• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Oct 31, 2022 Monday nightfall

It happened. One day our lives were normal; the next they were turned upside down. Our world had merged with a counter Earth, one that bore similarities to Middle Earth, or better yet, Greyhawk (the original Dungeons and Dragons realm) or even Kulthea (Rolemaster’s Shadow World). The new world’s name is Oerth. It was science meets magic. And the intruders proved hostile.

Geography
The land mass of both realms will be present. In other words, the surface area for our planet has doubled. Buth they are out of phase with one another. Crossing over is a matter of locating Rifts. At first the ME residents were much better at this. But it didn’t take long for science to begin to adapt.

Rifts
Rifts are virtually invisible to normal vision. At best they may be seen as a faint ripple in the air - like heat waves over a hot road. Each rift is two way. In other words you could be driving down a street and suddenly cross over into Oerth. Then hit reverse and end up back on Earth. Rifts are always perpendicular to gravity. They are NOT, however, always on the ground. Some are in the air; others in the sky. So far they appear to be stationary. (They are NOT; they will shift over time. This is because the axial tilt of Oerth is greater than Earth.)

Characters
Members of the group may only be human, or classic “player races” or worlds like Greyhawk. In other words, no OP races. I am, however, looking for more exceptional members of their respective worlds - adventurers. But:

No Undead, Lycanthropes, demons, etc.

(This will not apply to the GM, though I may create some BBEGs - Big Bad Evil Guys - and ask someone in the group to run one on occasion. And I will probably introduce a few members of some near extinct races.)

No, you may not be a hybrid of the two worlds. It is simply too early for that to be a possibility. Your knowledge should be limited to your homeworld.

Plot
Invasions will begin in both directions. Oerth is rich in untapped resources. From the perspective of Oerth, Earth 1 is rich in very different resources - slave labor, sacrificial victims, and advanced weapons. Part of the goal of the group is to stop the invasions and rescue victims.

Posting
3rd Person past tense
Semi lit to literate
I am looking for at least 3-5 good paragraphs (quality emphasized)
Personal arcs and Story arcs

Just need to get up a decent group. We could have a former US Force Recon fighting alongside a half orc warrior and a half elven ranger against a small horde of trolls. Might fast forward the start a month or so until after some of the invasions have begun (most into Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back