Divinity Original Sin 2: As a roleplayer this game is just amazing. It's everything a rpg should be. It's calibers above any story Skyrim or Dragon age tells, even though I love both games. It is a great strategy game and I adore every character.
I've been obsessed with Hollow Knight for a while. I just can't get over it, maybe it's because I love bugs, maybe it's that awesome style, I'm not sure, but I love it. The soundtrack is pretty great in my opinion, and the love and care that has gone into the world, it's characters and it's lore is awesome. I just picked it up a few days ago, but I've known much about it prior to that. Kinda wish I hadn't spoiled some of the lore and soundtrack, but there's still some stuff I haven't got to, so hopefully I'll gain more material for me to obsess over. Eugh, I could gush about this game for much longer than is healthy.
Halo Wars 2 and Team Fortress 2.
Halo Wars 2 mostly because they returned to a cast we actually knew and could like (NOT TO MENTION THEY RETURNED THE MORE SIMPLIFIED ARTSTYLES) while improving the game in areas where it needed it, and not for the sake of improving it.
Team Fortress 2 because the community isn't as toxic despite it being 5 times as old as Overwatch. That and I can spam voice lines without getting banned.
As of late, it's been Fire Emblem. Gotta love Chrom despite how dumb he can be and Robin! I only own Awakening and Heroes, and Awakening has been good so far.
Oh, and Dynasty Warriors. The story is pretty good (specifically in 7. in 8 and 9 the story kinda got worse imo?) and the characters are good, too. Especially Sima Zhao and Zhuge Dan.
Oh man... Let me see if I can place them in list form (no particular order)
- Final Fantasy series (VII-XV. yes even the XIII franchise)
- Kingdom Hearts series
- Mass Effect games (except Andromeda. I'm just not obsessed with that installment)
- Dragon Age series (2 was a disappointment, but I did enjoy the characters)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (the first one in the franchise that I spent hours upon hours developing relationships)
- Fire Emblem: Fates (especially Conquest because it broke my heart a good bit)
- the Danganronpa series (oh man... I binged them in like four days and they destroyed me)
- Okami (it's so gorgeous and so fun to play)
- Monster Prom (it's so funny and great when I don't want to commit to saving another universe)
- Tales of Berseria (I fell in love with the cast soooo much)
- Animal Crossing (no shame)
- Divinity: Original Sin 2, especially when I can't play D&D that week.
There are others that I'm not remembering at the moment, but I game quite a bit. Lol