• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

K.O.D

No lights please
45981289-6300-455B-9C63-ADBA3031DAB1.jpeg
The Ancient Nation of Ogden faces a threat unlike any before it. Founded twelve thousand years ago this Kingdom would face the Age of Fire ten thousand years ago when dragons filled the skies and scorched the ground. They persevered and were able to unite the remnants of the neighboring kingdoms who were in ruins and slew nearly all of the dragons forcing them into hiding. They would Nearly be destroyed eight thousand years ago by the Giants March, when an army of one hundred thousand armor clad giants marched from the northern polar region to claim the world as theirs. However once again Ogden was the seat from which the forces of mortals would unite and they would route the giants and drive them back eventually brokering a peace with them centuries later. Six Thousand Years ago they would face the Deep dwellers rising from the surface and yet again Ogden would persevere. Four thousand years ago was the Deadtide when the Massive crypts of the cities opened as a Vampiric Necromancer took command of the death gods domain. However the First born daughter of the true royal bloodline was able to slay the vampire and end that destruction. Two thousand years ago it was the Djinni Invasion where otherworldly entities descended from the heavens in metal sky ships, using their magic Ogden once again emerged from the ashes anew as the mortal races again gathered under the banner of Ogden and struck the Djinni from the skies.

The mortal races had by this point recognized the pattern and named the Cycle the Wheel of Calamity, a wheel which would turn every two thousand years. In anticipation of the coming cycle the Nation would decree that all of its citizens trained well, armed themselves in one way or another, and stockpile what food and supplies they could. As good a plan as this would seem to be it would up being a terrible addition to the coming chaos. As this calamity would come from an evil that drives the sentient minds mad. A god of Madness was born from the souls twisted by the Vampiric Necromancer’s twisting of the afterlife, and this mad god makes his debut within the walls of the great city Ogden. Upon his arrival the City of almost twelve million descended into utter insane bedlam. With The entire population being armed and trained, not to mention a good number of talented mages, the city has become a war zone of violence and bloodshed. With the gates to the city closed by the mysterious mad god the world is none the wiser of the change.

Yet hope has a way of shining it’s brightest in the darkest of hours. An unknown number of individuals find themselves immune to the madness. While the will most certainly struggle to survive, the only way the rest of the world will be ready to strike back against this god is if these few immune survivors manage to either outlast the Maddened, or find a way out of the city to warn the rest of the world. However many have begun to fear that the Turning of the the Wheel of Calamity may this time be the final turn, a concept scholars are calling Spoke theory. Many must wonder if they are correct, perhaps the fate of those immune in Ogden will determine wether or not they are….

(Hey guys this will be a fantasy style Purge/Crazies/Armageddon story where basically you will be playing the role of one of the few who are immune to the effects of what is being called The Madness. You will be trying to survive in a city filled with people suffering from Mass Violent Insanity, these people retain their knowledge, Skills, magical abilities, and intelligence. They just seem to also posses the idea that everyone else around them is some form of evil creature that they must destroy. Only others who are effected by the madness seem to be able to not be viewed as one of these creatures to those who are afflicted, however even this is not fool proof as they will often attack one another. The story itself will be driven by the actions our team takes. Your characters can be badasses sure but this is supposed to be a kinda drama/action/horror set-up So try to avoid things like attempting to wipe out entire mobs and be superheroes as that kinda removes the dire nature of the circumstances, each afflicted is a decent threat and a bunch of them are a really big threat, unlike zombies they will be armed and some might even be more skilled than a common soldier. If all goes according to plan this story can go on to be a series where we as fantasy characters deal with a variety of apocalyptic scenarios. This first volume is basically the test run of the series. If interested let me know here if you don’t mind. I will begin the character sheet, OCC, Lore, And finally the main page when at least three members have joined the group. While I am open to multiple characters per individual in this I am looking for a group of about 3-5 players. Hope you like the idea

Hey K.O.D you coul have said its magic apocalypse kind of deal.
And im in since there is never enough fantasy apo.

Hey K.O.D you coul have said its magic apocalypse kind of deal.
And im in since there is never enough fantasy apo.
Lol sorry I was gonna post a link but it just seemed a bit shameless. You make three so I’m going to start the threads now. I’ll be happy to have you.

Here ya go guys

Here is an incomplete lore section, I still need to finish the timeline then list out some of the important figures both of history and present but nonetheless it will give you an idea of how some things work here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back