• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings, and welcome to the Interest Check of Whispers of Myth!

The RP is a medieval fantasy experience, but it will remain grounded in realism as far as physics and the laws of nature (there is a little bit of scifi occult stuff though). As such there is no magic, nor are there mythical creatures of any kind. So if you like your fantasy adventures to be more like The Elder Scrolls, this isn’t the RP for you.

For those who don’t mind the lack of magic or mythical beasts, this RP will offer you a host of opportunities to explore other aspects of the Fantasy genre including, but certainly not limited to, the following:

* Exploring ancient and forgotten temples, ruins, underground shipwrecks (yes, underground, not just under water, mind blown!) and winding cave systems in the mountains, plains, and wastelands of the world
* Experiencing the vast and varied cultures across the 5 main nations of the continent
* Intrigue and investigation of conspiracies, nefarious plots, and other threatening goings on in the darkness
* Acts of great heroism against dangerous and overwhelming odds
* And, of course, combat out the wazoo against the likes of bandits, rogues, thieves guilds, assassins, military forces, and more

Because this RP has been based on a story concept I’m working on turning into a novel, there’s a lot of worldbuilding going on in this RP to experience and enjoy. When I said “vast and various” cultures, I meant it. You’re going to see a lot of different things in the world from clothing styles, architecture, lingual quirks and regional phrases and sayings, differing methods of various professions, military armor and weapon variance, and much, much more.

If you want to see a streamlined example of how much lore is in this RP, please visit the Lore Page! And yes, this ungodly amount of lore is the streamlined version.

As well, we are hoping to see characters along the lines of the following list showing up somewhere along the line. They're not requirements though. Feel free to create whatever kind of character you want so long as it fits in a medieval-fantasy (non-magical) setting. Thanks!

1) Travelling Dancer/Assassin (Male)
2) Seductress/Martial Artist (Female)
3) Head Royal Knight/Paladin (Will be Mayumi's brother)
4) Samurai (possibly dual-wielding katanas)
5) Chain/ Whip Wielder (Male)
6) Scythe Wielder

If you have any questions about the RP and the world itself, feel free to join me in the main Discussion OOC thread page found here, or via the Discord Server with this join link (but please don't join unless you plan on actually participating in the RP, thanks!):
Thank you!

Last edited:
Count me in!

Awesome!

Please visit the General Discussion OOC page linked in the IC and ask about anything you want regarding the RP!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, there's a lot going on in the RP world which would be good to know or at least generally familiar with before jumping in.

Cheers!

I'm assuming that there will be a party. What's going to be the reason that will bring the characters together?

Last edited:
I'm assuming that there will be a party. What's going to be the reason that will bring the character's together?

Good question!

The exact details will differ slightly based on what types of characters are brought in, but the central concept is a standard situation of people coming together for mutual survival and/or coincidental gathering for mutual gain.

For example, my character (and another character from a player soon to join formally once she finishes a few things) are both assassins. So for us it'd likely be partially due to having targets in the same city and/or the same target by coincidence. Our characters know each other, so the idea they'd go after the same person, or at least have targets in the same city, isn't that far out of reach.

Again, depending on what other types of characters join the exact details will vary. And I have planned for different situations and options for various character types so it doesn't feel too forced. Still, it's going to be one of those situations where a powerful coincidence plays a role at first.

Oh, something else I forgot to mention about the RP is that I'm 100% open to everyone pitching in and adding new ideas for added lore (providing it lines up with established lore on the lore page), adding locations, suggesting important missions/side-missions, etc.

If you have ideas, I want to hear them! This RP's not a closed entry where you have to adhere strictly to whatever I set up. I want to hear what you guys think and what kinds of ideas you have to make the RP fun and exciting! So if you wanna join and get involved in helping shape the adventure then by all means start letting those gears in the ol' noggin start turning!

Thanks!

Hoyo! Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon and Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

I made a Discord Server for those still interested in joining this RP!

If ya'll have discord and wanna meet up to talk about the RP or shoot the breeze between posts, by all means stop by! And this goes for anyone interested in joining! Feel free to stop by the Discord Server via the invite link above and we can enjoy some nice conversation and discuss the RP to our heart's content!

Cheers!

Just realized I'm a derp and didn't share the Character page as a direct link, so here we go!

Okie dokie. So we've got about 2 people interested so far! Yay!

Would anyone else be interested in this RP?

I know it's not a magical adventure, but hey, deadly assassins, world exploration, intrigue, detective work, romance, and all that jazz ain't so bad, yeah? Lol.

Anyway, if anyone's interested please do either join the Discord Server or hit me up in DM's here and we can discuss your character(s) (yes you can have more than one)!

Cheers!

Is it still open? I'm interested!

Absolutely it is!

Feel free to hop into the Discord Server at any time, or shoot me a DM here on the site to discuss anything or ask any questions!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreetings!

I have updated the Lore page with a map of the continent, as well as information on Te'i Sai that you probably (don't) want to know! If you ever wondered what it was like for the enemies you'll face to be a legitimate threat to your character's lives, wonder no more. Remember the info that's presented is for the "weakest" class of Assassins in the organization. So let that sink in as you read through it and you'll learn real quickly why it is that Te'i Sai's such a big deal in this world.

Enjoy!

Hello, I'd be interested if possible.

Certainly!

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be back on Monday the 2nd, but feel free to read through the Lore and ask any questions you have either here or in a DM with me and I'll be happy to answer!

Back from vacay and bumping to see if anyone out there still wants to join!

If so, please hit me up in a DM here and I'll give you a Discord invite to our server for communication purposes.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back