Other Which way do you write the letter x?

Which stroke order is yours?

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 2 4.8%

Votes: 25 59.5%

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Saw this post on Tumblr just now, and it's got me trippin - I'm a #8, what about you? Like, what's next, y'all gonna tell me that you write a lowercase b from the bottom up? Are your Os counterclockwise? Does English even have a stroke order????

1548119914425.png

I wanna know who voted for 1, like.... it's safe to come out. I just wanna talk.

I do 7, and it turns out my Os are counterclockwise! I think it's because C and G are easily made with a counterclockwise stroke, so my O just became an extension of that.

I alternate between 7, 5 and 6 apparently
Never had stopped to think about it before...

Last edited:
Holy shit
I didn't realize this was a thing
I've just pretty much always done 7/8

I mean I apparently write my 4's write, so you know there's a problem there, too...

I wonder if this has anything to do with our writing system, because it starts from the left and goes from top to bottom. At least, I presume most of the users on here are used to that system. Would it be different for, say, native Japanese writers? Not that I'd know anything, of course. Just an armchair linguist here.

I had to really really think hard because I wasn’t sure if I did 5 or 7. Had to go right a sentence before I was like oh ok its 5.

Also 1 through 4 are witchcraft. I dont trust any one who starts any letter with an up stroke.

Oh my goodness, thats weird!! Is it totally crazy that I do all of these depending on how and what im writing?? Im ambidextrous and I like to practice hand lettering, meaning I write in different fonts and I realized that the ony one I dont really ever do is #1.

i saw this just the other day and found it so fascinating! i’m personally a #8 and i think it has a lot to do with the fact that my name is “lexi” because writing the x the #8 way makes it super easy to glide your pencil over into the next letter.

5 and 7 for me... I've noticed I tend to alternate between stroke order for some letters when I write and I have no idea why. Man now I'm confused

5, here. I write in a hodge-podge of cursive and print, so the first stroke of my X continues through the rest of the word, if applicable, and then I come back later to do the other stroke the way one would cross a T or dot an I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back