Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

They make a "story" and people roleplay in the comment section.
There's a pretty good comment second, a direct-messaging feature, and people make 'roleplay books' for the exact purpose of it.
Interesting. But how do you vet the players or submit character applications? It seems like it would be a big jumbled mess.

Interesting. But how do you vet the players or submit character applications? It seems like it would be a big jumbled mess.
You can block and delete comments, and you either comment your sheet or have an 'oc book' where you write in your characters. It should be messier than it is tbh,

Well on Wattpad you can reply to specific parts of a story like a specific line so from what I've seen to submit applications they usually reply to the application template directly.

You can block and delete comments, and you either comment your sheet or have an 'oc book' where you write in your characters. It should be messier than it is tbh,
Ah, okay. I see how that can be organized. I have a wattpad account. I had intended to use it to write stories, but I have a very hard time staying motivated when I'm writing alone.
Well on Wattpad you can reply to specific parts of a story like a specific line so from what I've seen to submit applications they usually reply to the application template directly.
gotcha. This is all kinda interesting since I have an account, but never thought to look for RP on there.

Ah, okay. I see how that can be organized. I have a wattpad account. I had intended to use it to write stories, but I have a very hard time staying motivated when I'm writing alone.
Tbh? I... don't recommend roleplaying there. It's mostly 12-14 year olds on the roleplaying scene and while props to them for having fun? It's FAR from the talent some people on this site have.

I started on Facebook. Yes, Facebook. My younger self got really into Warrior cats for a while through one of their pet sim games, and then I branched into the rest of the internet, most notably Goodreads, Omegle, and Quotev (which I'm 99% sure was called something else years ago) where I got something dumb like 30k reads on a Hetalia fanfic I never finished. I still wish I hadn't nuked my FB, I'd love to go back and see all the cringe I got into!

Last edited:
I started on Roblox playing as Warrior Cats, then I discovered the Warrior Cats RPG forums! I had multiple accounts there, but my main was hacked and I lost the passwords for the others before dropping out. A few years later I start on Discord, then decide to return to WCRPG, which led me here!

First I did some RPing back on chat sites like Kidzone and Yahoo.

Then I hosted my own invisionfree boards for Kingdom Hearts RPs.

THEN I realized the larger world out there, and was on forums like RP No Limits and RP Limited. Still relatively small compared to here.

My first large board was RPG Chat (Itzume -- if you remember, hit me up), before that crashed and burned when Admins changed, and became RP Society, and died.

Then I was here~

I started on a forum with my husband and some of his friends.

Branched out to other forums eventually.

Then moved to Second Life.

Then World of Warcraft.

Then back to Second Life.

Then Tumblr.

Then Discord.

Then Gaia.

Then back to Discord.

Briefly Twitter.

And now I'm here, but mostly Discord. xD

I started rping on Deviant art because I had a friend who would talk about her RPs a lot and I thought it sounded cool. I used to write a lot before I starting RPing so she told me how to get started and here I am 7-8 years later!

<p>

Lol finally remembered the password to my old chickensmoothie account and was browsing through my newbie stage roleplays ( cringing all the way ) and it got me to thinking. Where did everyone get their start in roleplaying? Did you start on a different site and migrate here or did you begin on RPnation itself? I personally started on gaiaonline and chickensmoothie. Both accounts are currently closed ( well I'm cleaning out chickensmoothie now and you can't really delete accounts on gaia ) But I did enjoy them for a time. Sadly I outgrew both of them eventually and that's how I found myself here.

</p>
i came from quotev ! it’s still active , but the sites rp community isn’t the same as it was so i left :,D

I started on a site named Howrse - it's actually a horse game but their are player forums - it got pretty intense. I also dabbled in some roleplaying over on the official warrior cats forum as well.

My very first roleplay happened on a game forum for a racing game called Talesrunner. I then roleplayed on private server forums for the game since it shut down in 2011. I landed on roleplayerguild for a few years before finally moving here. No regrets!

I started with a Phantasy Star IV RP on MSN Groups. Dabbled a bit in Avid Gamers and a few other things, but eventually ended up at Shining Force Central because of one of the players of the PSIV RP brought me there. SFC has a small, but very active group of players there.

I'm here because YsFanatic invited me to join a game. I've been most active at Shining Force Central but I've been around the internet roleplaying scene.

Lol I started on Miiverse in 2013 until that place was shut down, then I migrated to Google+(which I loved since there wasn't a character limit unlike the previous site), then that place also got shut down. Then I moved to MeWe and most of their communities stagnated and now mostly contain smut players or the really young beginners which admittably is a terrible blend. Now I'm here!

Started on Gaia in like 2005

Moved to forums (like where the entire game is its own site) in like 2007 and have done it off and on there. I still love that format, and have two that I will stick with FOR LIFE because I have dear friendships.

But I came around here because I have a lot things I'd like to RP that aren't big enough to need their own forum. Or I just want to play with things with a small plot and a small group of people. Or I just don't want to go through the fuss of making a whole forum just to play a thing.

neopets ! (omg i am crying thinking about how awful i was) then i moved to december-romance/twilight-sky (will forever hold my heart) and then email and then here !

I have had a long history from roleplaying on Facebook, Hyves (a Dutch equalivant of Facebook, but no longer exists), Tumblr, GaiaOnline, and IMVU.

I started in 2010, if I remember correctly, on Facebook and IMVU. I feel like, back then roleplaying was more fun than it is now, but perhaps it is because I have experienced a lot of things that could go wrong during a rp or with a rp partner, and it has made finding a suitable writing partner more difficult. While I'd love to let go of my standards, I just can't :/ I just don't want to experience the same kinda crap I did in the past.

Well I used to RolePlay on Roblox for a while, back when it had the funky cursor and shit like that, anyway it was fun but eventually left it and moved onto an App called Amino, I was on there for a decent amount of time, but I enjoyed it for a while until the fanbases which were completely cringe, I also used Club penguin for a few months but, eh.

Also if any of you used to Rp on Animo and you recognize these names, These were me!

Kap (Descendants Amino)
Dewey Amari (Overwatch RP amino)
Nightstalker prime (Transformers RP amino)
Dewey Kapuliongua (Gundam Roleplaying Amino)
Dewey Wayne (Batman amino, Jenna if you are here, I miss you)
Dewey Anderson (Hellsing Amino)

There is just a few to name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back