Fall Contest 2020 Who Am I?

Organized_Chaos11

I was looking at him in a weird way. He stared back at me, but confusion was the only thing I saw in his eyes. I looked away, disappointed.

“J-A-N-I-C-E?” He signed. I shot him a ‘Please forgive me’ look. Even though he was mute and couldn’t say the three words, I still considered him a candidate. I gave him a hug and continued my search. I looked at each and every one, comparing looks and friends. I knew I could do something. I did a back handspring right there in the courtyard. Boys wolf-whistled, and I picked one guy in a hood.

This one was mysterious. The situation became even more mysterious when he rushed from his seat and out of the courtyard. I was fast, my legs carried me closer and closer to his running and panting body. He turned the corner, trying to get away from me. I cornered him, lifting off his hood. I was surprised to find her with long black hair with tints of purple, and she had sunglasses on. I tried to take the sunglasses off, but she just shrieked when I did.

“Ari, why?” I asked her. Tears welled up in her eyes.

“I’ve missed you ever since you went on your quest to find love.”

“Yes, but-”

“I wanted to be the one you found love in! I wanted to be the one who marveled at your beauty and talent in aerial silks and gymnastics. I wanted to be the one who guided you to my favorite spot and then-” she paused looking deeply ashamed and deeply embarrassed.

“When are you going to learn that I love you more than anything in the world?” she asked, with a desperate look on her face. She had nowhere to go. I had a hard decision to make. And then I made it. I almost crushed her with a hug, telling her inevitably ‘I love you too.’. Ari hugged me back, so relieved she thought she might melt into the floor, partially of relief, partially because Janice was so amazing she was practically glowing with warmth [in other words, she was hot.]. When I released Ari from the hug, she was crying. We had been friends since sixth grade, and she knew so much about me. All the things I excel at, but also my imperfections and flaws. But she still loved me so much. I thought back and saw her hooded figure in all of the many times I had searched and searched. I took off her sunglasses, revealing her beautiful hazel eyes. I opened my mouth to say something, but she stopped me, with a shocking acknowledgment of love. I hope you all know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread