Other What's your religion?

I wonder if anybody wants to hear my aforementioned religious experience.

It isn't long but it helped make me the man I am today, I think. I remember that this was years ago and I was a pretty little guy, think it might've been a weekend, but the thing I most remember is that I just woke up suddenly in the middle of the night panicking quietly. Like 'shivering and looking around the rooms at mach speeds' level shit.

All in my head, like it was beamed into my brain from an alien spaceship or other higher power, for at least ten minutes, was 'GOD IS REAL', 'GOD IS REAL', 'GOD IS REAL'. I wandered the house silently with that mantra in my head like a basketcase. When I was finally calmed down the last thing I thought on the matter was 'AND IT'S ALL A JOKE', then I went back to bed I think.

Of course this was like so long ago dirt was clean so I don't have many of the deets anymore. Haven't really talked about it until today.

I wonder if anybody wants to hear my aforementioned religious experience.

It isn't long but it helped make me the man I am today, I think. I remember that this was years ago and I was a pretty little guy, think it might've been a weekend, but the thing I most remember is that I just woke up suddenly in the middle of the night panicking quietly. Like 'shivering and looking around the rooms at mach speeds' level shit.

All in my head, like it was beamed into my brain from an alien spaceship or other higher power, for at least ten minutes, was 'GOD IS REAL', 'GOD IS REAL', 'GOD IS REAL'. I wandered the house silently with that mantra in my head like a basketcase. When I was finally calmed down the last thing I thought on the matter was 'AND IT'S ALL A JOKE', then I went back to bed I think.

Of course this was like so long ago dirt was clean so I don't have many of the deets anymore. Haven't really talked about it until today.

What kept you from believing?

What kept you from believing?

Pretty simple; if this really was a message, and taken 'literally', it's 'god is real, and it's all a joke', or, in more specific terms, 'god is real and all you know is a joke.'. From my life experiences, it's a pretty logical assumption, to me.

I mean, who takes 'god is real and it's all a joke' in the sense 'gee I better become a christian'? If it really is 'all a joke', I should just enjoy it for what it is and find humor in it sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one with the dog feces on the ground.

Worshipping clear-cut pagan deities have got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my life, worse than being a Satanist.

I'm going to emphasize what Sunkissed recently posted

Keep this discussion respectful

Now your interpretation I'm interested in.

Why do you think you're god? If you don't think you're omniscient or omnipotent or anything like a god is generally agreed to be, why consider yourself a or the god? Do you think you're a particular part of 'god's debris', if you've heard of that theory?

@Zombocalypse chill, dude.  Let them believe what they want to.  Are they being disrespectful to you?  They are simply stating their beliefs, yet you quickly rush to the pitchforks and knives.

Don't shove your beliefs down someone else's throat.  Have I not made this clear, that this is the wrong way to talk about Christianity?  This kind of attitude leads to ignorance.

This is why I avoid these threads.  There comes a point in which drama starts spewing, which usually results in a lock.

Now your interpretation I'm interested in.

Why do you think you're god? If you don't think you're omniscient or omnipotent or anything like a god is generally agreed to be, why consider yourself a or the god? Do you think you're a particular part of 'god's debris', if you've heard of that theory?

I haven't heard of that theory, would you mind elaborating?

I don't have any concrete facts or examples to prove I am what I say I am. I only have this gut feeling that I go by, these odd reactions i have whenever I step inside a church or the like. My feelings have let me to this conclusion, as going by the idea that I can't possibly be omnipotent or omniscient as I am now, I have no way to prove myself. That's why I akin my belief to a religion, as I also believe there's no feasible way to prove or disprove religion. 

I haven't heard of that theory, would you mind elaborating?

I don't have any concrete facts or examples to prove I am what I say I am. I only have this gut feeling that I go by, these odd reactions i have whenever I step inside a church or the like. My feelings have let me to this conclusion, as going by the idea that I can't possibly be omnipotent or omniscient as I am now, I have no way to prove myself. That's why I akin my belief to a religion, as I also believe there's no feasible way to prove or disprove religion. 

I forgot the creator of the theory, but it's basically a train of thought that goes something like this:

"Let's assume an all-powerful god existed. Let's assume, since we are generally described to be made in a god's image, that it had thoughts similar to us. Since it already knew everything from all points of view, and could do anything it wished, there is only one logical challenge left for such a higher being; self destruction. Ergo, all mass and energy in what we call 'the universe' could simply be the remains or debris of this higher being due to its suicide."

Of course, that's severely bastardized, so search it up and do your own research. Just search 'God's Debris' if you're any interested. I think it makes perfect sense.

Very interesting! So, assuming that theory is true, assuming that all of everything is simply what's left over from God's suicide... What would that make humans? What would that make me? Very, very interesting! I'll have to look this up!

I forgot the creator of the theory, but it's basically a train of thought that goes something like this:

"Let's assume an all-powerful god existed. Let's assume, since we are generally described to be made in a god's image, that it had thoughts similar to us. Since it already knew everything from all points of view, and could do anything it wished, there is only one logical challenge left for such a higher being; self destruction. Ergo, all mass and energy in what we call 'the universe' could simply be the remains or debris of this higher being due to its suicide."

Of course, that's severely bastardized, so search it up and do your own research. Just search 'God's Debris' if you're any interested. I think it makes perfect sense.

Huh, I never thought "God is dead" could be taken so literally. : P

Very interesting! So, assuming that theory is true, assuming that all of everything is simply what's left over from God's suicide... What would that make humans? What would that make me? Very, very interesting! I'll have to look this up!

Well, we could just be particularly aware chunks of this greater being. I personally think it meshes well with your theories; some people (such as yourself) could just be more innately aware or simply suspicious of this original event. It could be a type of 'genetic' or perhaps 'quantum' memory.

Edit: yeah @Saccharine Cyanide it's a pretty interesting concept and is effectively just an alternative take on the basic idea.

Well, we could just be particularly aware chunks of this greater being. I personally think it meshes well with your theories; some people (such as yourself) could just be more innately aware or simply suspicious of this original event. It could be a type of 'genetic' or perhaps 'quantum' memory.

Edit: yeah @Saccharine Cyanide it's a pretty interesting concept and is effectively just an alternative take on the basic idea.

Yeah, that makes sense...

On a somewhat related note, I've often thought about whether it's possible that we live in a simulation, which kind of seems crazy, but a physicist did find what looked like computer code in an equation a while back [link]. That has the sort of same one-ism as what you're describing, @Windsock ; if it were true, we're not really individuals but really the computer that's running the program.

On a somewhat related note, I've often thought about whether it's possible that we live in a simulation, which kind of seems crazy, but a physicist did find what looked like computer code in an equation a while back [link]. That has the sort of same one-ism as what you're describing, @Windsock ; if it were true, we're not really individuals but really the computer that's running the program.

I'll respect that, but I think the simulation theory isn't substantial, or, at least evidence such as that isn't. How we model our universe is, by necessity, technically just abstract no matter how accurate it is. You can make a 1:1 perfectly replicated statue of a person, or even a clone, but it isn't the original person. I personally think someone saying "We found computer code in string theory' is akin to saying "I found paint in the mona lisa". Nonetheless, the simulation theory is fascinating to think about. Of course, it also just raises further questions; it really just moves the problem. It's like 'earth life originated on another planet', well, how did life originate on that other planet? You get what I'm saying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back