Advice/Help When a lot of people view your RP, but don't join?

no they will. I had a post deleted for posting a discord link xD
What are you on about?

My community's ooc links were all discord and given to people. I didn't get hammered or anything when sent by pms, and the guy that publicly posted a link once didn't get it either. Why are you a special case then?

Also
JackKetch JackKetch can't join discord on this device, and the app isn't on the store anymore as far as I can tell. Sorry m8.

IT's alright, but I think I'm having problem with the link. It's not doing like that special preview thing that the previous link did.

What are you on about?

My community's ooc links were all discord and given to people. I didn't get hammered or anything when sent by pms, and the guy that publicly posted a link once didn't get it either. Why are you a special case then?

Also
JackKetch JackKetch can't join discord on this device, and the app isn't on the store anymore as far as I can tell. Sorry m8.
Exactly as it was said. I once posted my own discord for an rp where I was trying to have a discord ooc. It got deleted.

"Das ist boshit"

On a more serious note, if they just outright do that now, why bother even having offsite guidelines for this stuff? If it is just going to get deleted then there is no point having them besides for people that can tell a mod that another user did something to em elsewhere. Even then it's semi useless if such parasites have even a quarter of a brain. This mainly due to those types having different names, gets rid of evidence before it's gotten, and acts like a different person on every platform. Therefore the offender can get away with it.

It's just really bizarre if that is indeed the case.

Also it failed to quote. Sorry. still watching fma still watching fma

"Das ist boshit"

On a more serious note, if they just outright do that now, why bother even having offsite guidelines for this stuff? If it is just going to get deleted then there is no point having them besides for people that can tell a mod that another user did something to em elsewhere. Even then it's semi useless if such parasites have even a quarter of a brain. This mainly due to those types having different names, gets rid of evidence before it's gotten, and acts like a different person on every platform. Therefore the offender can get away with it.

It's just really bizarre if that is indeed the case.

Also it failed to quote. Sorry. still watching fma still watching fma
nah, they did that because I posted it in my interest check thread lol. I guess there's a difference even if the entire writing part of the rp is on this site.

Just here to remind y'all to stay on topic. But just for clarification for the discord, as long as the links are provided within the offsite area (or in PMs) you're good to go. You can also post a discord link in your OOC thread but only if it's for OOC purposes.

Modern problems require modern solutions.
Too bad razorblade morphing powers don't solve this one in particular.

Oh err. Something topicy.
Don't have too strict a story such as like totalitarian GMs that force you to play by their script.
Allowing players to also be the digimon would be cool and could provide a greater story experience.
Have some of the more complicated lore bits in mind when somebody asks, so there is a quick answer.
It is probably safe to assume that you might have to summarize some larger sections of information for the busier or even lazier players.
Paying extremely close attention to the community helps.
Don't have your eyes go two separate derpy directions or become googly eyed.
And oh yeah, don't mindlessly gib people on a whim, and give them chances. And if you still want to then use dice to determine injury, death, etc.

That's all I got. Thanks for reading totally human 101.

Modern problems require modern solutions.
Too bad razorblade morphing powers don't solve this one in particular.

Oh err. Something topicy.
Don't have too strict a story such as like totalitarian GMs that force you to play by their script.
Allowing players to also be the digimon would be cool and could provide a greater story experience.
Have some of the more complicated lore bits in mind when somebody asks, so there is a quick answer.
It is probably safe to assume that you might have to summarize some larger sections of information for the busier or even lazier players.
Paying extremely close attention to the community helps.
Don't have your eyes go two separate derpy directions or become googly eyed.
And oh yeah, don't mindlessly gib people on a whim, and give them chances. And if you still want to then use dice to determine injury, death, etc.

That's all I got. Thanks for reading totally human 101.

I learned most of that thanks to still watching fma still watching fma and the only reason I'm playing their Digimon is because I don't want them to feel like they are RPing by themselves. I'll update the post to allow those that still want to RP their Digimon themselves to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back