• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Where's it go if it's modern fantasy?

In my opinion, I'd go with the more dominant factor concerning the setting. A realistic setting probably means more modern, whereas a mythical, supernatural, or mystical setting could be considered fantasy.

In general, it's usually best to go where you think you'll find the most interested players for what you want. So if you have a lot of fantasy content, fantasy is best, whereas if the fantasy content is more of an accent to it, then modern is best. Technically the genre of the rp is dictated by the overall setting, but honestly if you can make a good enough justification for it to be in a particular section then it doesn't matter that much. My recommendation is to go with your gut instinct, and if you can't decide then base it on the setting.

I've got a dystopian roleplay up that has a hint of fantasy with the underground rebellion, so it's a mix of futuristic, fantasy, and modern. I put it in fantasy since it has kind of a sci if vibe with the way the technology works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back