Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I did roleplaying on Geeking: Android.

Then I moved on to skype.

Then back to Geeking, but on iOS this time.

Finally, I landed here.

Rest in peace, Geeking Username:Schmidt.

Omg I swear I've seen you on Geeking back when I was active

I started on an obscure videogame forum called Miiverse circa 2013, it was built into every wii u and had a large audience untill i came here.

First were small free-hosted sites. I even had a few. Still have them. Such nostalgia hit when I start reading old posts.

Then I simplified things to skype and facebook. I didn't really believe in sites like this. I still don't but that's my cynicism, not as objective as I could be.

roleplaygateway, I was the GM for one of the longest lasting RPs on there but the group had to part and I didn't roleplay for a few years after that.  Now I'm back here trying to reconnect with people and start something cool! :D

Godville.

I'm a bit paranoid about rules right now, so I won't further describe it, so it doesn't sound like I'm advertising.

I  did most of my  role-plays on Gaia online.  I did start there like so many. Then I also did some adult rps on Blue Moon. I did not stay long on moon only because I had a hard time finding people who can be deducted to an Rp...now I'm here...I like this sight a a lot. It was recommended to me by an friend. 

A Yogscast fan site, it closed down and turned into another Yogscast fan site, I left after most my friends left, wandered around the internet, stopped RPingfor a while, went to Godville, then here.

Uh, a SAO forum, a Fairy Tail Forum, Garry's Mod HL2RP (Super serious RP that sucked) Roblox

I cant remember the first place I started roleplaying (it was honestly just some random site about warrior cats when i looked up warrior cats when i was obsessed with them around age 12).

But the last site I roleplayed on (still sorta do) is Feralfront.

PULSEIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like... twelve/thirteen ish, and had found the site advertised in the back of a book (it was a simon & schuster site, targeted at teens, age limit: 13-18 [it was 95% girls in the RP forum... like three guys? {and a few ridiculously dramatic moments... legit, leave for a weekend and one of the favorite users is now a social outcast...} though there were probably no more than 30 people in the roleplay section (more than a few were hitting the age limit and sneaking through]) It promised free books to read online, but I was sucked into the RP forums quite quickly.

Made some good friends there, sadly, due to lack of internet, I disappeared for a year or so, then they updated the site {Totally killed it tbh.} and it has now been totally overhauled {It's not even PulseIt anymore....}

*sighs*

After that I roleplayed over text with a friend (it got crazy, we were a little... tooo attached to our characters they had twitter accounts and Instagram and shit. we were weird)

About a year ago, I got back into RP, and found this site.

I first started RPing on a Bleach Fanon Wiki. It was... bleh. My works were, at least. XP

The correct question would be where didn't I roleplay before I came to RP Nation, honestly... ah, so many words written!

It all started on The-n.com because my love for Degrassi was strong.

When the-n turned into teennick about 25 of us created a .web site and migrated over there. It was really close knit and adorable. 

Then we all reached that weird stage where you think roleplaying is childish and stopped long enough that the site became inactive, so now that I'm old enough to not care what is and isn't childish as long as I enjoy it, here I am.

Oddly enough I started on a cat sim called Mweor.com which I still play lol. I immediately fell in love with it and eventually started migrating out to places with less constricting rules, so I didn't have to worry about being kicked off the site for saying a cuss word or two.

The official blizzard WoW forums. There was a tiny smattering of roleplayers there and I figured "what the heck - I play D&D, I might as well pass the time while I wait for the next patch to complain about." I got irritated that everyone else typed in chatspeak, and left for GaiaOnline - home of clingy waifus and super-special angel-demon-pony hybrids where everyone has heterochromia and the angst brigade never ends. I ran as far as my metaphysical legs could carry. Had a bit of fun on MythWeavers (still occasionally play there), and then came here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgh, I started my RPing endeavors on Roblox when I was like....ten years old?

It was just an absolute clusterfuck.

You could never really have a consistent story, in my experience, on that site. Always something new. 

That and Godmodding to the max. 

Roblox doesn't compare to RPN in anyway when It comes to proper RPing. XP 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back