• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When two opposites meet, theres a pull.

Cosmic_Chaos

Turning into Chaos Incarnate, don't mind me
The Human realm was, in Alexa's eyes, boring. The Demon realm was much more interesting, with a fight breaking out over the smallest things. It was entertainment. Most humans didn't want to fight or cause trouble. But, none the less, she was forced to go to the Human relm for scouting. She was the scout, which made her so upset because she was too smart to be doing simple grunt work. Not to mention most grunt work required talking to people. What did her job entail exactly? Making sure that she kept up with the times. The Council agreed that, no matter how much Demons disliked the humans or the human realm, if they wanted to blend in for any reason, they had to keep up to date with the times. That mean speech-patterns, fashion, technology, and what else was new. Keeping up-to-date on America seemed to be a safe bet as well, seeing how popular America was and often liked to get into everyone faces.

So, dressed up in a more updated-version of what she wore in 2010, with the help of a store clerk at the clothing store, she made her way to a coffee shop. Most scouting she could do online, which made her life easier. One of the other Demons in the council suggested getting the Internet, or a version of it, which'll make it easier to keep an eye on things. Or at least have an easier way of communicating, which would be nice rather than have to send a telepathy spell that required mana, patience and time. They were debating it, Alex just hoped they would make up their minds. But, she knew that trying to convince the older Demons who hated change was something that was going to be a nightmare job in of itself. So, would she rather be out here alone doing scouting, or trying to convince someone stuck in their ways?

Well, when someone put it like that, she begrudingly preferred the scoutting job. As the council, if they unamiously agreed on something and brought it up to His highness as a unified front, His highness often allowed it to pass. So they had to get the old geezers to agree. Well, No time for thinking about all that, time to do her job. She walked in, earning looks from multiple of the males in the shop which didn't surprise her. She was clad in a dark blue dress that was covered in wed of black lace, knee-high boots with a heel, and what was left of her legs was covered by a pair of black tights. She wore a thick bark blue coat with a mix of dark and light grey coloured fur lining, and Black fingerless gloves. Simple makeup only to accentuate what she already had. He hair remained unchanged, pure inky black, long and straight. She knew that she looked like a modern-grown-up goth, but it was all she could pull off. Other colours wasn't her style, and she didn't like jeans or the unfortunately-limited amount of other trousers. And fuck wearing those Skimpy-tight 'leggings'. That and the dress just looked nice.

She ordered a vanilla-Late and sat down in the corner. She pulled out a laptop, a few halloween trinkets already stuck to it. It was mid-october, and thus getting close to the ebst day the humans have created. Halloween. Besides, it helped her blend in a bit, as it was normal to have little trinkets. Well, for women at least, Men had a weird Masculinity thing going on. She took out her phone, acting as if she was texting someone, when in reality she sneakily took pictures of the cafe. There was no way she could explain how people dress nowadays. She had to remember to get some magizines. Not everyone followed them, but they gave a sense of what the Fashion industry was like at least. She sighed, as she brought out a word document and started typing. To cover her tracks and to keep anyone from getting confused she put 'Human Trends in the past 5 years - Human Studies Thesis'. This way in case anyone looked at her screen, she didn't have to explain to anyone.

She bulletpointed different things and typed up a storm, giving the Barista who served her drink to her a simple nod, and proceeded to ignore the world. Rather than forced to talk to humans who could range from harmless and willing to help to easily triggered and ready to punch her if she so happened to breathe, it was easier to look up all the trends via her laptop. She was so involed in her studying that she forgot to keep an eye on her surroundings, to keep her guard up. A childish move, a fatal move, a move that could have costed Alexa her life. But, the person who seemingly came out of nowhere, but must have walked through the door like Alexa herself, was.... not attacking her instantly?

care_less care_less

The careless angel couldn't differ more from the demon. Where Alexa found the human realm to be uninteresting, Alicia was always estatic whenever she had an assignment amongst the humans. She had found their behavior to unpredictable and spontaneous. Their ability to act on their own account, with their own freewill, was fascinating to her. She was so accustomed to emotionless, robot-like soliders of Heavan, that it boggled her mind to see God's creation being so livily. It made her wonder why God did not make his other creations in the same way. It had gave her the hope that she too, could one day experience that same freedom. But for now, she continued her role as a messenger angel. Usually, her assignments would change locations once every month. Her only exception to leave said region was to check up on her boss's son, which was a treacherous chore. So she tried to enjoy the time she wasn't babysitting as much as she could.

Taking on the role of a human college girl, Alicia was to continue delievering orders from Heaven to surrounding angels. Big cities were a major attraction for any non-human creatures, so she was stationed in downtown New York. It was more crowded than she remembered. It was a good fifty years since she was last here, so it was a shock to her to see how updated the city was as far as technology. The rudeness of the humans never changed, but the variety of people definitely did. Nonetheless, she had her work cut out for her. Because she had to fit it, her job included doing ACTUAL college work. It was definitely not her favorite, but it gave Alicia an excuse to escape to a coffee shop to finish her school work. Her walk to a local coffee store was not a difficult one. The weather was cool and crisp, so she only wore an oversized orange sweater, blue jeans and some tan boots to be comfortable enough. She entered the shop and instantly frowned. There was already a long line! Alicia sighed as she glanced to her watch. She didn't have her next class for an hour nor did she have anywhere else to go. So she sucked up her pride and waited patiently in the lengthy line.

And she was beyond happy that she did. Halfway through her wait, she noticed a rather attractive woman pass her swiftly. She couldn't tell it it was creepy or not, but she could catch a small whiff of her as she walked past. It was perfume for sure, but it smelt fresh. Like a scent that she assumed to be either water or aromatic types. It was calming for sure, despite the slight chill she felt from the other. Was she a demon? Alicia snuck another glance at the female. God did that dress look amazing on her. She had rarely spoken to demons, but never would she think that one could look so stunning. She went to peak her head out further, but was interrupted by the barista. Alicia hadn't even spoken to her, yet the demon already was distracting her!

'There's no way,' Alicia thought, 'That I can't speak to a girl like THAT.'

Excited about her decision, she quickly gave her order to the barista. Like many angels, her taste palate did not appeal to anything too sweet. So she order a cold brew coffee with no sugar or creamer with a smile. The barista looked awfully exhausted, so Alicia had insisted that she picked out a drink for herself to have on her break. Of course, the barista told her that she didn't have to, but after some insisting, the barista added a frappuccino for herself to have later. Knowing that she made one person's day a little bit brighter, she left a few dollars in tips before grabbing her drink. 'Alright, it'ls flirting time,' Aicia told herself as she casually walked up to Alexa's table. "Hey!" she started out. "Nice day out, huh? Makes me wonder what a pretty demon like you isn't enjoying the sunshine!" Alicia realized too late how forward she sounded, and laughed awkwardly. "Hah! Sorry, that was kind if headstrong. But you are VERY pretty, so I was wondering if you're doing anything after this?" She then tries to peek over Alexa's shoulder to glance at her laptop. "Oooou, are you researchin'? You must be smart too! Being smart and pretty...what a good combo!"

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

It was easy to concel the shock Alexa felt when the new person started talking, what wasn't easy to concel was her own confusion to the fact that the angel was... complimenting her? The Woman seemed to take Alexa's silence to continue, and she did only further enforcing the confusion Alexa felt. Was... Was this woman, who had the energy of an Angel, trying to... pick her up? Although when the Angel motioned to her laptop, she couldn't help but close it. Trying to protect her work, of course. Why else would she close her laptop? She inhaled to steady herself, although she didn't feel nervous, because why would she, she didn't feel comfortable with an Angel. But if the Angel was willing to talk rather than fight... well, Alexa would rather not have to pull out her concealed weapons. So the least she could do was respond to the Angel who tried to start a conversation in kind.

"I'm not sure who you are or why you're talking to me. If you have buisness, speak it." She said curtly. "And I'd rather speak to someone in front of me, rather than behind me, so sit if you plan on staying." She said, feigning disinterest. While in reality she just really dislike anyone being behind her. She waited until the Angel sit before opening her laptop back up again. She reminded herself to not be as 'bitinging rude' as her coworkers would sometimes call her. She was sure she could manage that, she watched how some of the girls often acted. And there was no way she was going to act anything like the men in their comradary. Firstly, their personalities and her own just didn't match up, but also Alexa would suspect that it'd be weird to see a composed woman emulate a man acting as if he hasn't seen his bestfriend/lover in years. Yeah, that was a solid no.

Alexa made sure to subltly mask their presence and muffle their voices to the outside world. So they could talk freely without anyone listening in. It resulted in a small shimmer of distorted light for a brief moment, so Alexa knew that the spell had taken effect. She turned to the Angel, who now that she focused was definately an Angel, and gave the woman a sharp look. "Firstly, you have yet to ask or give a name, which is rather rude. Do they not teach manners?" She asked, obviously referring to heaven. "Because I do have some sense of manners, I am Alexa." She introduced herself. She waited for the Angel to introduce herself before promptly cutting in. Not rudely, but stopping the Angel before she could continue.

"Now, if you don't mind me asking, why in the 3 realms would an Angel be trying to get a Demon to meet them later as if you were attempting to court them? Not to mention, you also did all of that in the presence of Humans, possibly blowing mine or your own cover." Alexa continued. "Reckless. Please learn and use some critical thinking before going out on the field, it might do you good and save you the hassle." she warned. "Now, back to the original question, what caused you think that trying to court a Demon was a good idea? I doubt its allowed, and unless you're trying and failing to seduce me to attack me, forwhatever reason, it wont work. Now, please explain if you will." She said, thoughts running through her head. Luckily multi-tasked thinking was something she learnt to develop. She could dual-focus on the Angel and her work. Her work wasn't confidential so it should be fine to continue it.

care_less care_less

Alicia laughed awkwardly when the demon pointed out that she was standing behind her. She hadn't realized how strange that could have seen, and knew that if someone did the same to her, she would've smacked them in defense. "Oh! Sorry!" she apologized sheepishly. She moved herself to the empty chair across from the demon, and took a sip of her coffee. "Wow! This little place sells good drinks!" she said enthusiastically. Her taste buds were unnaturally inclined, even for most angels. She could taste almost everything that went into making the beverage. To whether the coffee beans were from Colombian or Costa Rican soil, to the speck of dirt that could have fallen in her drink. Nothing could slide past here. As it would seem, nothing unusual was about her drink, which was (ironically) UNUSUAL! Most places didn't have the cleanest kitchen, so it was a pleasant surprise to run into one.

The angel was about to ask if the demon tried her own drink, but stopped the moment she began talking. 'Wow,' she thought to herself, 'How does she have such a nice voice?' Snapping out of her thoughts, she registered Alexa's question before answering. "Ah! My name! You're right, that was rude of me! I'm Alicia. I'm sorry about my weak introduction," she says as she held her hand out, hoping for the other to shake it. "I tend to act before I think. Well, in these types of situations anyways." She took a good sip or two before continuing. "Although, I'm not sure what you're referrin' to. 'Buisness'? I'm pretty sure I asked you out, not for 'buisness'?" She said this last part slowly. Alicia was trying to recall if she had left that part out. It wouldn't have surprised her if she did, but she could have sworn she made herself direct enough.

"Did I not make myself clear? Or did I make myself TOO clear. Cause, ya know that happens a lot! When people are so clear that they seem unclear. It's like being so smart that you've became stupid! Or when you're so tired that you become shaky and awake? That used to happen to me a lot when I was younger! I think I was fifteen and..."

Alicia's voice trailed off. Her face became blank and confused. "Ah...what was I saying?" She was glad that Alexa was sturdy enough in their conversation, or else Alicia would have gotten confused and get distracted by a different topic. She felt a bit bad when the other mentioned how closer she was at blowing BOTH of their covers. It wasn't her intention in the slightest. Her smiled turned nervous as she scratched the back her head. "O-Oh! Oh, I'm sorry if I messed you up! I just got excited, my mistake. I honestly didn't want anything more than a date. Scout's honor! It's been a while since I've been on one, and the last girl I let get away died pretty soon afterwards. So I...I didn't wanna lose another chance!" She says more firmly as a way of reassuring herself. When Alexa had mentioned that being with a demon (or "courting" as she called it) was prohibited, Alicia giggled. "Pssh, you think Heaven would care? Nooo, no there's no rule for who angels can be with. That's a common misconception! The only rule is I can't have a child with a demon. Everything else is free game!"

Alicia couldn't help but to laugh again at Alexa's insistence. An angel seducing a demon? That was a new one. "Honey no! No, why would I seduce you! If I wanted a demon dead, I could find thousands of them. If I wanted YOU dead, then we wouldn't be conversin' right now! Really, all I want is a date! But..." she paused, her tone becoming softer, "If you don't want to, that's fine too. I wouldn't want to pressure or force you into anythin'. I wanted to shoot my shot. And I can live with myself (probably barely) if you were to turn me down. If you want, I can answer more questions! I like talkin', so I can talk your ear off about my intentions! But it's up to you, really."

While surprised that the Angel was willing to sit and have a conversation, Alexa wasn't one to simply ignore a custom. Most Demons didn't do it, but humans and seemingly weird angels, did however. So, she shook hands with the Angel, noting that her hand didn't instantly burn off. Good, so the weird rumours of Angels simply melting you on touch was incorrect. She doubted the rumour to be true, or simply an exaggerated telling of a situation, but it was always good to confirm it. She noticed, however, that the Angels hands were soft and warm, unlike her own who everyone always complained about being cold. Okay so she was a Demon who had an afinity for ice, sue her for having a lower body heat! It did, however, give the boys a reason to hold her hands in 'platonic handwarming' or whatever their reasoning was. Once she pulled away, she took a sip of her drink, the sweetness of the vanilla pairing well with almost anything in Alexa's mind, but stopped when Alicia decided to confirm Alexas suspicions.

Okay shit, what does she do now? There wasn't a protocol for being courted, let alone by an Angel of all things! She stopped to stare at the Angel who seemingly went on a rant before trailing off. Good she could cut in then. Ignoring the fact she had no protocol on hwo to navigate this situation, she continued on like normal.

Alexa hummed when Alicia explained how Angel and Demon courting was allowed as long as it wasn't going to bring about an offspring. She Alexa would have to be weary of any friendly male angels it seems. Back to the matter at hand, it truely sounded like the Angel has no ill intentions, which was... reassuring. Although she was curious how the Angel could fight her, but she decided to ask later if there was sitll a conversation happening or if the subject came up again. But now she was almost... stumped. She didn't know the first thing about courting! She only knew what her coworkers talked about, and most of her coworkers were men who were really close with both men and woman. But even then, that was never proper courting! She sighed gently, taking another sip of her drink. She supposed... she could be honest. Well, being bluntly honest was her fortey but she could simply explain she had... no experience in the field.

"I wont say I'm not interested. I'm rather interuiged, since you're the first Angel that didn't try and fail to kill me on sight." She started, trying to find the proper words to explain. "However, I don't have much experience in the ways of courting another, and I don't dare take advice from my coworkers who find their enjoyment in sleeping around and with eachother." She said painly rolling her eyes. "So I'm afraid that if you're looking for someone with experience, you must look somewhere else. Not to mention, I'm hardly worth the notice, and my personality is blunt if you haven't noticed." She added. If this Angel was determined, she may as well know of her faults now to save her the trouble. She took another sip of her drink, face still impassive, refusing to show the minute nerves. If... If this Angel was... truely persistant... That would mean she would be in a courtship, no? No doubt that'll come as a shock to everyone else. She could imagine the confusion before being dragged into some celebratory mess they'd call a party.

She should probably find a manual about how to court someone, maybe when she had some time alone, she should look on the internet. that might be helpful. Wait, did humans even try to court anymore? Or did they have a thing that was different? Ugh, this was getting tedious. She had never thought she'd ever be in a courtship, seeing how most demons find her... too blunt or too dismissive. Why would anyone tie themselves to someone who was as cold as the ice they could summon? "To... answer you, I suppose a 'date' whatever that might be... I can... try it. Although I have no idea what it entails. Is it a courting thing?" Alexa asked, slightly nervous and showing it only frationally, but genuinely curious.

care_less care_less

Alicia couldn't help but to let out a short snort. She was beyond happy that the demon did not shut her down, but it was clear that she has not roamed the Middle Realm for a while. Alicia had thought that this was true the moment she began speaking, but the more she listened to her, the more this seemed to be. Alexa spoke very formally for starters. Of course, Alicia has heard people today speak proper. But there was always a hint of slang or modern words hidden in their sentences. The angel could not pick up any of this from the other. In fact, she has not even heard the word "courtship" or "courting" since she was in her early twenties. Not to mention how traditional Alexa's mindset was. Although it was not popular, having a relationship between a demon and an angel was not unheard of. As long as you were not living under a rock, that is. "When was the last time you've been out of Hell?" Alicia asked with a giggle. "I'm not trying to be rude! It's just..."

Snap! Alicia had dug herself into a social hole again! She was not intending to make fun of the other! It was a genuine question. If it has been a while since Alexa has been around modern civilization, Alicia would be more than happy to catch her up. The angel had a bad habit of speaking without fully thinking of what she was saying. So her lack of filter has often got the woman in trouble. "When was the last time you've gone out with someone?" she asked, hoping that she was able to reset the conversation. "Courtin' usually implies being engaged, or set up with someone for life. Or at least, your partner's life." She took another sip of her drink as she tried thinking of a better way to explain the process of dating. "I'm going to assume you're around the same age as me. Back when I was young, you were set up with someone until the other dies. You never got to experience what you really like, or who's your type. Courtin' is very...limited, I suppose. Datin' however, is SO much better. Usually two people who like each other go on a romantic activity together to see if they want to be in a relationship. There isn't a definite commitment, if that makes sense. Courtin' implies that you marry that person, but when you date you can drop that person if it isn't working out! It's just a big 'ol experiment!"

Hearing herself back, Alicia gave out a sigh of defeat. She wasn't sure if anything she said even made sense. How did her mission partner make explaining sound like such an easy thing to do? "I'm sorry, I'm not good with words sometimes," Alicia says with a nervous laugh. "Look, I'll take you somewhere. Anywhere you want. Dating is something you have to experience in order to understand." She was a bit glad that Alexa does not have much background on this subject, or else she would've looked more ridiculous than she already did.

Alicia looked over the other for a second. She was trying to look for a phone, but momentarily was distracted by Alexa's appearance. Her hair looked soft and flowy. Would it have been weird to think that she smelled good? Probably, so Alicia pushed away the thought. "You seem to only have a laptop..." she murmured. "Well, you can choose a time and day for when you're ready. Just summon me and I'll be there. You...you know how to summon me, right?" Alicia asked with another nervous laugh. Sure she has probably roamed the Earth (or at the very least, Hell) for a while, but it wasn't common for demons to summon an angel. It was a very easy thing to forget, after al.

Alexa listened intently, out of curiosity of new information. This was... certainly new indeed. It seems she did have a lot to catch up on. "The last time I had to come out to scout and gain information was about... 20 to 30 years ago now I believe? But even then I wasn't able to stay too long, let alone enough time to talk to people and gain any sort of understanding on relationships. I'm... Very busy, I'm often kept in Hell to manage my coworkers as I'm the only one who can seem to control them, so I don't get the time to come out for leisure. The only reason I'm out now is because of work, but I have a long deadline because everyone is aware that I'm the only one who is willing to come here, we're rather behind. Thankfully, theres a new recruit who can handle everyone and keep everyone on task, so I don't have to worry about going back to a mess." Alexa explained, making sure to keep out important parts.

"To answer your other question, I have... never gone out with anyone. I've never been interested in others when they're presented, and I'm often too busy to even think about courting. However, this 'Dating' sounds... convenient." She hummed in thought, making a note on her page to explore dating. "Is love required for dating? If not, then its an experiment I believe I might be able to take part in. But I believe I understand the concept. Date to see if the one you like is... compatable... and when you're sure, you court them, and if they're not, you stop dating, Correct?" She asked. She was fairly certain she understood the concept, and said idea actually made life easier. It meant that thw two idiot coworkers of hers could stop pining after each other. they could 'date'. Alexa had to admit, dating opened a lot more options... especially if it let you practically pick and choose.

Alexa looked ath Alica at the offer. It wouldn't be such a bad Idea to experience a 'date'. Was there a place they they should go to? This would be for work but she doubted it'd be a good idea to do actual work. Alicia seemed to continue anyway, asking for Alexa to summon her. Alexa cocked her head to the side, a raised eyebrow. "Wouldn't it be a better idea to use a phone? Although I am unable to get a proper service in hell, something that is hopefully subject to change, I wont be going to Hell for a few months. If we exchange numbers, I would be able to text you." She suggesed, taking out a phone from her pocket. it looked new, but cheap. But in Alixa's defence, she was expecting then to get everything in order in Hell, so this was so she didn't have to take a trip later.

"As for summoning you, no. Demons don't often need to summon Angels, so I'm afraid I've never needed to learn." She shrugged. She wasn't wrong, no demon she knew summoned Angels, let alone actually summoning them. "Also, it is a yes to that date. But I'm afraid I have no idea where we could go. You are the expert on the matter concerning dates between the two of us, so I think it'll be best if I let you choose." Alexa smiled slightly.

care_less care_less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back