• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy When Darkness Wins, What Then?

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
When Darkness Wins, What Then?

***​

A few years ago, another generic dark lord appeared on the power stage. Everyone took him for granted, after all, what could a single warrior of darkness possibly do when thousands of others before him fell to teams of plucky adventurers? A lot, apparently.

The bloke calls himself Caecillius Morelli, but he also affectionately answers to 'Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All,' 'Sir Dark Lord,' 'Witch-Knight,' 'O, Dark Overlord!' and simply 'Lord Morelli.'

As I said, everyone took him for granted at first. But when he arrived in the capital city; Pendragon, with only ten men, fought his way past the entire royal legion, took the king hostage, released him in exchange for being worshipped as a deity, and then used his newfound status as the God of Evil to slay several other gods of the pantheon, people started to take him seriously. Trust me, you start taking anyone seriously when he causes the corpses of gods and goddesses to fall from the sky and hit the planet like meteors, then orders you to harvest said corpses for magical resources.

Obviously, the king became his puppet "ruler" but everyone knows who's in charge; the king only does the boring paperwork. And soon, the rest of the world knelt as well, as did the realms of the gods that he killed. There exists resistance, of course; some demon lords, stronger deities, and even seemingly subjugated kingdoms resist his rule, but the action is bigger than the reaction in this case.

Two years have passed since Caecillius Morelli enstated his regime.

Where did Morelli come from? What is his ultimate goal? Why is it his ultimate goal? Can he be destroyed anymore now that he is transcendent? Most realms have fallen at this point; the darkness has won, so what now? Should anyone fight him, it will no longer be a war or attack; it will be a resistance, not even worthy of being called a rebellion or revolution.

This is where our story begins, for every dark lord needs his chosen one.

Who are the spunky heroes? Let's find out.

The story begins in the Underdark market; Bleakpost. A year ago, it was a drow city, but since then, they have been driven back if not exterminated by Morelli's forces for refusing to submit. It is unknown where either Morelli's soldiers or the drow went, but since then, a major resistance cell has flourished in this perfect, unused military base only kilometers away from the capital. Here, mercenaries, merchants, rebels, travelers, common folk, and adventurers spend their days plotting intrigue to defeat the God of Evil.

***​

Rules:
  1. I am always right.
  2. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. It goes without saying that standard RPN rules apply.
  4. Charactermaking-specific Rules:
    1. No overpowered characters. Whether a character is overpowered or not falls to my judgment. In very rare cases, I will be willing to overlook this rule but to ensure players don't abuse this, I won't state the exact requirements. If you aren't sure, send me the CS draft and I will be the judge of how to proceed.
    2. Don't just make someone on the go. Think through their life; what do they want to achieve; their ambitions? How do said ambitions tie into the plot; which is fighting Lord Morelli's reign of terror?
    3. You are allowed to make homebrew races, but don't abuse this. I don't want to see 11 variants of pseudo-kitsune-mega-spirits running around. If it is a species that exists and you're not sure about them, check the D&D Wikia and use the material written there. In case of any more doubts, come to me.
    4. You are allowed to make anything from outsiders, to aliens, to gods (remember rule 1 though,) to demons, to fuckdamn nekojin; after all, Morelli is a threat to everything that doesn't want to accept him. Just make sure your character is interesting and we won't have any issues in this department.
  5. You can join the dark lord if you want. Just let me know you're making a character on his side beforehand.
  6. Chainsaw cannons are absolutely disallowed in any shape or form. Trust me, it's for the greater good.
  7. Have fun!

Swire Swire Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Invite anyone else who might be in.

Last edited:
Haha, the scripts of birdsie do not lie! The foretold rp has arrived! I can only bow my head and respond....I’m in

Pretty interesting... though my creativity is a little out, will there be a min posting limit when rp starts?
CS templates?
other things?

Sounds pretty dope, I want to join. Also, it’s pretty cool how the Dark Lord himself charged through enemy territory with only 10 men, that’s commitment and determination to the job. He’s not those other Dark Lords who just sit there, slowly building up their forces, then also happens to have a big glaring weakness that allows the heroes to defeat the Dark Lord and save the world. Lord Morelli though, he has the drive to do what needs to be done, and look at that, he actually won! Lord Morelli really is a good role model for those of the evil alignment.

Sounds pretty dope, I want to join. Also, it’s pretty cool how the Dark Lord himself charged through enemy territory with only 10 men, that’s commitment and determination to the job. He’s not those other Dark Lords who just sit there, slowly building up their forces, then also happens to have a big glaring weakness that allows the heroes to defeat the Dark Lord and save the world. Lord Morelli though, he has the drive to do what needs to be done, and look at that, he actually won! Lord Morelli really is a good role model for those of the evil alignment.
Not sure how worried about this I should be.

I'm interested if there's a spot for one more (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back