Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I used to RP on a KIK group chat that went down in flames but it was fun while it lasted! I also used Feral Front and still do, but it's so dead right now so I moved to here!

Goodness, if my memory doesn't fail me, I'd have to say my very first roleplaying platform was Google+ and Omegle. Google+, although the users were god awful, had a nice layout that provided for roleplays. Communities that allowed moderators and owners, pinned posts for a simple directory and a nice moderation system. Anyone who wasn't apart of a community could use their own profiles, make Collections with their characters, starters, etc. and it was nice. Oh, do I miss it so dearly for it was so, so simple!

As for Omegle, I would definitely not recommend. Hah.

I also used Amino, Discord (still do), Kik, Roleplay.me (absolutely terrible) and more. RP Nation was a site I signed up for last year and hadn't used it until recently. I do regret that because there are some wonderful writers here. Now, I just need to participate without my feeble manner disrupting that.

LMAO BRUH UHH

in order of oldest to newest
Foopets > Cellufun > Chickensmoothie > Wajas > Fanfic.net > Quotev > Kik > Instagram > Advanced Scribes > Amino > Toyhouse
nowadays I stick to here and discord LMAO but occasionally search my old places if I'm desperate enough

small edit, these were also all used within the span of 12 years

Before coming here I've roleplayed with friends before so I'm nervous and excited to try this out.

hmmmm... I'm sure there were a few others, but the most memorable are:

• local LARP group that had a forum for character interactions between events.
  • rpgforumsonline
  • roleplayerguild (still active)
  • rpRepository (still active)

Everyone's listing an order huh? Alright then.

• Pokemon Elite 2000
  • Yugioh Card Maker (Kinda alive)
  • Serebii Forums (Still uh....)
  • IwakuRoleplay (Still active)
  • RoleplayGuild (Still active)
  • [REDACTED]
  • RPNation (current)
  • [REDACTED] (Still active)

Roblox until I was 13-ish
Amino since I was 13, still would like to, but I’m grounded and my school WiFi blocks it.
and now I’m here

Pretty sure I started on msn, moved to Gaia after a bit, then onto Iwaku and Story Tellers Circle. I've used email as well when convenient, though not regularly.

I think I probably started of curious about RP in Gaia. It was my first experience into forums, actually. Then, probably Tumblr. It was fun running character blogs/interactions for a while. Then, I probably got most serious about RP after joining those slice of life town RPs hosted in Jcink. But I grew tired of it eventually and wanted to expand creatively into writing more unrealistic scenarios. So that's when I landed here and am testing the waters.

FooPets, some random tint forum website I can’t remember that a RP partner made, ChickenSmoothie, Advanced Scribes and now I’m here. I am just trying to get the hang of where things are and finding some quality new peeps to rp with!

Aol 3.0 in the Arts and Entertainment section where they kept all of the rp rooms , and then I went onto gaia, Facebook and now here. I wish I saved my old rp sessions on aol with the people I use to rp with on there

Last edited:
Yahoo Chat 1998. Back when you could make your own rooms, the Arts and Entertainment section was full of roleplaying rooms. It was mostly script style or very short posts and was full of wackiness with very little internal consistency. XD
That was like Aol chat rooms lol

Unknowingly started on Animaljam.

Officially started on ponysquare, but that site shut down years ago. Since then I found random rps through friends on discord.

i think i started out on an app called high school hero circa 2013. started up again on amino/tumblr/kik in late2016/early 2017.

I mostly roleplayed on Feral Front, but since that is shut down I am now on here and Iwakuroleplay!
I also Rp on discord!

ok long list

Discord
BlockStarPlanet (long time ago)
Stein.World
Roblox
Minecraft RP servers
Star Wars Combine
Elder Scrolls Online
with myself on Skyrim
Oblivion
Morrowind
Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall
Elder Scrolls 1 Arena
and tons of online game servers that I cant even count
Dungeons & Dragons all editions

Mine were Gaia and Neopets!

Neopets were mostly short to medium term high school and band roleplays, trying to be as edgy as possible while avoiding the censors and hoping that we wouldn't get warnings, haha.
Gaia I was in a several year long modern fantasy tavern roleplay. It kind of fell apart due to some drama, which was to be expected, tbh, as we were all in middle or high school at the time and definitely all didn't have great RP etiquette. I did a few others after that, including a 1x1 that continued some storylines from that RP, as well as a hospital based one that lasted a good amount of time.

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

Hi there!! I'm Warren.

I've had quite the roleplay journey, I think! Haha, wow, well, I guess I started on the old, like 2007-2011 Youtube message system with online friends in the same fandom. Then, when Youtube updated and almost voided everything it considered a Private Message, I moved onto DeviantArt because the friends I had beforehand already had accounts on the site. I didn't really enjoy that style of roleplaying, but then I found a site called Warrior Cats RPG. I was a kid, so naturally as a reader of this series I was super excited and joined. That site turned into FeralFront and then I also joined Xanje, both of which were what I considered my golden years of roleplay from 2014-2016. I fell out of the hobby because of a breakup, but I just recently came back a few weeks ago to see that FeralFront was shutting down. So, I moved here to reignite my old passion. c:

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

Discord and Twitter, and I still RP on both, though it's hard to find writing partners on them sometimes.

Goodreads and Roblox, still do to this day. My teacher told us to rate books and i roleplayed with books, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back