Other Who Narrates Your Thoughts?

mediae

i'm on top of the world hey! (he / she / they)
So, do you guys hear your own thoughts in your own voice, or is it someone else's voice?

For instance, I am an AFAB Non-Binary person, but the voice narrating my thoughts could genuinely be male or female. Like a young man's voice if I had to sum it up?

Upon thinking about it, it's an amalgamation of loads of voices..

What about y'all?

Not really a voice? Don't hear anything. Like I can think to myself, hear words or even speak inside my head, but I don't hear an actual voice.

Certainly not mine since I'm always weirded out when I actually hear how I sound on recording.

So... No? Just the formless voice as always.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell. It's like trying to pick up a voice from a vague memory. There's a blurred sensation of what it is like, but unless you are trying to think of a specific voice then you're likely not hearing anything that distinct.

My inner monologue is in my own voice, though when I'm daydreaming/reading each character has their own unique voice. Now if I could just get myself to shut up.

Its more like numerous voices for me, that constantly argue over what to do, that gets extremely annoying. Its hard for me to pinpoint which voice is which, since they often often talk together, but so far I been able to tell somewhat which from which. Theres the comforting one, that constantly tells me not to worry, and forget all the bad things that happen, the delusional one, thats always yelling absolute nonsense conspiracies, and tries to get me to believe them, the paranoid self concious one that always tells me that people are either watching me at all times, or talking about me, the suppressor, which basically just tries to get me to never get too happy, or too angry, just go with it, the motivator, which tries to tell me that I'm doing good, I'm making progress. They all have distinct voices though

Now if only I can get them to stop arguing 24/7, and stop screaming

I definitely have an inner voice but it's vague as well; I can't quite hear it enough to describe its sound, other than it feels distinctly mine.

Sometimes it’s Pedro Pascal with the Mandalorian filter on, sometimes it’s Cary Elwes, but a lot of the time it’s my friend- who is one of the most annoying people alive, but I’m pretty sure he’s my platonic soulmate

So, do you guys hear your own thoughts in your own voice, or is it someone else's voice?

For instance, I am an AFAB Non-Binary person, but the voice narrating my thoughts could genuinely be male or female. Like a young man's voice if I had to sum it up?

What about y'all?
I like to think that Steve-o's voice is in my head constantly telling me what I'm about to do is stupid.

And then I do it anyway.

But realistically... if I had to give it a voice it feels an awful lot like BT from Titanfall 2. At least that's what it sounds like right now?? I don't know how else to describe it.

The voice I hear when I think in my head is vaguely like mine. Same speech patterns, slightly higher, and smooth as vape smoke as opposed to...how ever one describes the qualities of an old man's voice.

Usually it's my own voice. But every now and then I hear my thoughts in the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch. XD

Mine varies, depending on my mood and what I am reading. If I am reading a documentary, it might be a monotone indeterminate voice, but if I am reading a poem it is the strident voice of a young, optimistic man. It really varies, from young, gentle female to a drill sargeant to a grandfather to something so vacuous and nondescript I am unable to point out anything about it.

Mine changes every day. Some days it's my own voice, some days it's Morgan Freeman, some days it's Gaston, some days it's someone else entirely.

What about y'all
its either Ryan Reynolds or Samuel L Jackson depending on my mood

A four foot bipedal skunk named Pepe. He was cancelled not to long ago and I wasn't that much of a fan, to be honest. But when sweet words are whispered to you in a faux French accent, you knees just get weak.

What about y'all?
Good question! I think for me it’s neutral.

personally in my head it's my voice used for speaking. unless i'm reading for a certain character or person sometimes it's in their tone. Or for a song I hear the actual song in my head clearly like it's playing on bluetooth or something.

deep, almost androgynous, female voice, though sometimes a lower-than-my-grades masculine voice if my brain wants to cosplay as Jesus and rant about how disappointed it is in me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back