Other What's your rp guilty pleasure?

Sugarnaut

a nightmare to you specifically
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A light hearted thread about things you love.
Do you love playing a certain trope?
Do you enjoy a type of roleplay?
Do you gravitate to a specific setting?
What's your roleplay guilty pleasure?

Note: Do NOT bring up nsfw subjects in this thread. We have minors on this site.

Mine is.... I foam at the mouth at angsty roleplays.
The pining? The sloooow burn? I eat it up every time.

Star-crossed romance. Love it and I'm a sucker for any story that includes it.

I love fake MxM relationships that accidentally turn into real ones. Almost too much LOL. Give me all your awkward boys forced to pretend to date and end up liking it

I really like the Hc Svnt Dracones universe - basically, furries in space with a pinch of Lovecraft for flavor. However, the corebook is an absolute mess of rules. Which is why whenever I want to play the game, what I'm really saying is, "Let's take the lore and combine it with literally anything else."

Now, I think I really like sessions where absolutely zero combat happens. I don't know why, but those slice-of-life episodes are just so darn enjoyable. It's where all the lore is, where all the meat is. It makes the world come alive when you aren't killing everything.

Making my characters all dorky sad pathetic little meow meows would be a guilty pleasure if I had even an ounce of shame about it
this is actually so real. there is literally nothing better than just playing a little guy. my favorite characters to play are the most pathetic loser to ever loser or like Literally Just Some Dude in a cast full of hypercompetent characters. it's just the funniest thing ever and it 100% makes the narrative more fun for me because of all the complications that arise from that

Scene setting and immersive descriptors. Violent altercations. Crafting maps and character aesthetics. RPing as unsavory, near-villainous types. Underdog characters. battle-heavy misadventures. Goblins.

Honestly, the more toxic and power-imbalanced the pairing is, the more I'm into it. I adore playing OP villains, obsessive stalkers, and just general assholes against their target/focus. It's so fun being mean, and I love figuring out where each of them draws a line they won't cross. A cannibal who'd never kill a single-parent? A demon who always says please and thank you? A death god that hates war? Not to mention motive, how their power manifests (money, magic, strength?), and whether or not they themselves know they are bad people. So fun!

I also really enjoy my partner's character being the main character while I play various side/support characters... but I'm not really ashamed of it. For example, I'll play 5 princes all trying to win your hand in marriage because you are the heir to a powerful kingdom. Having one "main character" really changes the focus of the RP and the type of stories we can do.

Honestly, the more toxic and power-imbalanced the pairing is, the more I'm into it. I adore playing OP villains, obsessive stalkers, and just general assholes against their target/focus. It's so fun being mean, and I love figuring out where each of them draws a line they won't cross. A cannibal who'd never kill a single-parent? A demon who always says please and thank you? A death god that hates war? Not to mention motive, how their power manifests (money, magic, strength?), and whether or not they themselves know they are bad people. So fun!

I also really enjoy my partner's character being the main character while I play various side/support characters... but I'm not really ashamed of it. For example, I'll play 5 princes all trying to win your hand in marriage because you are the heir to a powerful kingdom. Having one "main character" really changes the focus of the RP and the type of stories we can do.
Then you should hit me up because obsessive stalker or five princes after my princess would fit SOLIDLY in my guilty pleasures LOL.

While I love playing my more positive protagonist energy ocs, I also love to play villains. The characters that everyone hates for half the series? I love them for the whole series.
Maybe I just enjoy roleplaying assholes kkkkkk

I’ve always loved forbidden romances: Romeo and Juliet type beat.

While I enjoy writing the soft and sweet girl next door type characters for certain plots, I also enjoy writing the complete opposite - the rebellious cold hearted type

Being pretentious when I notice someone does not read what they should be reading.

Multiple characters, especially in a 1x1, because two characters interacting almost exclusively feels lonely to me.

System games, because I enjoy the random outcomes and how they can play into a narrative.

Not ashamed to admit it:

-Cliches and generally overdone plots/settings
-Loving Slice of Life

I am simple minded to some but I don’t mind. I have my fun. :)

Hm... My rp guilty pleasure...
-Slow burn romances (When will they get together?!)
-Having multiple characters at once (Creativeness cannot stay within one character)
-Roleplaying villains or heroes that gone rogue

Fluff. The absolute unadulterated sweet tooth-rotting fluff. Just let the characters hug and be cute in between all the angst lol

Magical or sci-fi high schools. They've popular, I know, but also subject to constant outsider complaint. I say, just don't join them if ya don't want to.

callbacks. if the rp's gone on long enough, the current scene is just right and i'm really, really invested, i'd call back on a detail that happened several replies back. i like having a sense of continuity, and i think it's a funny kind of 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge' i can hand out to my partner/s

if my partner/s and i share a common interest/fandom, i'd put in a sneaky reference to that. could be a bastardization of a fandom character's name and iconic traits used for an npc/mob or outright ripping a location from that fandom. another fun jab and sort of an easter egg i leave for my partner/s to pick up on

and if they do catch either of the above, even better. in the longest running rp i had way back when, stuff like these would always get me a laugh from my partners

oh and also having my characters board the pain train to destination: whumpville, right next to flufftown

In no particular order:

• Angst, struggle, and suffering
  • Good old fashioned violence and fight scenes
  • The recovery after said violence
  • A villain that, given the opportunity, can choose between being better or being worse
  • Unexpected romance between unlikely (on the surface) people
  • Plot twists
  • Magic
  • Slow burns that end well, or fast burns that crash and burn
  • Unexpected humor, so long as it doesn't detract from a serious and important moment
  • Watching the wounded character heal over time
  • Group RPs where every character gets their moment to really shine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back