• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom When Stars Collide II (Star Wars/Star Trek crossover)

The ensign snapped to attention. Looking between the Captain and the trio. Senotho placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder and stepped past him.

“Don’t blame the boy. It was my doing. We want to help you Captain but we are done being treated as prisoners when we mean you no harm and pose no threat to you.”

Torah meanwhile was scanning the bridge, fascinated by the advanced technology he was observing.

"Did you release them ensign?", the captain said, looking at the Ensign, and then, at Senotho. "And how is that your doing?"

Before they could even respond, "Sir. Minister Jaro on screen", Malakhov said, the main screen now displaying a man.

"Keep an eye on them", the captain said. Malakhov nodded, and kept pointing his phaser.

"Minister Jaro.. We've detected a Ferengi cruiser coming our way. The Kareba control this sector, and I don't think the Ferengi should learn what we learned. I recommend you to ask that ship to leave the sector", the captain said, moving himself closer to the screen.

"Yes. I am aware of that captain. We called them here.", Jaro replied, with his usual calm voice.
"EXCUSE ME?"
, the captain said, surprised, and a bit out loud.

Well, as if they needed more confirmation that they weren’t in Coruscant anymore. These faction names meant nothing to any of the three.

Grid had just about enough of being targeted but Senotho calmed him.

“Easy there Commander. I have a plan.”

"The archeological site houses a machine of great power. We are going to claim it as our own. It was found in Kareba territory, after all, not in the Federation, or somewhere else. And, they will be witness of such a claim. Once the Ferengi alliance recognizes our claim, we will begin negotiations of the usage of the device", wow, wasn't it? But the minister had his reasons: That were imense opportunity of trade and discovery, and the Kareba wanted their piece of the pie. "Now, we appreciate the help of the Federation, and we are also willing to share some of our data with you", that was what the Minister said.

The captain just looked at the screen, wordless. What did that Minister said? Politicians are so.....! Yes, there were some anger growing on him. Eventually, he calmed himself down, trying to reason with a... politician. Huh.

"Minister.. This device is dangerous. You should be concentrating in shut it down, not in negotiating its technology. It is beyond us.", he said.

"This technology will make the Kareba a power in the sector, perhaps in the whole quadrant, precisely because it is dangerous and beyond our level of understanding", the Minister explained calmly. "We intend to establish a new market in the research of the device. That will boost scientific discovery, trade, and commerce in the sector. Anything else?".

The captain just looked over, not believing in the size of the magnitude of the stupidity. Better to change the subject before he blows up in his anger with a politician, permanently damaging the relations between the Federation and the Kareba.

"Yes.", the captain replied, "There's something else", he said. Then he looked at Senotho, and motioned him to come forward, and then he looked at Minister. "He'll tell you about a dangerous man you should know about", he said, and then he looked at Senotho, and stepped a bit away. Well, that meant the captain was trusting their story now. Maybe.

Senotho sensed the Captain’s rising anger and he can’t say he blamed him. Such flagrant disregard for the possible ramifications was short sighted thinking. The Prime Minister not considering that this device might hurt his people more than help them. Even well intentioned rash action could lead to disastrous results.

He was himself surprised when the Captain asked him over as a witness. Could they at last be bridging the gap? He certainly hoped so. The Jedi stepped forward into full view. Slightly amazed at the clarity of this clean picture compared to the holograms he was used to communicating with.

“Greetings Prime Minister,” he bowed at the waist. “I am Jedi Master Immanuel Senotho. I understand my title is unfamiliar to you. Worry not. The good Captain and his crew rescued me and my friends amid the aftermath of something terrible on your planet. An enemy of mine named Maul killed several of your own people after he escaped from me. He’s probably still down there somewhere. He is murderous, wrathful, utterly without mercy but also highly cunning. He’s nothing short of a predator. I implore you to arm yourselves and be on the lookout for him. I can provide visual descriptors.”

Oh no no no. The captain told them to speak about Maul... not to introduce themselves. He placed a hand on his face in disapproval as soon as Senotho began to speak about his name and rank. That could only end up badly. And it did, shortly after Senotho finished the small speech.

"Captain. I was informed the device connects two distant regions in an instantaneous link. Did they come from the other side? Need I remind you the site is located within Kareba jurisdiction? You will transfer these people to us, for interrogation", the Minister said, almost as if he completely ignored everything that was said about Maul.

"I am sorry, but the Federation didn't recognize the claims yet, and until them, they'll stay here. We will though, transfer your people back to you A.S.A.P.", the captain replied, almost immediately after, and moving a step closer to the screen.

“We’ve been interrogated enough!” Grid yelled and pointed at the screen.

“Grid! Lock it up!” Senotho commanded. Even though the Trooper had learned to trust the Jedi the hard way, there still was a bit of doubt he still held from when the two first met. He turned from the Jedi and punch the bulkhead of the bridge in frustration.

Senotho nodded to the Captain in gratitude.

Last edited:
The captain just gave a glance as Grid punched the bulkhead, but his attention were soon back on the screen.

"Captain. We still want them. We are considering sending an expedition to the other side. And it would be good to know their military capabilities, knowledge, and if they are a threat or not.", Minister Jaro them said, voice calm as usual, face serious as always.

The captain himself couldn't believe what he was hearing.
"Minister.. I'd advise against it, but I won't even try. Why don't we postpone that talk when we had the other fugitive from the other side? He killed several of your archeological team. Your people is at risk", the captain suggested, and hoped that the Minister would agree. If not, the captain would be the one to terminate contact.

The Minister seemed to think about it for a while.
"Very well. We'll reinforce our security. You can try to track him too, but, you shall not make an arrest or capture attempt. We will.", and after that, the Minister interrupted contact. The screen was now showing the planet they were orbiting on, and, a few stars of course.

The captain sighed, frustrated. He was NOT a diplomat, and yet, Star Fleet loved to give him diplomatic missions. All he had, was self control. A lot of it. He then looked at Senotho.
By the way, the whole time, Malakhov had his weapon aimed at Grid.

And Grid was all too aware of it. It was barely enough to keep him from taking that weapon and training it on Malakhov.

“They have no idea what they’re getting themselves into,” Senotho said.

Malakhov was aware that Grid was aware. Perhaps Malakhov was even liking the fact he was annoying Grid.

"How do we track this Maul?", the captain asked, looking at Senotho.

Senotho held his chin while holding his bent elbow in his other hand. A thinking pose. He snapped his fingers.

“His lightsaber! You made a near perfect replica of mine. Surely you have something that can capture the energy at its core. Each lightsaber is unique but a Sith’s tend to be more common to one another. Namely they’re steeped in the Dark Side. If my lightsaber is a match in a cave, his would be a flare.”

Last edited:
The captain then hit his insignia. "Nicolas. I want you in the bridge. Now.", he said, looking at nowhere.
"Aye captain"
, a voice replied, male one.

The captain then looked at Senotho once more.
"And tell me, why they have no idea where they are getting themselves into? Seems to me to capture a guy with a funny sword is easy. Very easy. It is a close range weapon, after all", he reasoned, and, it made sense. He could understand how a team of scientists were caught unprepared, but Maul was no match for a security force.

To Senotho's mind, such supposed limitations were not something he even conceived. He didn't look at the Captain as he spoke, he looked out on the planet where he still felt Maul's presence, however faint.
"Captain, I don't know what it's like on your side of this . . . bridge, but ours is a Galaxy at war. Where one conflict ended, another began. Of my decades, I've known only two of peace." He turned and nodded to Grid. "He's never known peace at all." Which might strike one as odd because despite being of two different species, they both appeared to be around the same age. Grid even seemed to be a little older. Senotho turned to the Captain. "Yet even amidst our galaxy of war, Darth Maul is one of the most dangerous men alive. In his hands, a lightsaber is deadlier than any blaster. His speed and ferocity make any distance moot. If there's to be any hope of apprehending him, it has to be done by me."

Meanwhile . . .

In one of Kareba's cities, within a day's walking distance of the archaeological dig site, Jigunta crouched low at a console. He scratched his head. The interface wasn't hard to understand but he had no idea what commands to follow. A dead kareba native was sprawled on the ground. This time it was Jigunta himself who murdered. The woman died when Jigunta kicked her hard enough into her own workstation.

"What is taking you?" Maul said, hovering behind the dug.

"Look, I'm not a slicer okay? I'm a pilot. I'm doin' my best here."

"Maybe I should just dispose of you and get someone else to do it then." Maul said, hovering behind the smuggler. Jigunta worked double time and at last brought up a map on the (now slightly cracked) screen. Neither of them recognized where they were so they zoomed out and out until they discovered the truth that they were in a whole new galaxy.

"No. No, no, no, no. Man!" Jigunta held his head in his feet. "This was just supposed to be one job man. One simple job!" Maul, however, had a very different reaction. He started to laugh. It started as a slight chuckle, but then rose to an unnatural chortle. "Uhhhh can you go back to threatening me? That wasn't as scary." Maul turned and strode to the dug, causing him to stumble backward on to the console board.

"Do you not realize what this means?" Maul looked into Jigunta's eyes with his own manic gaze but Jigunta just shook his head in terror. He then turned his attention back to the Galaxy map. "Soooo many possibilities. Get up." Maul commanded. "Let's see what we can find out about this new galaxy. Starting with . . . the Federation."

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Mr Maul, the Kareba's computer and library archives had limited insight of the real Federation. Needless to say, they were not accessing a Federation database. Yes, it had a galactic map, it had some history, the name of the star systems, but most of the actual info of each planet was unknown. Maybe that would change when the Kareba homeworld becomes part of the Federation, but not yet. Furthermore, they would soon notice how the Federation was vast, and even then, too small as compared to the overwhelming size of the entire galaxy. Perhaps the map even showed the biggest of the known territories in the galaxy: The Borg, far away in the delta quadrant.

A little bit closer, close or within Federation boarders, there were several empires and races: the cardassians, the romulans, the klingons, the ferengi, the sheliak, the breen, the vulcans, and many others. Territories far away, in contrast, could be counted by finger: The Borg, the Dominion, and very little information (almost nothing) of a group called the Hirogen. Yep, only three.

Meanwhile, in the bridge.................................

While Senotho was still looking at the screen, Nicolas arrived: that was the ship's chief engineer. Upon entering the bridge, he didn't say a single word. Except... when Senotho opened his mouth to speak.

"You mean your WHOLE galaxy is at war, and still, you communicate using amplitude modulated EM?", that was funny. A war in galaxy using 20th century communication technology. Are they supposed to have really good warp engines? That seemed so unlikely. Maybe Galaxy was just the name of their homeworld planet, and that would make much more sense.

Besides, what Senotho said afterwards was not odd. In the universe, there were widely known species with a far longer lifespan. In fact, one of them were part of the crew of that ship.

What did Senotho just say? A lightsaber is deadlier than any blaster? "And what is a blaster?", that was Mr Malakhov. As the tactical officer, he knew all about weapons. He then crossed his arms, saying, "A type of baston, I presume?", and yes, that sounded like mocking. By all means, he was not convinced a lightsaber was so much dangerous: it was a short range weapon.

The captain looked at Malakhov with a disapproving face, not really agreeing with the mockery, but, all three questions, from Malakhov and Nicolas, were valid and made sense, and thus, the captain looked at Senotho, waiting the answer.

"My weapon what you lot stole from me is a blaster cannon. I want that back, by the way!" He pointed at both the security officer and the captain. Senotho had given up trying to quell Grid, anymore and the clone would explode. He needed to let off some steam. Even with Malakhov's derision, at least he was merely settled on mocking them and not pointing his weapon at either.

"Short range, communications. With encryption as necessary. We have other devices for long range talks. The state of our galaxy is not presently important though. What is, is tracking down Maul before he hurts anyone." Senotho nodded to the screen viewing the planet below.

"We'll track this.. Maul, and capture him. Someone was responsible of killing all these people, after all. Nicolas?", the captain began to issue these orders, shortly after Senotho said these things.

"Our guest was right about one thing captain", he said, while motioning to Senotho, "The sword, or.. the lightsaber like he called.. it is much more powerful than a... blaster", Nicolas began his explanation, using the terminology that Senotho and Grid used to call these weapons. "You see, at least in the context of raw watts. Unlike the blaster, we've discovered serious power generation in the sword which we yet do not fully understand how it works", he let out a pause, for everyone to to process the information. The chief engineer, unlike the science officer, was calmer, and didn't speak as fast as the science officer. "Of course, we can work that to our advantage: greater power generation means it will be easier to track. I believe configuring the ship's sensors we can narrow our search. Also, I can configure the tricorder and the shuttle's sensors to seek for that power signature. Then it would be a matter of a shuttle sweep and and away team", he explained.

"Good!", the captain wasn't even allowed to joy with the good news. There were always a catch.

"There's only one small problem.", Nicolas continued.

The captain then sighed, and looked at him.

"The power source is only active when the sword itself is active. We need to wait for the fugitive to turn on his sword", he explained.

Great. Just, great. That was what the captain was thinking. He then looked at Senotho, then at Grid, then at the bridge in general, while he was pondering what to do. "Get it done", the captain replied. That was quick. But, what other choice did they have?

Senotho, after a short pause, spoke again. "Maybe, if I may Captain. Maybe if Grid and myself were allowed down on the planet to track Maul ourselves, with your assistance in case he does chose to activate his lightsaber, we could find him faster. Knowing Maul, he'd first try to secure transportation off the planet. That has to narrow the search."

"Number one!", the captain called out. Someone on the bridge quickly turned to his feet. (He was sat down). In the mean time, Nicolas went to the turbolift, removing himself from the bridge, to work in the sensors modification.

"When I am long gone from the bridge, you will contact our good minister, and ask for authorization to close all spaceports. Tell them whoever killed his scientific team is very dangerous and wants to get out. If he denies, just ask for him to grant us authority to stop and search incoming and outcoming ships in the Kareba system", the captain explained.

The 'number one', didn't even had the chance to say 'aye captain' because, the captain turned to Senotho and began speaking again. "And, we are going with you!"

Senotho, to counter the Captain's sharp orders, simply answered. "I'd have it no other way, Captain. Although I must insist, we do need our tools back." He nodded to Grid.

"Captain this is a bad idea! I strongly recommend against it", Malakhov immediately said this after Senotho asked for their weapons back.
The captain was left thinking, pondering what to do.

"Captain. We'll be of much more use to you armed and ready to engage Maul than merely pointing you in a direction. Something that your crew just pointed out to you, if you don't need us for, Maul's already seconds away from killing again."

The captain seemed to agree both with Senotho, and with Malakhov.
"Fine. We'll give you our riffles", he said, making a decision.
"Now let's move", he said, already walking towards the turbolift.

Senotho and Grid looked at each other. Grid rolled his eyes and Senotho let out a deep sigh. They followed the Captain into the turbolift. "Is there any particular reason you don't wish to return our particular weapons to us Captain? Surely if you trust us enough to be armed then there's no harm in returning what you've confiscated when you assumed us of murder may I remind you," Senotho said as they descended.

"From what I've been told, your weapons are deadly. Ours are not", it certainly made sense.
"Hangar bay!", the computer soon acknowledged, its doors closed, and began to move. Of course, it didn't seem to be moving due to inertial dampeners inside the turbolift.
"Besides, I want no kills", especially should Senotho turn their weapons against the captain for some reason. The captain didn't trust them entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back