Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I'm new to RPnation so i'm hoping to find some good long-term partners,

Reddit, Discord and Facebook.

Facebook is genuinely atrocious for rp partners and will not use it again.
Discord and Reddit are ok.

For me, it’s Tumblr and Discord. I’ve tried other forums, but the community activity was pretty sparse. RPNation seems to be really active so I’m hoping to find some partners here!

I started way back in 2011 on steam. Then I moved over to fanfiction.net around 2012. I was on fanfiction for a significant period of time before eventually migrating mainly to discord. I was attracted to expanding my horizons to rp nation after I was majorly told off by the LFG subreddit and told that I’d probably have better luck on specialized rp-search sites.

It was many moons ago but a chat server entitled IMVU and roleplayerguild before the crash. I have dabbled in other sites, too. Some have stuck and unfortunately, others have not.

Love the community of RPNation the most though! 🥰 💛

I first started RPing on Neopets. I then joined Gaia Online in 2004. I RPed there until around 2013, in which I switched to MMORPG RP such as World of Warcraft and WildStar. I only recently returned to forum RP.

First ever RP i did in wikia forum of Russian Geometry Dash wiki of all things, about 6 years ago. Then a long pause before I discovered magic of Discord RP's about 2 to 3 years ago. Ever since then, I was a (semi)active RP'er, participating in multiple RP's over the years. Then I found this site, where I hopefully, will too, do roleplays in.

My roleplaying really started to begin on Chatzy where a bunch of friends I talked to whilst gaming on Kongregate decided to set up a chat room for that purpose. I enjoyed it a lot, eventually it led into me discovering my general roleplay preferences character-wise, some fun scenarios in the setting I was in and just some people to shoot ideas towards. Of course, it wasn't permanent and soon enough I found myself on my own without many people to roleplay with, aside from a close online friend of mine to this day we still like to discuss character-related shenanigans of which I deeply appreciate.

I then turned my head over to other websites, such as a fandom roleplaying subreddit which I had established two of my favorite OCs I've roleplayed as for a few years and became a member of their community, and later on switching primarily to Discord RP where I did more fandom & multiverse RP for a little while and made some more close friends, before I turned to some more original fantasy-based settings to see if there was anything that would have grabbed my interest. While there are a few Discord servers I'm still a part of and enjoy deeply, it's the fact that I've lived in Australia leads into timezone & activity issues just in general that have honestly made me feel a little down in some cases.

Which made me decide to bite the bullet and look into the idea of forum-based RP again, and as a result, I stumbled into this place! 😄

Either way, my roleplaying journey has let me make so many friends and try out so many new ideas for characters, and now I'm hoping to make some more!

Used to roleplay pretty heavily on Xat, until I came across Batoto and spent a lot of my time there. The transition from speedy, light posts to meaty, near essay length posts was a refreshing medium. I often go back and read through my posts and think to myself "did I really write this? Was this really me?". It's incredible, really. I was so laser focused on getting all my ideas out there, and I really miss that hungry side of myself. I had a brief moment where I Rped on FFXIV, but I really couldn't get with the lay of the land. Now a days, I leave all that imagination trapped in my head, but I'm hoping to change that!

I used to role play on Gaia Online and Facebook before finding my way to rpnation.

Started on Neopets, then spent a few years on Gaia Online. I was then introduced to a site called Ammonia Zero created by one of my Gaia RP partners. Right before AZ died, I was introduced to a site called Roleplay Adventures, which became my main site for several years (though occasionally I branched out to other sites as well). RPA is now sadly about to shut down due to increasing domain prices*, so I started searching for a new site until I found my way here to RPNation, and I’ve felt right at home here ever since.

*The RPA admins HAVE expressed a willingness to save the site if someone else is willing to buy it, but that’s admittedly a bit of a long shot.

Started on Neopets, then spent a few years on Gaia Online. I was then introduced to a site called Ammonia Zero created by one of my Gaia RP partners. Right before AZ died, I was introduced to a site called Roleplay Adventures, which became my main site for several years (though occasionally I branched out to other sites as well). RPA is now sadly about to shut down due to increasing domain prices*, so I started searching for a new site until I found my way here to RPNation, and I’ve felt right at home here ever since.

*The RPA admins HAVE expressed a willingness to save the site if someone else is willing to buy it, but that’s admittedly a bit of a long shot.
I used to be on RPA as well. I have some fond memories of that place.

started on text+ communities, which is an app that doesnt even exist anymore, then branched out to virtual space on amino back when the apps were separate and not all in one, and warriorcatsrpg which became feralfront and is now dead lol (but i left feralfront before it became feralfront)

in recent years ive used tumblr, discord, and even pony town but none of these have really stuck. i took a break from rp for a while and wanted to get back into it, so im trying out rpnation!

I rped on Ani/ rp.me as well as discord.
Originally I rped on myspace when I first started out.
I came here hoping to find better results without having foot fetish messages, or smut only rpers.

Oh God that was og MySpace. Needless to say that was years ago. I'm really rusty and have been trying to get back into things but God I can tell I must be out of practice or it's really HAS been that long even though it doesn't feel like it sometime. I dont remember ghosting being such a problem back then lol

Quotev! Got addicted to it at a young age. So when my account got disabled, I decided to look somewhere else to roleplay.

I started on Yahoo! chat (god i'm old). Then drifted around a few RP sites that don't exist anymore. RPing on Discord at the moment, though.

I started on Quotev on Jan.5 of 2015 and facebook when I was like 13/14 and now I'm 21 and I'm here and Quotev still lol.

Amino Facebook discord Wattpad roleplay domain Google docs chatogo (I didn't like that one much.) Emails so on and so forth. I been rping sense I was 13

Tbh it was gatch life advertising amino rps that got me in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back