Advice/Help Which section does this go into?

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I'm working on an RP that will include magic, modern technology and cities, some futuristic technologies, superpowers, and much more. Though I've ran into the problem of finding out which section it would go under, Fantasy, Realistic/Modern or Futuristic. If you have an idea of where it can go please tell me.

While an RP like this would normally go into the fantasy section, realistic/modern may be the place to find an audience who would be into this kind of stuff. It all depends on what kind of audience you're looking to attract ^^

Hmm... Okay yeah, Realistic/Modern seems right at least for the audience, thanks!

The setting is the important part when determining genre on RPN

Fantasy means made up setting with or without magic
Futuristic means setting in the far future or made up alien planet
Fandom means setting is some pre-established world ( i.e. TV Show, movie, etc. (
1x1 means a roleplay with two to three players
Modern realistic means the setting is a version of our world.

Superheroes go in modern realistic because they are usually set in a version of our real world.
If however you are making up a totally new world than it will go in futuristic most likely.

Well based on this I should still be putting it in Modern/Realistic as it takes place in a world similar to ours, the differences being the US is replaced by a new nation some time in the 1980s to 90s and the world is tolerant to things such as robots, bipedal pigs, aliens, magic so on and so forth (also these exist). Actually I think I might have made things a little more complicated anyways thanks for the answer!

Well based on this I should still be putting it in Modern/Realistic as it takes place in a world similar to ours, the differences being the US is replaced by a new nation some time in the 1980s to 90s and the world is tolerant to things such as robots, bipedal pigs, aliens, magic so on and so forth (also these exist). Actually I think I might have made things a little more complicated anyways thanks for the answer!

Yeah think of it a bit like superhero comics.

Superhero comics would likely all fall under realistic modern on this site. As they all start with a basic foundation of our world. They might have different cities, different technology, etc. But it is usually recognizably a version of our own world.

So yeah Realistic is a pretty catch-all genre. As long as you have a foundation that is our own world than you would place your world in that section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back