Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I role-played on DeviantArt before I came to role-play nation... and then I also used Skype to role-play as well, for a little bit. I only just became a little more comfortable to roleplay on Discord. I only have like two active RPs there.

As for myself, my first ever roleplay was on Discord. But unfortunately, it was short-lived. :closedeyesfrown:

If you ask about forum roleplaying though, I've been roleplaying in this Pokemon forum called Lake Valor. I tend to be (almost) one-liner there due to the RP-ing nature and pace there. I mean, in the 1x1 RPs I'm doing there, it's as if the host and I have a certain time span to quickly bounce off the story between each other.

I used to roleplay on Gaia Online, then I moved to written RP with my friends during class, and then I went to IMVU for a very long time, then for 2 years I was apart of Untold Tales, and now I am on Discord, and came to RP nation to find more Roleplay buddies, I had no idea this site was sooo popular.

My first ever roleplay was actually on Miiverse! It was one of Nintendo's websites before they shut it down. It was really cringey but fun.

oh god, I started on habbo hotel then switched to IMVU and then finally ended up on RPN and I'm so glad I'm here!

Oh god, I can’t remember what it was called, but I think it might have been called Roleplay kingdom? It was very messy html-wise, and you could set roles in colored boxes that people would write their character names in, and the forums were very eye-burning. I dunno, it was fun and I was stupid.

I roleplayed on a website called scratch for a long while, but I got bored with it and moved to Roblox. Then i got bored of that too. Eventually i found here

I started on Gaia, then went on to Tumblr. I've bounced around a few forums, but now I'm here!

I started off on Neopets, moved into Proboards. I completely forgot about Gaia Online! Thank you to the member above for bringing the nostalgia back, going to see if that's still viable.

I mainly roleplayed on GameFAQs and TV Tropes before I joined RpNation today. I only got serious about roleplaying within the last few years though!

I roleplayed on the Facepunch Forums until Garry(the owner of the site) decided to be an ass about it and shut them down because he wasn't having his way and people called him out on it. So eventually we moved to this site.

MUDs, Secondlife, WoW, and other places. I would say that my first time RPing actually started in an IIRC chat back in... 2008? Yeah, that seems about right.

You'd be surprised to all the places you can find RP. Even on MMOs these days.

Does anyone remember Shelfari? Even typing that name seems surreal lol, even though it only went down in 2016 I think...? My whole life was RPing on that site, I about died when it went down. Lost almost all of my writing friends too :closedeyescryingfrown:

At my house. Or a friends house. The local game shop. OH... you mean on line. Everywhere. Although I really hate playing on Discord. D&D beyond is the best!

I've done a few. One came from dA and toyhouse and operated in discord. Many have been in Advanced Scribes. I'm on this site because a friend from AS invited me recently :)

My first experience of RPing was on a proboards sites years ago, where RPing was more of a section rather than what the forum was about. Then I joined a private zetaboards RPing site, before actually making a private RP proboards forum of my own. After some drama, I essentially abandoned the site and made my new home on the Roleplayersguild in January 2014. Finally after taking a haitus in late 2020 for a couple months, I finally found myself here to turn over a new leaf and return to writing.

For me, it was Miiverse -> Friends on Discord -> RPnation!
I would die of embarrassment of anyone found my old miiverse roleplays complete with astericks and neko cats. Thank god Miiverse has been removed 😅

the roblox forums, but then the forums got removed a few years ago. i feel nothing but pain whenever i look back on the roblox forum archives of my old posts

for me, i haven't really been on any other RP sites. like, i have roleplayed before (in real life and in stories) but i haven't been on any RP site except this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back