Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Definitely started on Runescape when I was suuuuper young. Of course, all of the words were 'u rnt lol' types of stuff.

My step brother at the time introduced me to this site called KidzWorld, which I believe is still working? I haven't checked it in years, but once you turn 18 they shut your account down. Mine is definitely down by now because of my sheer inability to not lie about my age at that age.

There was some Twilight fan site I found with a friend one time. We messed around on there a couple of times, but I don't recall what it was called.

Omegle. It was easier to find people that wanted to genuinely roleplay a few years ago.

I tried FFn, but I couldn't ever get into any on that site.

I did roleplay on Facebook for a couple of years, but it was mostly as those of us playing as characters interacting with each other and fans of the books (House of Night). 

There was also this site like chat avenue or something like that, that I did roleplay on.

But for about two years before this site I didn't roleplay, I just wrote lots of fanfiction. Lots of it.

Definitely started on Runescape when I was suuuuper young. Of course, all of the words were 'u rnt lol' types of stuff.

My step brother at the time introduced me to this site called KidzWorld, which I believe is still working? I haven't checked it in years, but once you turn 18 they shut your account down. Mine is definitely down by now because of my sheer inability to not lie about my age at that age.

There was some Twilight fan site I found with a friend one time. We messed around on there a couple of times, but I don't recall what it was called.

Omegle. It was easier to find people that wanted to genuinely roleplay a few years ago.

I tried FFn, but I couldn't ever get into any on that site.

I did roleplay on Facebook for a couple of years, but it was mostly as those of us playing as characters interacting with each other and fans of the books (House of Night). 

There was also this site like chat avenue or something like that, that I did roleplay on.

But for about two years before this site I didn't roleplay, I just wrote lots of fanfiction. Lots of it.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT WEBSITE WHERE YOU CREATED AN AVATAR AND MADE REALLY CRAPPY CLOTHES TO SELL AND THERE WOULD BE AUCTIONS AND IN AUCTIONS IS WHERE EVERYONE WOULD RP? BECAUSE I JUST REMEMBERED THAT. I DID THAT TOO. THATS WHERE I STARTED MY LOVE FOR ROLEPLAYING AS A GUY

I love reading how everyone has a different origin; I never realized just how many corners of the internet RPing has reached lol. 

My RPing days started in iScribble, which was so fun because we'd draw the environments and facial expressions on our characters! I miss those days... I think it's a ghost-town now. 

Neopets....14 years ago and then some on vampirefreaks because you can join groups on there that just roleplay. I miss those days even if they were cringe worthy. 

Back when I was little Ender Jr. I RPed in the saddest and most cringeworthy place ever. Miiverse. I eventually came here after I got sick and tired of trying to get people to actually follow a coherent plot and not just wander around being a sad murder hobo that had the most "tragic" backstory and googled "roleplay forums". I went back there a few months after leaving to find that RPing had become such a problem that the makers of it had made the executive decision to limit every person's posting to 30 posts a day.

Game called Fiesta Online > Meebo > Gaia Online > Solia Online > Here.

Not proud of it. =n= Finally gave up on the whole avatar thing...

You will always be remembered, Tinier Me QQ

PokeDream > Innumerable Pokemon and Warrior cats forums > Google Drive > Tumblr

Google Drive is still my primary platform since it's spectacular for one on one.

Not proud that I RPed on Tumblr since it's a cesspool but at least it taught me a lot about characterisation and character development. =_=

Last edited by a moderator:
i havent roleplayed since may, but when i was roleplaying i was roleplaying at freeyourselfroleplaying, swizeo (now shut down and turned into some other site that idk of), meez (whose forums are super dead due to their updating of the website and turning into complete shit), and that's pretty much it. it's hard finding an active site that roleplays and isn't based off of fantasy and anime.

A game called Reign of Dragons. A card collecting game that was super fun. Found role playing and fell in love

First Blizzard in '98, then Neopets in '01, then in '03 we all splintered into a web of Zetaboard, Avidgamers, Invisionfree and plenty among others; then in '04 I went to Gaia's M/O board and ran an army for a time. Back to Gaia for a short stint in '09 after a long hiatus, mostly creepy lurker RPs. Just came here from there not long ago to try and break out of that terrible, deteriorating scene.

I have been at this forever. I wonder if any annoyers are here...

i havent roleplayed since may, but when i was roleplaying i was roleplaying at freeyourselfroleplaying, swizeo (now shut down and turned into some other site that idk of), meez (whose forums are super dead due to their updating of the website and turning into complete shit), and that's pretty much it. it's hard finding an active site that roleplays and isn't based off of fantasy and anime.

It sure seems like it's all fandom and b.s. nowadays. This seems all to be a little more my speed than others.

tumblr > figment > thar shaddin (a really detailed forum by the way, you have to be able to write a damn novel in your character application just to be accepted. lots of fun, though) > path of the vampire (fun for a while but the lustre wore off quickly) > figment > rpn.

or furries.

i came from the comments of deviantart and wattpad because i thought i was soo good at rp, so i did some research for official rp websites and i saw this one

I tried role-playing in fanfiction.net but that place is constantly inactive. Like, if I post something, they will reply it like after several months! 

Roleplayer Guild, it had its ups and downs but it was pretty decent, and everyone had fun but I felt there was a lot of drama. I remember a year or two ago I returned back to the site and I found out it was hacked. Everyone's accounts were deleted and it took months to get the website back in order, hasn't been the same since.

Roleplayer Guild, it had its ups and downs but it was pretty decent, and everyone had fun but I felt there was a lot of drama. I remember a year or two ago I returned back to the site and I found out it was hacked. Everyone's accounts were deleted and it took months to get the website back in order, hasn't been the same since.

Every forum has it's drama.

Let's see..

• First rp'ed in Tinierme (which died four years ago)
  • RP with one of my schoolmates through Skype
  • Continued a story line with another person through Yahoo Mail and eventually, Facebook chat. (We even reached the point where our characters married each other and had kids)
  • Had a group RP in Facebook with a few people I met on TM.
  • Dabbled on FFN but I kept forgetting about it and the others pretty much ignored me so there goes that noise.
  • Took a break from RP for about a year and a half.
  • Found out dreamself.me had forums so went in there too, but it kind of died too about two months ago. 
  • Then I searched for a new roleplay forum and ended up here :3

Some love for Roblox?

Anyway, Roblox was my first RP place.

Then Garry's Mod.

Then Adventure Quest Worlds

Then Skype with random people

Then Shamchat.

The forums, consisting of a Fairy-Tail RP and a SAO-RP.

Then I found this place, and became trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back