// When the sun doesn't shine as bright

chamomile

frond-shaped
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

d1e707791943e03460ef9bb7518763bb.jpg

outfit. xx | mood. mildly annoyed/hopeless

"beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity."  - unknown

embed.php

After her very brief interaction with Aivree, there was nothing more she wanted than ending the night with a nice shower and a soft bed. Madeleine returned back to her dorm alongside the other blonde babe, Vivienne. Oddly, she was dead quiet during the slow journey. The silence she produced was... uncommonly eerie, alongside the intense gaze of interest she had on the floors compared to anything else.

Did someone talk to her? She couldn't tell. Her thoughts was scattered in different directions. But the topic deserving most concern was her sour mood due to a certain male with questionable intentions and a mandatory date with her

It was rare to catch Madeleine like this, hating on someone or something so strongly. And she was angry that she was negative. She was angry that these feelings are the cause of conflicts. They are feelings that could hurt someone of bring them down.  Nothing, and she means nothing, beneficial comes along with being this way.

That's why she was never that kind of person. No, she was the happy one and she will have it stay that way. 

[SIZE= 12px]The shower seemed to ease her nerves and refresh her mind with something less stressful. Say, the scent of her skin as she slipped into her simple night wear. As soon as everyone else settles in, and her roommate was with her, Maddie had the laptop with her sitting on the bed. Her eyes darts around, reading in rushed manner but fully silent. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Emails of teacher notes, pen pal messages, music blogs subscriptions- she paused. There it was, the email on the subject of 'Date Plans' sent by none other than the devil himself-- Justin McAdams.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]You're exaggerating, one voice said. Another responded in a firm, shut up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She opens it then audibly groans out her frustration, shoulders slumped and a frown interlaced itself on her countenance. Maddie stopped midway, and glanced above the horizon of her laptop where her roommate sat, doing presumably roommate things.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Maddie moves her device aside and leaned backwards, supported by her arms. She was tempted to ask the question. She can't just ignore the feelings right? But it was crass and something she wouldn't talk about. She bit her bottom lip and quickly decided.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Hey Viv," she began, "I'm sorry if this is direct, but uh, do you think Justin's a dickhead?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She stopped, then took a deep breath. "I've just been- I mean- I need to talk to somebody about this. I haven't even met the guy and I'm already hatin' him. You know what I mean?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I don't want to hate him and I don't want to go on the date. I don't know how to handle this!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]In a fit of hopelessness and inability to handle her own exasperation, Maddie collapses herself on her sheets. "Help me. He sent me an email."[/SIZE]

tags // @Aster 

location // AASAD to Their Room

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Maddie,

First of all, I want to say sorry about the auction. What I did was stupid, I got greedy and it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings. I genuinely want to apologise for any conflict that could come between us due to my actions. I've been in love with you for so long. You were truly the star of the show, you were beautiful.

So, to make it up to you, I hope you would agree to go on our date. I want to redeem myself and I wouldn't want to unwillingly bring you somewhere you don't want to be.

I'm busy this week but I would hopefully be free next Saturday. I'll arrange the permissions and the transportation. I want to take you to one of my favourite places in London. It's a small restaurant not far from here. If you agree, I'll pick you up around twelve.

I'm looking forward to spending time with you, Maddie.

Thanks, Justin

Last edited:
tumblr_n7641iTvFw1qlzdu1o5_250.gif

[SIZE= 12px]V[/SIZE]ivienne Lily Andrews; fauteur de troubles

There were a list of things which blew up after the auction was over. First was the sound system; technical malfunction which Janet had unnecessarily stressed over. As a volunteer for the event and one of the few who was still present in the room, Vivienne had offered to help out. Bad idea.

Being one who was usually on the stage instead of behind, the blonde had little knowledge on what to do and may have accidentally made things worse with her curious tweaks. Luckily, by the time the sound system began screeching, someone with more technical experience had came over to help.

Two. Her mother; which was considerably rare given the fact that Vivienne's parents knew better than to call her during the school term. Whether it was due to stress or maybe just a general bad day, Vivienne's mother had prodded out the well-hidden guilt in the blonde, reminding her that time was precious and time was money and... well, the rest was droned out. Her mother had been generally supportive of the babe's aspirations only out of the duty of being a 'good' parent, but practicality often tempted her to sway sides. While her words carried a truth which stung, Vivienne remained obstinate. She had heard this lecture countless times from her father and had learned how to deal with it. Dealing with it didn't mean she liked it however, and the phone call greatly dampened her spirits.

With the third thing to "blow up" being her phone, the blonde decided she could at least handle the wave of oncoming messages and notifications from various social medias. She laid on her bed, resting on her stomach with thumbs moving furiously over the keypad. Most of the messages had been questions on why she hadn't been in the auction. Disappointments and complaints demanded explanation - which, honestly, the babe didn't think she owed. She justified herself regardless, promising many dates which she did not plan to keep. At one point, she began to copy and paste the same response to multiple people. Being popular was a heavy responsibility; at least to Vivienne it was.

She looked up from her phone when addressed to, raising a brow at the blonde across from her in reply. The answer to the question was so painfully obvious, Vivienne could not help but grin. "Do I think Justin's a dickhead?" she repeated, her accent thick in her words. A finger stretched out to tap her chin while blue optics rolled to the ceiling in pretend deep thought. There was always something cheeky about her responses and gestures.

"Well, considering what he did to you at the auction. Yes. That or he could just be stupid or blind or both," she said, sitting up and criss-crossing her legs. The buzzing on her phone remained disregarded; her roommate's dismay was a far more important matter. "If you don't want to go, you really shouldn't," Vivienne added, sighing as she got up and sat herself besides the taller blonde. "You could always set him up or hm, maybe invite a friend along? They never specified what kind of date you had to go on. It could be a group date or maybe a double date?"

Vivienne patted the distressed blonde and shared a sympathetic smile. "Really now? Let's see what he said." Before Maddie could get a word in, Vivienne had already taken the laptop into her hands, eyes skimming the contents of the email. The cat-like grin on her face betrayed any sympathies which she felt.

"A small restaurant in London, huh? Might be the Ledbury. Or maybe Duck and Waffles. But hm, if he's a cheapskate he'll probably take you to Manna," she murmured, turning to Maddie with a sudden grave expression. "Dump him if he takes you to Trilby's. That place is the worst." The blonde shook her head, rating the apology email a 4/10 aloud. "Someone who's been in love with you for a long time wouldn't bid on another girl the moment she makes herself available. You're lucky Nathan had been there or else..." her words trailed off as her face twisted into something remotely close to disgust and anger. Both Abigail and Madeleine were people Vivienne held dear to heart. The fact that Justin had the nerve to want both made her boil in silent anger.

Interactions: Madeleine @Chamomile

Mentions: Nathan @Kodiak Abigail @shygirl3

d1e707791943e03460ef9bb7518763bb.jpg

outfit. xx | mood. less annoyed

"i hope you feel beautiful today."  - unknown

embed.php

The answer she heard only made her feel worse. The amount of displeasure she experienced was visible as her face squeezed itself, her nose crinkling and eyes tightly shut. 

Madeleine, still tormented, listened as Viv does her job as the romantic advisor of the dorm. The other female was right about many things and there was nobody better she could share this dilemma with. However the decision was manifestly her own. Yes, she only does things if she wants to, but romance is different compared to posing a question like 'do you want to join that cult'. To the blonde, if all things considered, the latter was easier to respond to.

Vivienne continued to give her suggestions on how to handle the situation, none of which she plans to do. The loopholes in the rules were obviously clearer now that her friend mentioned it, but Maddie is not a sneaky person. She's at best a genuine who tries to be straightforward, and at worst, a runner from her problems. 

She sits up straight as Viv's blue irises moved across the sides of the screen, her lips suddenly forming a lopsided smile. Maddie frowned.

What? What?

[SIZE= 12px]Restaurants huh? Viv must've had a lot of dates to know such. Maddie immediately lunges for the yellow sticky notes along with the pencil sitting next, rapidly scribbling down the restaurant's name and additional love master comment.  "I'll uh, keep these in mind then." Maddie was about to walk up to the note heaven that is the wooden door of the cupboard when she flinched back at the intense gaze presented by her roommate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She finally nods. "Yeah... definitely lucky. By the way, thanks Vee."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Afterwards, she replied to his email.[/SIZE]

tags // @Aster 

location // Their Room

tumblr_ncv5pyQSSs1szie1po1_250.gif

[SIZE= 12px]V[/SIZE]ivienne Lily Andrews; fauteur de troubles

"It was my pleasure," Vivienne answered, all teeth and smiles. Though there were still low-key signs of distress on Madeline's countenance, the shorter blonde had a feeling she'd find a way to handle it. Things were usually the case when that sure, thoughtful glint was in Madeline's eye.

Getting back on her feet and crawling back into her bed, Vivienne reminded comfortingly, "If worse comes to worst, you know who to call."

Out of all of the things that had gone wrong that day, she was not going to let this be one of them.

Interactions: Madeleine @Chamomile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back