Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Believe it or not, I started out on fanfiction.com, I remember my first rp too: Valkyria Chronicles. I like fanfic mainly cause of how it we could have structured our forums, and people were dedicated, but it was much more difficult to draw a crowed.

I moved to a different rp site, a fantasy site, I don’t remember what it was called, but it encompassed a large fantasy world where you could be whatever you want. Problem was, I was banned from the chat and discord for literally three swear words. Didn’t really get much of a warning either.

Then I stumbled onto this site, called it home ever since. Tried a few other servers, but I gotta say, nothing

Java chatroom, when it was in fashion. Then I did a few years worth of RP in a fantasy RPG game as well as on the guild forum. The RP expanded into FB then Discord.

I roleplayed on ROBLOX back in the day, and I also roleplayed on a Wikia site all the time, I still do, but not as much as I used to. I also occasionally roleplay on Discord, and then I came here.

Eh, lots of the common places, Roblox, world of Warcraft, swtor, discord, and I think there was another one but I can’t remember.

I used to RP on old proboards forums, GaiaOnline, and Skype. More recently I've been RPing on tumblr and discord but have decided to branch out and see what else there is.

Howrse, Flightrising, Skype, Tumblr, Roleplay.me, now here. Not going anywhere for good now that I've found this place.

I started on good ol' Quizilla :')

Moved on to Facebook roleplay but left whenever they started really cracking down on fake accounts.

Dabbled a bit in Twitter roleplay before moving on to Gaia, then Amino until I turned 18 and felt uncomfortable writing with minors. From there I found an invitation only roleplay site but left it and found this place.

I occasionally post some partner searches on Tumblr but those never seem to take off

I started out doing roleplays on the phone (which is what has sparked my passion and any raw talent I have for Voice Acting), and I was on a... Site that I'm not going to use the name of because I feel ashamed I used it. I ran into too many people who wanted inappropriate and, frankly, disturbing roleplays and I don't mean dark disturbing I mean that these kinds of people could detail illegal actions TOO well like they'd done them. I obviously felt uncomfortable. I kind of migrated here when I was looking for Death Note roleplays and I've met some awesome people here.

I started on an app called high school hero. I didn’t actually play the game much, but the rp forum was really active. Then moved to chatzy, to skype, to shamchat, to discord, to rp-forums, to here.

started on this site called quotev- some updates happened, so, i moved here. still on there, writing some things. but, not always. rarely.

I’ve written on a lot of sites, even in only just the last ten years.

Iwaku, Anime League, Role-Play Adventures, Roleplayerguild, Gaiaonline would be the bigger ones.

Before RP Nation, I had role-played on Amino.

There was this one role-play-centered Amino called Regalia and I spent a lot of time learning about role-play there. Although Virtual Space was the very first Amino I had joined (it wasn't exactly role-play-centered, but role-play was quite known there).

I started out on Roblox, believe it or not. At first just roleplaying in games, then in groups, and finally on the forums (long before the Roblox forums were removed).

Eventually, I shifted over to RPing on Comic Vine, and eventually found my way here :D

Like seriously started? Uh
Oh G+
Which is dead now so oof
At least I’m still in touch with my long term to bestie

chickensmoothie for me!! I think I had an older account that got deleted but the one I was able to find was started in 2011! I believe I was also on Magistream? Those were some good times <3 Also DeviantArt off and on but I'm pretty sure that was after I started on chickensmoothie.

Yahoo chat -> Yahoo messenger -> proboards forums w friends -> The Keep -> Bleach Asylum -> RPGW -> email -> Fantasy Sandbox -> discord -> RPN

Quite a few of those I still use. :) yahoo chat was where I started.

Also you can mix in tabletop RPs in there somewhere.

My first role play site was called Neko Kugyay. While I didn’t want to leave it became a site that got over run by people not interested in roleplay. They created so much spam the owners of the site decided after having to redo the site so many times to just shut down the entire site once and for all

I miss my old site but have found so many friends and role partners here that I wouldn’t give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back