Video Games WHO, I ask, doesn't have a Switch, but really wants it?

LilLappy

MagisterMagi (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Honestly; it's like, the coolest interactive system out there at this time (other than the Dreamcast, which still holds a place in my heart), with its portability, variety of games, including THE LEGEND OF FKKNG ZELDA BREATH OF THE FKKNG WILD AND SKYRIM (COMING), as well as the multiplayer capability.

Nintendo truly has upped the ante once again in the field of diversity and interactivity.

*raises hand halfway*
Xbox One first because Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.
But
Ye.
Because is poor and doesn't have time for entertainment.

Idk I've never been a big Zelda fan and Skyrim is best on PC when you can mod tf out of it. That being said I wanna switch for new Fire Emblem games hella bad.

Me...

I want a Switch so dang bad...

For one reason.. and one reason only...

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!

Honestly; it's like, the coolest interactive system out there at this time (other than the Dreamcast, which still holds a place in my heart), with its portability, variety of games, including THE LEGEND OF FKKNG ZELDA BREATH OF THE FKKNG WILD AND SKYRIM (COMING), as well as the multiplayer capability.

Nintendo truly has upped the ante once again in the field of diversity and interactivity.

Unpopular opinion: Nintendo's last good console was the DS. Also unpopular opinion: Nintendo's franchises aren't that great.

I want a Switch as well because I just have to see Mario + Rabbids Kingdom. It's just...why such a weird sounding crossover? Also maybe Pokken Tournament Deluxe as well.

I want a Switch if Smash 4 ever gets ported to it. Or if Nintendo makes a new smash game.

Me too! I never got a Wii U, which I've always wanted but never had the opportunity to get, but I will save up for this one OR ELSE! >: (

as well as the multiplayer capability.

Which is really only great locally as of now. Complete lack of an OS level party feature, pretty much everything relating to online infrastructure is a mess, the phone app is actually the worst function we've ever had in gaming when it comes to online. Were it an option and not our only choice then it'd be better but it isn't, so it's not.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Got my Switch at launch and love it. Probably my favorite console over my PC and PS4, and the local multiplayer aspects are amazing. But for how great that is they decided to completely balance that out by giving it the worst online functionality since the DS/Wii era. It's either because Nintendo is just gonna be Nintendo and continue to shoot themselves in the feet because they can't do things too well, or system can't really spare the resources to incorporate a proper messaging system at the OS level. Something that the Vita - the Vita - was already doing. Splatoon 2 has really driven home how much of an issue this is with how hilariously difficult it makes it to actually play with your friends. It's such a shame as is it's quite a large smudge on what is otherwise a great release. Makes it difficult to suggest to people sometimes, doubly so when the company is being needlessly coy about their actual plans and constantly delaying their full online service.

*frustrated exhale*

That aside, it's easy to forget that the system has only been out for about eight months. The software lineup is nothing short of amazing, and I'm really looking forward to Mario, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and portable DOOM. Hoping all of you who are hunting for one can snag a system soon. Starting to see them in stores around here but I'm thinking there may be more stock issues once Odyssey releases.

If I could finally get a real pokemon mmoesque game on the switch, or at least one with instance based dungeons to play with others. I’d happily shell out for one.

But breath of the mediocre alone doesn’t warrant the purchase of a new system.

When/if Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing games start coming out on the switch, I'll set my sights on it. For now I'll stick with my 3DS. Also, the switch is $400 CAD and I don't have that kind of money to spend on a console. For $350 I got both my DS and Wii U. To be fair though I only got a 3DS once it had been out for years and I only have a Wii U because I bought it from my friend thinking I would play with it more than I have.

Anyways. It looks cool but I miss the 3DS style. It feels somehow more portable than the switch from what I can see.

it's cute and has great games. i'll probably sell my kidney for it one day.

Last edited:
For those of you still on the fence the embargo on Mario Odyssey reviews has lifted and Metacritic literally can't handle the weight of the scores.

When/if Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing games start coming out on the switch, I'll set my sights on it. For now I'll stick with my 3DS. Also, the switch is $400 CAD and I don't have that kind of money to spend on a console. For $350 I got both my DS and Wii U. To be fair though I only got a 3DS once it had been out for years and I only have a Wii U because I bought it from my friend thinking I would play with it more than I have.

Anyways. It looks cool but I miss the 3DS style. It feels somehow more portable than the switch from what I can see.
My question is why Nintendo fails to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back