Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

like a lot of other people, neopets was my big roleplay home. never really could settle anywhere else and mostly just do 1x1s now.

I went to a site called roleplay.me, despite what the site had on their rules they're were suggestions to some and I had to leave. I don't regret leaving. Anyone else from roleplay.me and had a bad experience?

Started online RPing on roleplaygateway over a decade ago. After it lost most of its active members and basically went ghost city save for a few isolates groups that still frequent it only for their friends who're still there, I went around to a bunch of other random sites before landing on this one. Haven't regretted sticking around!

I started on a forum that wasn't even for roleplaying called dragoncave forums (it was an extension of a dragon collecting site pfff)!! Actually was pretty popular on it :')) then I moved to deviantArt for a while and joined some groups before I decided I wanted to try a different site, since I liked forums and RPs over DA took place over docs, and so I came here. DeviantArt was interesting because there are groups on there and people submitted drawn characters with sheets and people drew scenes and stuff! It was pretty cool tbh B))

Started in OneMangaForums, then it died for a while so some of the regulars made their own forums. Then went back to OneMangaForums 2.0. Migrated to Batoto, then the RolePlayerGuild.

Started in OneMangaForums, then it died for a while so some of the regulars made their own forums. Then went back to OneMangaForums 2.0. Migrated to Batoto, then the RolePlayerGuild.
Oh man, OneManga forums. I was on there when it was still a thing. I remember they had a very interesting roleplaying style. I wasn't really that active. Think I joined a couple of roleplays before I faded to other sites. I was more active with their graphic and poetry competitions than I was in the roleplaying end of things.

Oh man, OneManga forums. I was on there when it was still a thing. I remember they had a very interesting roleplaying style. I wasn't really that active. Think I joined a couple of roleplays before I faded to other sites. I was more active with their graphic and poetry competitions than I was in the roleplaying end of things.
Yeah, when OMF was at its peaked it was really active in most of their forums. The RP section was just a small corner.

Yeah, when OMF was at its peaked it was really active in most of their forums. The RP section was just a small corner.

Oh yeah I remember. And even then the roleplaying side of the site was fairly active. I recall there being close to 20 active roleplays at once when it was at its peak. A few months back, I thought of the site and wondered if it was still up and running, but seems like it's dead dead dead. 😅

I started on Gaiaonline. I still use it, honestly, although it's much more difficult finding partners than it used to be due to the user count shrinking dramatically over the years.

I remember this site called Freeyourselfroleplaying, man the memories...

tumblr, deviantart, youtube way back in the day (~2009ish) when its format still kinda lent itself to it, warrior cats forum even more way back

My origin is roleplayerguild in 2009. However, long before that, I used 'rp' before that on various chatrooms....if one-liners hastily written by a literal child count as roleplay.

And after that....many, many places...forums...chatting services...some of which no longer exist. And some of them, I'm still active on.

I'll leave their names up to the reader's imagination.

Started on Neopets til the Staff got on my last nerve and I ended up getting permansilenced over something absolutely stupid. I moved to PMs and Forums on Fanfiction.net since I am/was a fanfic author, as well as RPing with friends on Miiverse til that place started gstting post limits and being shut down. I also RPed a bit on Pokefarm Q (though it really was just on a few forums tbh). Finally I just stayed here only for RPing. I mostly do 1x1 since I don't have the motif for group roleplaying so much anymore.

Came from some Skype groups and a few Minecraft and WoW rp groups. Before that it was mainly starwars forums. Though I did do some rp on gaiaonline and runescape back in the day.

I know I did some one-liner style stuff on tinierme as a kid? But when I first started rping seriously, I met partners on Quizilla, then rped with them through emails. After awhile, that died off, and I moved onto social media sites to rp. I wrote a bit of rp via discord too, tho I like to keep it just for messaging friends nowadays.

DnD RIP. Fun for a bit then just always roll dice and kill things, no! cuz rules, more power, roll dice kill things, can't do that, now you can do this, more power, roll dice-- I need to start writing again...

First RP experience was playing DnD, which I started maybe 7-8 years ago. Recently I have become hooked on a in-browser, mostly text-based RPG called Battlemaster. So much fun! The players are incredible and we make such wonderful stories together. You RP as a noble (or a commoner once you unlock that section of the game) in a low-magic fantasy setting. There are plenty of mechanically things to do, but it is indeed an RP focused game. It's like getting to play inside GoT, so wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back