TV & Film What's your niche show or film that nobody seems to know about or enjoy?

I can't find anyone else who loves Mike Flanagan's work as much as I do, especially the one-season run of The Haunting of Hill House. It's more of a psychological drama than a horror film, but it's so good. :hearteyes:

100% Hard Candy—psychological thriller indie film where Elliot Page's character (circa 2005) baits and tortures someone she believes is a predator.

I can't find anyone else who loves Mike Flanagan's work as much as I do, especially the one-season run of The Haunting of Hill House. It's more of a psychological drama than a horror film, but it's so good. :hearteyes:
Oooh, I love the stuff by Flanagan I've seen! I've only seen The Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass myself, but I absolutely loved both of them, they're brilliant. I think Midnight Mass is the one that lives rent free in my head more, but Hill House was so incredibly done that I always have a ton of thoughts and feelings whenever my mind goes back to it.

(I need to get around to checking out Bly Manor, at least, before his The Fall of the House of Usher comes out... Maybe some of his movies too!)

SD Gundam (Force or World Heroes).

I lost a 20 year old friendship and almost got physically attacked by a "Gundam Fan" over this.
------

Hot Wheels Acceleracers/World Race

Its a much older series but its so near and dear to my heart

There was a limited series rendition of Alice in Wonderland that I watched when I was younger and have watched countless times since. It’s just called ‘Alice’ and it came out in 2009 and honestly I think it may have changed my life? I was OBSESSED.

it has Kathy bates, Tim Curry and Caterina Scorsone in it so maybe it’s not that unknown but I just stumbled across it completely by accident.

You wanna talk niche? Wanna talk obscure? Gregory Horror Show. Nobody I tried to show it to were interested or found it too weird or dumb. I love this show. I love weird stuff like this a lot but nobody really knows about it anymore.

Alright, I can top you all in obscurity. About, oh, 20 years ago, there was a show on CBS called Threshold. About aliens trying to use some sort of weird mathematical signal to turn humans into more of them. If I remember correctly, it featured a pre-Game Of Thrones Peter Dinklage. Absolutely brilliant, and nobody watched, to the point where it got the axe midway through the first season.

"Make Room for Daddy", a 1950s sitcom I started watching by happenstance and ended up finishing. Same thing with "The Nanny" that used to rerun on Nick@Nite.

Mummies Alive! is one of the shows of all time, and Rath is one of the blorbos of all time. At least to me.

It ran for one season in 1997, and while there are certainly elements of it which have not aged well, and even the parts of it that have are aggressively 90s... I can't help it. This show has so much of my heart and my brain at the moment. It wasn't particularly popular at any point, and basically no one cares about it anymore. But I do. I love literally all the major characters, main kid and heroes and villain and all.

rath.gif

But, let's be real here, especially Rath.

I'll start. 🥰

I love love LOVE Deadly Class, but I've only ever met 2 people who are into this show/comic series. I've actually discovered the show before I found the comics/graphic novel.

Unfortunately the show itself got cancelled in the first season. 😪 So I'm forced to continue reading the graphic novel.

Loved the show, but caught on a little too late. Caught on to Preacher after it started, but just went ahead and bought it and the comics anyway.

Canaan. Now that's an anime I haven't even heard of before stumbling upon it, and the 'fandom' for it is like... barely a handful of fics (mostly on ff.net and a chunk of them written by one person), like one fanartist who stopped drawing years ago and a dead wiki where some pages are clearly filled with self-inserts instead of the actual plot... H e l p

(^^cw fighting, blood, guns, all that shtick)

I don’t know how popular it is, but From is a nice horror show about a strange small town. Dare I say it would even make for a great RP setting?

My niche show/movie would probably be Cybersix and Forbidden Zone.

Last edited:
Daybreakers (2009)
It’s such a good movie, I love it so much. Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, vampire politics/ethics, it’s got it all

Omg yes I feel like it's the only realistic vampire movie out there.
Yes!
the way they built tunnels to accommodate walking in daylight? Engineers would do that irl! Running out of blood? Statistically likely in a vampire-dominant society!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back