Other What's your Myers–Briggs personality type?

INJF-T for me! Last did the test 5 years ago and got the same results so I would say I’m pretty solidly in this category. It’s weirdly accurate too which is fascinating.

As a fellow ENTP I completely agree. Arguing just for the sake/debating and even playing devil's advocate never get exhausting. Actaully the opposite. I'm always hyped yo argue a point. Though I have to be self aware about it. Some people get really upset when your overly argumentative lol. Even though its all in good fun.

Yeah. I don't bother holding back because I generally don't care if someone gets upset. Chances are they're walking into the situation willingly. Far as I'm concerned, you revoke your right to get offended when you enter the arena, so to speak.

It's just my combination of acerbic bluntness and "problematic" views that sets people off, I find.

ENTP. I got ENFP last time I ran the test but ENTP is definitely more like me. Maybe I've just become a bit more considerate of others' feelings over the years which is no bad thing. XD

Sometimes I even exhaust myself with my own ENTPness.

ENTP. I got ENFP last time I ran the test but ENTP is definitely more like me. Maybe I've just become a bit more considerate of others' feelings over the years which is no bad thing. XD

Sometimes I even exhaust myself with my own ENTPness.

I feel you there. I'm also an ENTP but and I feel like I have to make a conscious effort to be more considerate.

Well its more like I have to show that I care, because I always care I'm just not good at expressing it so everyone just assumes that idgaf 😅

I took the test a couple of times but I keep getting different results. I keep getting Intj or Infp

You gotta be really honest with yourself when you take the test. I know it can be tempting to want to put answers that seem like the sorta thing an "ideal" person would put down but that takes away from the result.

Or maybe you're just going through a point of change in your life 🤔

You gotta be really honest with yourself when you take the test. I know it can be tempting to want to put answers that seem like the sorta thing an "ideal" person would put down but that takes away from the result.

Or maybe you're just going through a point of change in your life 🤔
I mean a few answers can change your whole result. Depending on your current circumstances, what you think about as you answer, or different conclusions you reach about yourself as you try to, even being as honest as you can be, you can obtain some pretty different results.

I mean a few answers can change your whole result. Depending on your current circumstances, what you think about as you answer, or different conclusions you reach about yourself as you try to, even being as honest as you can be, you can obtain some pretty different results.

Hello there Mr. Idea Senpai Surpreme!

Yea a few answers can change the result, but think that people whether in a good situation or poor one fundamentally don't change that much. Aside from studies that show that people tend to get more introverted as they grow older.

Oh and then there's puberty 🙃

Hello there Mr. Idea Senpai Surpreme!

Yea a few answers can change the result, but think that people whether in a good situation or poor one fundamentally don't change that much. Aside from studies that show that people tend to get more introverted as they grow older.

Oh and then there's puberty 🙃
Well, I would people don’t change that much fundamentally in such a short period of time. However, self-perception is a very flimsy thing, and when a question can’t really encompass your approach (because answers from real people tend to be a lot more nuanced and less binary than the ones presented by the test), a different set of circumstances. Your mood, understanding certain words better or having seen them in a different context, the kind of media you consume etc... even if you are as honest with yourself as possible, your vision of yourself is always distorted, because it influences what you remember and focus on as you answer the question.

Well, I would people don’t change that much fundamentally in such a short period of time. However, self-perception is a very flimsy thing, and when a question can’t really encompass your approach (because answers from real people tend to be a lot more nuanced and less binary than the ones presented by the test), a different set of circumstances. Your mood, understanding certain words better or having seen them in a different context, the kind of media you consume etc... even if you are as honest with yourself as possible, your vision of yourself is always distorted, because it influences what you remember and focus on as you answer the question.

Intresting 🤔

Btw have you responded the thread yet? What is your MBTI type?

I feel you there. I'm also an ENTP but and I feel like I have to make a conscious effort to be more considerate.

Well its more like I have to show that I care, because I always care I'm just not good at expressing it so everyone just assumes that idgaf 😅

ENTP high five!

OK so here's a theory, based on practically no evidence... but I want to put it out there, lol. When I did a Myers Briggs comparison on a forum with practically no roleplayers, I was the only ENTP out of the whole group... but in RP circles there seems to be more ENTPs floating about. So what I'm thinking is: Because of ENTP's obsession with seeing everything from as many angles as possible, are ENTPs more likely to take up roleplaying, so that they can take on different characters, therefore different viewpoints, to see what happens?

I'm pretty sure part of why I enjoy RPing is that it pushes the same "but what if I look at things this way?" buttons as debating.

ENTP high five!

OK so here's a theory, based on practically no evidence... but I want to put it out there, lol. When I did a Myers Briggs comparison on a forum with practically no roleplayers, I was the only ENTP out of the whole group... but in RP circles there seems to be more ENTPs floating about. So what I'm thinking is: Because of ENTP's obsession with seeing everything from as many angles as possible, are ENTPs more likely to take up roleplaying, so that they can take on different characters, therefore different viewpoints, to see what happens?

I'm pretty sure part of why I enjoy RPing is that it pushes the same "but what if I look at things this way?" buttons as debating.

I don't know I have seen a few ENTP's on this thread, but nothing compared to the Introverted types, especially INxx types.

Intresting 🤔

Btw have you responded the thread yet? What is your MBTI type?

Yes I have XD

1-2) Yes, several times.

It turns out I'm the advocate this time. Seems pretty accurate, then again...

3) It seems every time I take the test I end up with a different result. Like the I-N part is pretty consistent throughout, but I seem to flip flop between the thinking and feeling parts and the judging and prospecting parts, but funnily enough I can see why. My personality mixes traits which would fall more on either side for both of these.

Like the thinking types I tend to priotize logic and reason in my way of talking and processing the world around me. I break things down into their components in my approach to solving problems and in the stances I take. That said, I'd be lying if I didn't say my emotions have a strong component in my daily life, my choices and much of my behavior. My sense of responsability and duty are prime motivatiors for me, as is compassion.

In terms of the jugding and prospecting matters, I have a judge's love for rules and order, as well as their tendency to plan everything, but on the side of the commitment and organization I fail pretty hard. Despite my plans I am a pretty disorganized person and struggling against my own impulses is one of my live's greatest struggles. I have also a prospector's opportunism and love for options, but not their flexibility and distaste for commitment (to clarify on this point, I don't have a distaste for commitment, but I often lack the force of will to go with it).

It's certainly an interesting theory. If I were to add my two cents though, I think there's a flaw there: players tend to like staying within a certain comfort zone. While I wouldn't say there's no shift in perspective entirely I find most like to work with a different body, setting and/or situation and point of view is often one of the more negleted aspects. Character personalities are often based on oneself, a character from media or are hidden are the pretension of their contradictiory actions being a sign of 'complexity', then played out more like sock puppets than people whose beliefs and worldview would affect them on a constant and deep basis. Even in other smaller ways, people tend to shy away from taking on that different perspective: playing a different gender or age group, playing a character whose views they are uncomfortable with in any way, etc..

There's more to say, but I think I've made my point: From my experience at least, while roleplayers do find new angles to look through things at, that seems more incidental, a biproduct of seeking something else from that experience, than a goal in of itself or even intentional means. For the most part anyway. There are certainly plenty of roleplayers who do genuinely push through and enjoy trying these different perspectives for the sake of those very perspectives, in fact I like to think I am one myself. But it wouldn't quite align with the theory you propose due to a disparity of prevalance.
Nonetheless, it is most certainly an interesting idea. Though for the reasons stated I'm skeptical of it having any footing, maybe something, even if not itself, may come from looking into it. Only time will tell.

It's certainly an interesting theory. If I were to add my two cents though, I think there's a flaw there: players tend to like staying within a certain comfort zone. While I wouldn't say there's no shift in perspective entirely I find most like to work with a different body, setting and/or situation and point of view is often one of the more negleted aspects. Character personalities are often based on oneself, a character from media or are hidden are the pretension of their contradictiory actions being a sign of 'complexity', then played out more like sock puppets than people whose beliefs and worldview would affect them on a constant and deep basis. Even in other smaller ways, people tend to shy away from taking on that different perspective: playing a different gender or age group, playing a character whose views they are uncomfortable with in any way, etc..

There's more to say, but I think I've made my point: From my experience at least, while roleplayers do find new angles to look through things at, that seems more incidental, a biproduct of seeking something else from that experience, than a goal in of itself or even intentional means. For the most part anyway. There are certainly plenty of roleplayers who do genuinely push through and enjoy trying these different perspectives for the sake of those very perspectives, in fact I like to think I am one myself. But it wouldn't quite align with the theory you propose due to a disparity of prevalance.
Nonetheless, it is most certainly an interesting idea. Though for the reasons stated I'm skeptical of it having any footing, maybe something, even if not itself, may come from looking into it. Only time will tell.

I genuinely play characters with wildly different views or outlooks or circumstances from my own just to see what happens and how it feels. That is a big part of the fun for me. I'm not saying that ALL RPers do this, obviously, just saying that maybe the ENTP ones are drawn to RP for that reason. It's still only 1/16 of the population or whatever. XD

I genuinely play characters with wildly different views or outlooks or circumstances from my own just to see what happens and how it feels. That is a big part of the fun for me. I'm not saying that ALL RPers do this, obviously, just saying that maybe the ENTP ones are drawn to RP for that reason. It's still only 1/16 of the population or whatever. XD
And my answer was that if indeed the number of ENTP responders is that high, and if we are to take that to be representative as a number of the overall community, then it doesn’t back the theory because the majority don’t seem to have that experience of other perspective as a conscious objective.

And my answer was that if indeed the number of ENTP responders is that high, and if we are to take that to be representative as a number of the overall community, then it doesn’t back the theory because the majority don’t seem to have that experience of other perspective as a conscious objective.

It's still not what I meant, lol. I'm not saying its representative of the overall community but representative of the motives of ENTP people drawn to RPing. But I've run out of explaining juice now...

It's still not what I meant, lol. I'm not saying its representative of the overall community but representative of the motives of ENTP people drawn to RPing. But I've run out of explaining juice now...
source of responses: the overall RPN community
the majority of responses were ENTP

The motives proposed are not seen majorly in the community at large. IF ENTP is as large a part of the community as the responses suggest, and their motives were to fall within what you describe, then you'd expect that a major portion of the community would display those motives. But they don't.

source of responses: the overall RPN community
the majority of responses were ENTP

The motives proposed are not seen majorly in the community at large. IF ENTP is as large a part of the community as the responses suggest, and their motives were to fall within what you describe, then you'd expect that a major portion of the community would display those motives. But they don't.

The majority of responses aren't ENTP. XDDD

All I said was that there seemed to be a higher proportion of ENTPs on RP sites than on non-RP sites. Not that ENTPs make up the majority of people on RP sites.

The majority of responses aren't ENTP. XDDD

All I said was that there seemed to be a higher proportion of ENTPs on RP sites than on non-RP sites. Not that ENTPs make up the majority of people on RP sites.
Ah I see. Well, then I suppose I'll swallow my words. XD

and I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling misunderstandings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back