Advice/Help Where do I post character sheets?

Wormwood

O' how the moon has risen!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I've had a few people asking for character sheets, and while I was happy to write one up, I wasn't sure what format it was supposed to be or where I should put it. I'm still relatively new to RPNation, and would really appreciate the pointers. I now have a character sheet, but no idea where it goes.

Extra: What extra little bits do you put in your character sheets? How do you spice them up?

Try going on extra pages and post there. This is underneath quests. Have you tried and quirks or spasms they do like avoiding eye contact, how they walk, mannerisms.

Thanks a bunch!

And I didn't think of things like that, that's interesting! I usually write what would be in their travelling bag, or what they wear. I like that, I'll remember it next time!

if you want to put character sheets independently or just for general review, this is the place: Character Feedback
(for those you can put whatever you want, within site rules of course)

If it's for a group roleplay, generally speaking there will be a dedicated thread with for characters made by the GM. Of course, they do have to make it first, so if there isn't one, please be patient. There should be a template there as well most of the time, form which you can tell what you're supposed to include. Otherwise, ask your GM.

If you want to post characters for a 1x1 RP, that is between you and your partner. You should ask them where they would like the character sheets, and what they'd like in them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on your second question, I do generally include a lot of details on my character sheet, as I'm the more planning / works best with more info sort of guy. I generally prefer more complex and concrete character sheets, so that's the type I make as well. I have the basics like name, age, gender, species, personality, backstory, powers, but I also like to add some extras like occupation, wealth status, likes, dislikes, fears, maybe some favorites and other extra extras... and of course, when I work within a system (like D&D) or if the particular setting calls for it I will add other appropriate stuff as well.

Oh, and I love coding. I don't ask others to code as well and I do leave a semi-coded version, but man I just love the look of a coded CS and though the functionality is a bit lost now I still love all the possibilities of what one can do with BBcode. For instance, I used to have this CS for a character that was a ghost, and so I edited some images to make them look like old sepia photos and then had the CS and the photos kinda fade in as you hovered over them to give 'em that "ghostly" feel.

---------------------------------------------------------

In any case, hope this helps, best of luck and welcome to RPN!

Thanks a bunch for all the helpful info! I've never been too smart about coding, it sort of looms over me because of how daunting it is. I know that there's a lot of new creator friendly tutorials, I've just never dipped my toes in.

Thanks a bunch for all the helpful info! I've never been too smart about coding, it sort of looms over me because of how daunting it is. I know that there's a lot of new creator friendly tutorials, I've just never dipped my toes in.

You can take your time with it, or heck, you don't even have to get into it at all. I do it because I like it, that's it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back