• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Where Were You for Alcatraz?

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter
As most of you know, Alcatraz for Beta Protocol was a large-scale destructive event that changed the lives of many and shook the world over by dissolving the Justice League. I compare it to the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster of '86, although other travesties have been used.

This post is designed to go a step beyond the "After Alcatraz" additions to almost every character sheet and give everyone an opportunity to say what their characters were REALLY doing on the evening Alcatraz occurred off the coast of Florida. You can list it out or write it out, doesn't matter.

This is your chance to tell everyone what your character was doing on the day this Earth stopped turning.

sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko NecroKnight NecroKnight The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Rui Rui Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Crono Crono Demonhunter Demonhunter AceofRoses AceofRoses Archon Archon Sopranos Sopranos Romani Romani ChazGhost ChazGhost Epiphany Epiphany

*Stretches all ten fingers* Alright, lets do this.

The day Alcatraz burst into a fireball was the very same day Alphus T. Durn ceased to exist.

While Alphus wasn't part of the fight in Alcatraz but instead stuck in Gotham, he certainly was there mentally. He didn't go to school most of the time after Sir Tim and Miss Drake (Rebecca Drake) had gone off to join the League in battle and instead payed attention to every bit of information that was relayed by the media. But when that explosion went off and it was confirmed what had happened was an explosion, something about Alphus changed.

I imagine Alphus just sitting there. Switching from channel after channel, after channel. Going over the footage right before the explosion and just staring at it. Seeing all those petrified faces and looks of fear right before the big bang. Desperately trying to find out what had happened to everyone. To the League, to the people that hadn't evacuated yet, to his mentor and literal hero. It tore him up not knowing. It frankly destroyed him almost as much if not more than what his own parents did to him because it made him feel like he'd felt before back on that operation table; weak. Like he couldn't do anything and was just a child again that did nothing but dig for information that ultimately did him little good.

That very day when the explosion was confirmed and it had been reported many lost their lives and the estimated number of casualties had been given, Alphus did two things. First he turned off the TV, second he went to his father's empty study and just sat there in silence to think for the rest of the day, shifting between a physical and non-tangible form for hours. Wilfred was unable to attend to him at the time because he was trying to keep Suzillan calm as she was having her own reaction to the event and she had only recently been reunited with her brother months after the ACS nearly collapsed. The rest of the staff had their own issues as well and were just as distraught so Alphus was all alone in his father's empty study for quite some time before anyone even bothered to think about where he was.

The very next day, Alphus left the study, sat down with his household for breakfast and greeted them like any other normal day. And that's when Wilfred first realized, Alphus, wasn't the Alphus they knew anymore.

That was the day Alphus Bartimuer was born.

There was a loud explosion on the other end of the comm, and then there was silence. Static. Nothing.
Jess ripped the comm link from Terry's hand.
"Dad, what's going on???"

Silence..... she began to panic.

"Dad! Dad, come on! Say something!!!"

Nothing....

"Jess..."

She felt a calm hand on her shoulder. "Jess, He's gone...."

It took her a moment to process, but she had a sinking feeling in her gut.
"No... NO!! I'm going down there!!" Tears were coming down her face now.....

"Jess wait-!"

She punched in the Alcatraz coordinates before anyone could say anything else.

By the time they caught up with her, she had found her Father's body amongst the rubble and debris and was sitting there with her head on his chest, sobbing, clutching his limp hand.

"Jess... Jess you have to get up now...." She heard Terry's voice andshe shook her head.

"No.... No I'M not.... not leaving him...."

"Jess... you have to get up now..." This was Skylar's voice now...

"I'M NOT LEAVING HIM!!" She wailed, her fingers gripping her deceased Father's arm. "He... He'll get up... He always does.... Come on daddy... please...."

"Jess...." She felt hands grip her shoulders as Trixie pulled her up. "Come on now..." Jess turned to Trixie and sobbed into her shoulder.... the speedster looked at Skylar and Terry with tears in her eyes as Jess buckled to her knees, dropping out of Trixie's grip, head in her hands....

The man wore a dark suit, stained even darker. He tugged his gloves off, the material soaked throughout. He reached towards the other man, tied to a chair, and grabbed him by his hair, jerking his head up."Speak. Tell me what you know", he ordered. The man groaned. "The Jewish Torah contains a step by step procedure on how to survive the coming apocalypse", he croaked.

The man in the dark suit angrily swung his hand, the crack from the reverse of his palm connecting with his victim's jawbone. He sighed and backed away from the limp body. "Are you missing your brain and your face, you fucking idiot?", he sneered. The man with no face lifted his head and coughed. "Look who's talking", he replied with a wheezing laugh. The man seemed confused. He leaned forward so his fsce was a few inches away from the other mans smooth lacktherof. "I'm the idiot, huh? Well, take a look at who's tied up and who's n-" He was cut off as the man jerked his arm upward and brought his hand closefisted into his throat, crushing his windpipe. He quickly snatched a knife from the table at his left and cut himself free, advancing on the man who struggled to breath.

"Who is your boss?", he asked, calmly, his voice completely devoid of the croaking rasp it held moments earlier. The man coughed and shook his head. Question dug the knife into his thigh. "Tell me." The man whimpered as Question began digging around with the blade. He screamed, but no one would hear him. He had made sure of that. At last, he caved. "I don't know, all I know is he works for Lexcorp. Now stop, just please stop." And the pain stopped and went away. As did everything else.

Question rose from the body and limped away, pulling out a heavily encrypted cell phone and dialed the only number it would send. "Your man is with Lexcorp. You're welcome", he said and hung up.

Vincent Szasz would later watch the news from a hospital room, saying he'd been hit by a car, as body after body was shown. He saw that among the dead, there were multiple heroes. And in that moment, he felt uncertainty.

Drake was doing one of his favorite pass times, stealing from the rich. He easily got pass the guards outside the buildings by going into his shadow. Inside the building he stayed in the shadows, dodging the camera views and invisible lasers. Soon he made to his goal, the rich man trophy room. The room was huge with a variety of mounted animals heads, ancient treasures and what Drake came for: a first edition action comic number one.

Drake took the job from a comic book collector with to much money on their hands. Drake calming but carefully walked over to the comic and slowly opened the glass case it was in. Once he did through alarms started barely through out the mansion. "Great... Well better get out of here quick..." Drake said to himself with a sigh. Drake grabbed the comic quickly and placed in a bag he had before running to the window. Behind him he heard men yelling out in the hall running to the window. Drake used his shadow and destroyed the window before jumping out of it. When he landed his shadow was their to break his fall. He went into his shadow and got out of their as fast as he could.

In a hour he walked up to a car parked on the side of the road, one for him to escape in. He started it up and turned the radio on. The men on the radio were talking about a tragedy that just took place at the Alcatraz prison. Several heroes were reported dead and that the Ros Al Ghoul seemed to have won the day. Drake then opened up his bag and looked at the comic book. "Well I guess they can't be super forever... I wonder if this book's price will go up because of this..." Drake said smirking to himself before driving off...

This was a shitty diner.

That was something Freddy had noticed before he'd even sat down, the dead cockroach in the corner, the dirty dishes just visible in the back, and the TV that looked like a model from the 70's was more than enough to tell that this diner was one of Gotham's worst, which was saying something. They didn't serve anything appealing at all, and anything that showed slight promise was quickly proved just as terrible as everything else in the diner, evidenced by the day old huevos rancheros on the plate in front of him. He would've left awhile ago, but the coffee was good, and honestly good coffee was the only reason he'd decided to eat that night, which was why it was pissing him off that his mug was still empty.

The young man seemed like he was being held together by medical tape, with allot of it covering the parts of his flesh poking out from his baggy hoodie. That, along with the stitches on his forehead made the one waitress in the restaurant hesitant to approach him, which would usually be okay considering how he was working on some very hush-hush vigilante business, but his mug was still empty, and she'd yet to refill it.

Freddy grit his teeth together as he stared down at his phone, looking back at his notes from earlier in the day. He'd gotten his ass kicked, that much was clear, but what he wasn't sure of was if that was supposed to happen. He'd had one of the men under him do some research on a drug deal going on by the pier, and he'd been going under the assumption that there'd be fifteen men at the deal tops, but there'd been forty or more. Not only that, but it was almost like they'd KNOWN he'd be there, which either meant his informant got faulty info, or they'd tried to set him up. Freddy knew that relying on criminals who only stayed with you out of fear was dangerous, but he'd thought he'd made his methods brutal enough to stop this kind of thing from happening! But seeing that he might've failed in some way was almost enough to make him shake with rage! And on top of that his mug was still empty!

Pair that with the medical bills he'd have to pay for the hospital he was clearly going to need to go to soon considering the wounds he'd suffered, and add on top of all of that that it would probably mean he'd have to come up with yet ANOTHER half ass excuse as to why he'd been missing and why he looked like shit for his aunt and Micheal, he had allot of things going through his mind! And the terrible diner he was siting in wasn't helping him in any way at the moment!

And on top of that, his mug was STILL EMPTY!

Freddy slammed his hand on the table and looked towards the waitress, "EXCUSE ME MISS! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A NEW CUP OF COFFEE FOR TEN DAMN MINUTES, SO IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND FILLING MY GOD DAMN MUG, THAT'D BE GREA-" Freddy stopped yelling as he realized how the waitress was just staring ahead in what appeared to be shock, frozen as she looked at the TV ahead of her. Freddy shifted his gaze to the TV, as he attempted to make out the news through the static.

There was a news anchor sitting at the desk, tears welling up in his eyes despite his best efforts as he ran a hand through his thinning hair, "-and we're sad to report the *bbzz* deaths of hundreds, and *bbbzzz* Oh god I can't do this...I-I...the League failed...I can't do this, I-I need to go home, cut the feed-'

The anchor left the set as the feed ended, leaving the diner empty once more. Shifting his gaze back to the waitress, tears were now running down her face, as she fell to her knees and hit the dirty ground. Freddy sighed and placed a twenty on the table before standing up and leaving as he grumbled to himself, "Guess I'll try to get the ten year old coffee maker to work at home..."

Alcatraz wasn't Gotham, and although even then the kid known to many as Red Hood had a suspicion that things would change in Gotham as a result of what had happened, Alcatraz wasn't his city, and Gotham was. Besides, as bad as the event was, he had more pressing matters to deal with in his mind, like just how he intended to figure out what to do with the informant who'd set him up...

(Meant to use this as a chance to answer the question and brush up on my IC writing after a week, but I went way overboard)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back