Other Who Narrates Your Thoughts?

Usually its just me. Occasionally it'll be Zach Braff in John Dorian style (scrubs) or Morgan Freeman

Interesting question. When I was younger, it used to be my first grade teacher lmao.

I hear my own voice? A man's voice. Thoughts are pure. There are no filters in my mind constantly feeding me information. Compliments and self-satisfactory when I am good, and a swift and brutal critique when I falter. A voice silently judging my every move and decision and/or lack of decision. It is soft whispering voice. Neither benevolent nor malicious. Oftentimes stern, but with good intent.

The cynical sarcastic inner monologue of a hard-boiled private eye from the 40s who drank too much whiskey and chain-smoked enough cigarettes to satisfy the entirety of the city of Los Angeles, full with analogies that don't make sense and corny one-liners.

Me. I can clearly hear my voice inside my own head.

Myself. Though sometimes my inner voice takes on the accents of whomever I've been around recently and/or watched on tv. So convincingly well, I might add, that I trick myself into thinking I can actually speak aloud with said accent. Only to try and realize I absolutely cannot. 😅

cat Heavy breathing GIF

So, do you guys hear your own thoughts in your own voice, or is it someone else's voice?

For instance, I am an AFAB Non-Binary person, but the voice narrating my thoughts could genuinely be male or female. Like a young man's voice if I had to sum it up?

Upon thinking about it, it's an amalgamation of loads of voices..

What about y'all?
In a roleplay sometimes I'll think of the oc"s voice as I write with the dialogues. Male or female depends on the character while in speech.

You know the guy who played Forest Gump? Like I literally hear Forest Gump narrating my thoughts.
I'm not weird you are -- :dead:

The voice in my head is very much my own voice, but what I sound like when I hear myself talk and not what I actually sound like when I hear voice recordings of myself. So a mirror reflection of me I guess. Me but a little bit to the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back