• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Which system would you prefer?

Which system would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacepanda

Galaxy Elf Extraordinaire
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I know not many people use RPN for dice-oriented games, but I would like to try and get a group together at some point again. If I were to GM for a group, which system would you prefer? If there are any other game systems / worlds that you would prefer please select OTHER and list it below :) Just a side note that I am not really a fan of D&D or Pathfinder, so please don't list those. I feel like those are much easier to find.

Don't know if you've heard of it, but open legend could be a good suggestion. While there isn't exactly a lot of content for it out there (as far as I'm aware) the rules are available for completely free, and it is fundamentally designed for a very customizable experience. While I can't promise I would join an RP with it because I am picky regarding the logistical aspects of RPs I join, it is a system I am personally interested in and that I think makes for a good suggestions particularly if one is trying to use something not as many know about.

I'm less trying to use systems people don't know about, and more looking for systems people want to play but are ignored or can't find players for. The above are the ones I'm most familiar with, but there are plenty of others I myself would like to play, like Paranoia :]

Monster of the Week is not as well known, but it's much more reliant on narrative choices than dice roles. Could be interesting in this format.

Just a side note that I am not really a fan of D&D or Pathfinder, so please don't list those. I feel like those are much easier to find.
While I love the extensive lore of these RPGs, I can't stand all the complicated rules and character creation process.
spacepanda spacepanda What systems out there just flat out don't use dice? And don't shoehorn you into prescribed classes or roles? I'd be interested in something like that.

Monster of the Week is not as well known, but it's much more reliant on narrative choices than dice roles. Could be interesting in this format.
Monster of the Week only seems to cater to a very specific kind of RPG adventure, though. Like, if you're not into the "Scooby-Doo" monster hunter theme, then it's not really applicable.

Last edited:
While I love the extensive lore of these RPGs, I can't stand all the complicated rules and character creation process.
spacepanda spacepanda What systems out there just flat out don't use dice? And don't shoehorn you into prescribed classes or roles? I'd be interested in something like that.

Most RPG systems I know use dice in some form or another, if even just lightly. You could remove dice from games like 10 Candles and Fiasco if you wanted easily. Check out Fiasco, it has a bunch of different scenarios and each game plays like a movie, or are you looking for long campaign-like games?

Most RPG systems I know use dice in some form or another, if even just lightly. You could remove dice from games like 10 Candles and Fiasco if you wanted easily. Check out Fiasco, it has a bunch of different scenarios and each game plays like a movie, or are you looking for long campaign-like games?
definitely not looking for campaign games. Short-term is better, as it is more likely to reach its end. I'll definitely check out the Fiasco thing, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back