• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When the Dust Returns OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Another idea- perhaps "exiles" have some kind of distinguishing mark or brand to permanently label them as an outcast. A little dramatic, but I like drama.

Perhaps a branding/burn mark on the hand or face, somewhere nearly impossible to hide?

Ah, sorry for the delay- have been working on grad school applications. I am continuing to work on the character sheet- I am wondering what attributes are crucial to list on each sheet?

Clairikins Clairikins That sounds good to me! :D I do like the mystery of it.

alpestris alpestris Yeah, a marking would be really neat! I mean...not for the exiles, but for us. lol And no worries! Take your time. I'm bouncing between projects so I probably won't be starting on my character until later today. The basics that I mentioned in an early post should be more than enough. Just remember to choose your skill pts and include those that you have 0 or negative pts in.

Alright gang. Race/abilities desrcriptions are mostly done. I’ll prob wrap it up with the final touches tmrw morning.
But are we tryna put the culture and religious beliefs along with the races? Or will that be separate?
Also, if anyone wants to write up the cultures and religions, (I can imagine we can come up with the best material after seeing the race descriptions) then that would be sweet. I can send up the race buzz as soon as I finish em.

First Rose First Rose Thank you! I can't wait to read it. If alpestris alpestris wants, we can go 50/50 on typing up the cultures/religions for each race. I will try to finish up getting setting descriptions typed up, but I'm currently bouncing between writing chores/errands/preparation for tomorrow. :deadopenmouth:

Guuuuuuys! I need help deciding which picture I should use for my character:

a1a895dd4d83afd0f6acdbf68c8bee51.jpge967abe4b0a2fa4745d581735d35b73c.jpg
(Left: would be a Luveine right: would be a Kliona)

Last edited:
Hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend!

I have been working on short descriptions for setting locations. They should be all done by tonight. I still have yet to decide on my character lmao I'm leaning towards the Luveine.

My friend may be joining in on this, but if she opts not too I will seek at a fourth.

OMG I have been MIA; sorry! Been traveling for work, pulling crazy hours.

did we decide against discord, by the way?

I am struggling to find a photo for my character; any sites y’all recommend for art?

Spontaneous fam plans went brr, goodness. Sorry about that.
I’ll send the races description soon, got side tracked.

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts First one most definetly (¬‿¬)

Pinterest has some dope art alpestris alpestris i get most of my refs from there.

alpestris alpestris It's no problem! I've also been inactive for most of the week. And yeah I don't use it, so it'd be more of a hassle to learn how to organize stuff on there. However, if everyone else has a preference for it, I could try to learn.

Yeah, pinterest is good. I also find pictures on Zerochan, but you have to search keywords semi realistic or realistic to get more than anime.

First Rose First Rose , yessss fish boy it is. And no worries! I still haven't finished the setting stuff yet.

I don't have a day off until Wednesday, but I'll try to work on things a little bit here and there. I'm eager to get started sometime during next week if we can swing it!

Yo, end of the semester coming, so I'll be inactive for a few weeks in order to finish strong. I would rather give y'all what I got than just dissappear lol, so here's what I got so far for the race lore.
I am not backing out, I still have a character in mind, and should have it finished by the time I return, that is if I can still keep my spot. I hope y'all are doing well, keep the Rp going! It has great potential! I plan to return soon!

The Klionan People 10+ Klionan People ideas in 2020
"People of Great Trade"

- Usually skin tones range from typical olive to caramel pigment

- Eye shades range from pink, yellow

- Features: Horns [] Pointed Ears

- Abilities: Wealth [] Crafting [] Healing Regeneration

- Due to the fact that the Kliona withhold the vast city of central commerce and trade, Xudao, its mass is very well known for its wealth and merchants. As just about everything comes and goes through them. Though, this kingdom wasn't always so tranquil; once a very barbaric and greedy tribe, they sought everything from others, as they were governed by a tyrannical ruler. However, many of the people eventually took upon themselves to demolish such atrocity, and defeated the King and his Loyalist, as they were tired of the non-stop wars for little gain. Now, the city is-..mostly peaceful, as the kingdom normally clashes between itself, but nonetheless, it prospers within its wide agriculture and commerce.

People of Zsiyen 9 Zsiyen People ideas in 2020
"The Users of Shadows"

- Usually skin tones are commonly dark in color, ranging from dark grey and blue to even black

- Eye colors are usually red, black, grey, or blue

- Features: Pointed ears [] Natural Ruin-like markings across their bodies(Glow in the dark)

- Abilities: Void / Celestial Magic [] Nightvision []

-Upon the highest mountains within the Kliofela, lay the Zsiyen Peaks.

Home to the knowledgeable and spiritual Zsiyens who pride themselves with gaining knowledge of the world around them. As they may settle with simple careers in mining, they are very particular in how they educate themselves, especially their young, as they are always looking to evolve and advance in their tribal wisdom. Their belief in culture and social hierarchy is strong, so much so, that every one person is counted and recognized as a key to the tribe. Every Zsiyen has a part in bettering the tribe, and the tribe alone. Though, apart from their longing for knowledge of the world, they are just as well involved in the aspect of magic. In fact, they are well-known for being masters of a magical practice of Void and Shadows, in which such knowledge is closely guarded and sacred to its people.

The Kishmarians 10+ Kishmarians ideas in 2020
"Dwellers of the Wastes"

- Skin pigment usually ranges from tan to bright yellow or red hot shades.

- Pigment of eyes are usually dark but with bright colored pupils in the center

- Features: Blunt-snout like noses [] pointed ears [] Awkward teeth/fangs

- Abilities: Shapeshifting [] Durability [] Survival Instinct

- Independents of the dangerous and ruthless desert lands; the Kishmarians are a very capable people who live on the thrill of living life with very little. The fact they'd still survive if the rest of the kingdoms fell brings them great pride, and they wouldn't have it any other way. Little is known about these Desert Nomads, only that they are quite mysterious, and usually walk the lands of the desert alone, or in small groups, called Khens. Then of course, there are the myths that go around of their ability to shift parts of their bodies with those of beast. No one knows for sure, as they rarely speak to those outside of their own Khen.

The Luveine 10+ Luveinians ideas in 2020
"Masters of the Sea"

- Shades of skin color typical range from pearl white to dark blue

- Usual eye color is blue, pink, or silver.

- Features: Fins [] Gills [] Spines on back

- Abilities: Breath Underwater [] Speaking to Water Animals [] Enhanced Strength

The elegant sea dwellers are famous for their rumors of ocean treasures and glorious cities underneath the scape of the land.

Atrian People 7 The Atrians ideas in 2020
"Conquerors of the Sky"

- Shades of skin color usually range versatility

-Eyes range from a wide variety.

- Features: Long beautiful wings that come in different colors [] Serrated Nails

- Flight [] High Intelligence [] Resistance to most weather & poisons

The peaceful Atrian people are a very serene tribe.

First Rose First Rose that's okay, I completely understand! We will still have a spot for you when you come back. I can finish up the races. I may elect to start, but we can always plan to add your character in.

Hi guys! Just checking in. I figured we all got busy with life stuff for a bit. How's everything going? Life, activity, and interest wise? I'm still interested in our world, but I'm still sort of in the middle of dealing with some real life struggles. I'll be here, but not extremely active until January.

AYY, christmas break, got my grades in, and got a week to chilll, how y'all doing??
Much happened lately?

Congratulations! Hope it all went well. We haven't done much. I figured we could all regroup when things settled down for everyone.

Do you guys think we should open a new interest check to grab a couple more players? Or we could have the option to double if we want to expand the characters.

At this point, I'm kinda thinking we should finalize our plans for the rp, that way we know if it'll be easer or just more fun to either have doubles, or more players.
Or maybe we just make an interest sheet for npc ppl, whatever we find that's desired.
And thank you! It's been going pretty good yeah! What about you?

I'm totally cool with doubling! I don't get to play females often enough. 😥 And that's great! December has been a bit more a mess for me, but things are finally starting to look up. I go on vacation on the 29th, so I'll be available on mobile for 2 weeks(boyfriend and I are roadtripping). If we can get started before then I should be active enough to post everyday if not more.

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I will be working on and off until the weekend on my character. If we can all try to have characters up by Saturday or Sunday, I would like to start plotting and perhaps even get an intro up! My service is shoddy, but when I have opportunities, I will be on. Let me know if for some reason you won't be able to finish character sheets by then. I will most likely be doubling now, so feel free to do the same and we can plot for all of them as we go.

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I will be working on and off until the weekend on my character. If we can all try to have characters up by Saturday or Sunday, I would like to start plotting and perhaps even get an intro up! My service is shoddy, but when I have opportunities, I will be on. Let me know if for some reason you won't be able to finish character sheets by then. I will most likely be doubling now, so feel free to do the same and we can plot for all of them as we go.
I gotcha, that sounds good, and Happy NEW YEARS!!

So, my vacay brain thought it was Wednesday. I'm still going to aim for Sunday, but it may take me a smidge longer to get characters completed. I'll be working on them during my downtime though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back