• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When the Dust Returns OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hello! I am a total noob to this site and totally didn't see this thread! I will read quickly and catch up!

Great! Just need to organize everything we have. I can type up the plot, First Rose First Rose is working on the race/magic descriptions. Would you be able to write up some tidbits for lore? Then we can make some character profiles.

The only thing is we may need an extra person or two depending on if the others decided not to continue. With our current count we have four main characters. We could also downsize the characters to just 3-4 mains.

Absolutely! Were we thinking the curse is something that is held back by a certain magical item, and once the item is moved/destroyed the curse spreads across the land?

alpestris alpestris Yup! I think we decided on one portal that opens up, and certain sacred artifacts weaken/close it. If it isn't stopped, it will leave the portal open for good. I guess monsters are spreading from the portal. We essentially have to reseal all the bonds.

Are we thinking the Ruins will be where the portals are?

So we are thinking Gods and Goddesses? I'm sure beliefs vary regionally, but the main gist is the same.

alpestris alpestris It can be! Or we can have the one main portal open in the ruins protected by the Zsiyen.

Yeah, we were thinking the main goddess worshipped could have been mortal-turned-goddess, and she gifted the power of the gods to the people.

Okay, I updated the plot on the first post! I figure once I make the roleplay thread, I'll add a section for info on the current arc and summary of where we are at. I'll also add the stat system on that thread for reference.

First Rose First Rose Thank you! I made sure to incorporate all your names. It helped really add to the map!

Also, because it's not super obvious, the white area in the corner is clouds/floating land for the home of the Atria!

Maybe each culture has a relatively different approach to the curse- minutely, just a tiny bit- but all have the same general idea.

Perhaps there is a legend from many years ago that revolves around a similar situation- the curse was released and heroes (or a hero) had to reverse it, and the specific story can help act as a guidebook for some aspects of the adventure? Or the origins of the curse that led to it were lost a bit in translation, but there are stories of how the curse came to be and how it had been stopped in the past.

Think the Legend of Zelda stories- they have legends within the Legend.

Will the curse be demonic? Evil magic? Magical creature?

alpestris alpestris Sounds like a great idea! I think that would also be a great way to enforce that each character is useful for their arc, and the job can't be done without them.

For character sheets:

• Do we want freedom to code/organize how we want, or all use the same template?
  • Do we want reference pictures? Art or real?
  • What should we include besides: name, age, race, personality, skills/stats, abilities, personality, history
I will also work on reference photos and descriptions for the setting.

I like the idea of freedom to create a sheet how we want, (Mobile friendly pls)

I don't have a preference for references from anyone else, but I use art refs.

To be honest, that simple sheet is perfect, I don't really know my character till I write em so. If the sheet is huge needing a bunch of facts, hobbies, temperment, fears,- blood type, etc...Lol, I gaurantee you, half of it will change by-..the third post I make XD

Plus....we can always add to em later

VIGORIOUS CLAPPING

FREAKING BRAVO!!

OH! GIrl! Gave me shivers....OOooohh this is soo exciiitinnggggg

Lol Group effort xd

HMMeeerrr....What we got already, a rogue, a knight, hmm, what about a wizard? Or Barbarian kinda char?

For the lore: Perhaps there were four guardians who came together to seal an ancient evil using magic that was granted by the goddess. As a TLDR version of the legend.

My character is the one who took the fall for the cursed object, yes? Maybe he is really into anthropology, or the equivalent of it, and wants to follow the curse's "fixing" as it did according to legend, and uses the banishment as an excuse to gather the group? I don't want him to be too OP or anything or have too much importance, ya know?

okay, ye I like that. Would those gaurdians have like-..relation to our four mains? As why they'd be destined to unite the land?

I belieevee sooozzz
ooh i gotcha, I like that initiative he has. And yeah, I understand that, tryna not make him all too op
Like, my char's super powerful, but she's reached an emotionally crit point, so like, she can- *possibly* be a one man army, but for the duration of the rp, she has no mental capability to do such. In fact-..She may or may not be a drunk....haven't decided.

First Rose First Rose
We have a rogue and mage for sure. Maybe a play a knight? Or some other kind of tank. lol

alpestris alpestris That sounds good to me! And it's okay to be a bit of the focus since the first arc will be his. It'll be his moment to shine and focus on his development.

Oh, oh, oh! The characters could be reincarnation of the first four guardians?

Yes, like.. the guardians are of a different region, and each represents a different strength they can bring to the team; all the strongest warriors from each region. They'd be parallels for the mains to follow during their quest!

What would Silas's (my character) title be, then- mage? (Again, I'm being slow on the uptake. Oh well. It's late.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back