Other What's your Myers–Briggs personality type?

I got ISFJ-T. A defender. I got it the first time I took the test a few years ago and again today. I still it’s quite fitting for who I am.

The test says I am an INTJ. It is difficult to say this is accurate or not. Without context, it seems accurate. Though the more I read others' descriptions, the more I see myself in others. Generalizations are always easy to make. Especially when they consider situations people have never been in, such as high stress or high reaction speed moments. The brain is infinitely complex. We understand so much about it, yet understand so little. And misinformation among psychology, and all other areas don't help either.

But as far as generalizations go, eh, I think it's OK. I mean, everyone seems to like it. If everyone likes a thing, it's gotta be good, right?

I took the test 3 times. Once as a junior in high school, once a freshman in college and again a week ago each time INTJ-T. I feel like it nailed me for the most part. I remember being stuck in the library in elementary for all of recess, missing lunch and some of my next class. My teach came flying in because she forgot about me completely. She walked me down the hall asking if I wanted a soda or if I was hungry. I was completely content to read my book alone with the distant librarian organizing books for company.

I do agree that the test is a pretty broad generalization in some regards. I'm an introvert yes, but I work a lot around people and do great forming working bonds and what not. I guess the test is a good way to get the baseline of who you are, and your experiences shape a good portion of the rest. I mean INTJ values independence and here I am working part time for the government in admin essentially.

I feel like the personality test gets a lot right, but I feel like these tests are nothing more than a modern tarot reading or horoscope reading. Anyone else feel the same way? I mean the test make you feel special and unique, but the same thing could be said about your horoscopes. I mean everyone tells me people are shaped by experiences and trying to fit over 7 billion people into 16 neat and nice organized personality types seems kinda ambitious to me. Anyways I'm sure there are like minded people on this thread. What's the general consensus is this a valid way to categorize people, or the modern day horoscope readings?

I am an ESTJ-A. This time I got the Executive result, a couple of weeks back it was a Commander. Not sure what is different about this, the type is the same.

While I really do appreciate order and like to plan everything, I would never like to be a leader of anything (work-related or otherwise), I hate managing other people, but I love managing myself. I am stress-resilient and confident, but I don't take any credit for it, I had an easy life without any stress so far.

I don't think it completely got me because apparently, this personality type likes to work a lot and to be a team leader. I am an absolutely lazy person. I like to organise my work, but I also always choose the fastest possible way to deal with something so I can take the rest of the day off. I do agree that I'm extroverted and more thinking than feeling, and stubborn, that at least they had gotten right.

Adventurer
ISFP-T

and I would say somewhat accurate, granted a lot of what is described is vague and like sure applies sometimes . . . I dunno I see myself in some of it and other parts are way off.

ENFJ. I was recently an ENFP, but for some reason it’s changed. It’s pretty even between Judging and Perceiving. Strange huh? What’s weird about me is I’m also Introverted and Extroverted. So sometimes I feel one way, sometimes I feel the other. Usually with people I first meet I’m a little more quieter and less loud but as time goes on I blossom into this big ray of sunshine with good advice and a really good speaking voice. But I’m also really cautious about people. I’m pretty optimistic too, but I have a pessimist deep inside of me that kinda hides and only comes out in my thoughts. I’m a go getter for the most part, a leader and I usually take control of projects. It’s strange, but I kinda like it! 😁

Ah a classic case of the AntiSocial Extravert? Lol.

INTP-T here. It’s a little more like INxP, depending on my mood. But I hardly relate to INFPs aside from their naivety, I am far more an INTP. My emotions have just been really present the last year... sadly.
P...Puberty Maybe 😅

I took the test 3 times. Once as a junior in high school, once a freshman in college and again a week ago each time INTJ-T. I feel like it nailed me for the most part. I remember being stuck in the library in elementary for all of recess, missing lunch and some of my next class. My teach came flying in because she forgot about me completely. She walked me down the hall asking if I wanted a soda or if I was hungry. I was completely content to read my book alone with the distant librarian organizing books for company.

I do agree that the test is a pretty broad generalization in some regards. I'm an introvert yes, but I work a lot around people and do great forming working bonds and what not. I guess the test is a good way to get the baseline of who you are, and your experiences shape a good portion of the rest. I mean INTJ values independence and here I am working part time for the government in admin essentially.

I feel like the personality test gets a lot right, but I feel like these tests are nothing more than a modern tarot reading or horoscope reading. Anyone else feel the same way? I mean the test make you feel special and unique, but the same thing could be said about your horoscopes. I mean everyone tells me people are shaped by experiences and trying to fit over 7 billion people into 16 neat and nice organized personality types seems kinda ambitious to me. Anyways I'm sure there are like minded people on this thread. What's the general consensus is this a valid way to categorize people, or the modern day horoscope readings?

INTJ neat. I really get the xNTx vibes with the rest of the post 😅

Yea I mean you need some level of generalization for these things or else everyone would just end up getting their own categories. I wouldn't compare this to Tarot or Horoscopes because those aren't based on anything. There is no science behind your personality with respect to when you were born. The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator Test, however, has decades of scientific research and theory behind it. There are also several businesses that take this test into consideration when hiring employees. So for me, this test has a lot more backing than Tarot Card readings and Horoscopes. I also don't think it's designed to make you feel special as there Types like ISTJ which make a large percent of the tested population, and others like INTJ (hey that you 😮) which make up a rather small percent of the tested population.

Ah a classic case of the AntiSocial Extravert? Lol.
Yes. Very much so, If I am uncomfortable around someone I first met, a lot of people who I don't really know say I'm quiet, but I thrive off being around my friends. I also have this strange thing where I am kept up at night by thoughts that are literally so random, like "If I fall from a height on the moon will I still die?" Or "Do crabs think fish are flying?" And I will ponder them for the rest of the night. Then, I also get random urges to send people completely irrelevant pictures of things, I once sent everyone in my contact list with a working phone number a picture of an Aunt Jemima's syrup bottle as a social experiment. My thoughts are always incomplete and my ideas are always incomplete, so I never really concluded.. er, anything... out of that social experiment besides that people didn't enjoy being woken up at 3am.. 😅

Yes. Very much so, If I am uncomfortable around someone I first met, a lot of people who I don't really know say I'm quiet, but I thrive off being around my friends. I also have this strange thing where I am kept up at night by thoughts that are literally so random, like "If I fall from a height on the moon will I still die?" Or "Do crabs think fish are flying?" And I will ponder them for the rest of the night. Then, I also get random urges to send people completely irrelevant pictures of things, I once sent everyone in my contact list with a working phone number a picture of an Aunt Jemima's syrup bottle as a social experiment. My thoughts are always incomplete and my ideas are always incomplete, so I never really concluded.. er, anything... out of that social experiment besides that people didn't enjoy being woken up at 3am.. 😅

Oh gosh, I can relate to alot of this 😂

I'm a mix of ENTJ-a and ENTP-a since they're the two answers that mostly crop up when I do the test with the occasional INTP. I feel I'm more on the ENTP-a side and not as ruthless but aside from that both are fairly accurate.

Lol why is this so relatable 😅

ENTP "The Debater". Extremely accurate. Where most people find arguing to be exhausting, I find it energizing. I'll argue just for the fun of it. Argue about games, movies, cars, sports, food, politics (especially politics). I'll play devil's advocate just to keep things going. It's a good time.

ENTP "The Debater". Extremely accurate. Where most people find arguing to be exhausting, I find it energizing. I'll argue just for the fun of it. Argue about games, movies, cars, sports, food, politics (especially politics). I'll play devil's advocate just to keep things going. It's a good time.
As a fellow ENTP I completely agree. Arguing just for the sake/debating and even playing devil's advocate never get exhausting. Actaully the opposite. I'm always hyped yo argue a point. Though I have to be self aware about it. Some people get really upset when your overly argumentative lol. Even though its all in good fun.

INFP, and I think it's extremely accurate. Though, it sometimes makes me feel bad, because I'm such a 'stereotype', and I come across other INFPs who get offended by generalizing posts(not to say we're all alike, of course, not by any means). Like, "we're not all over emotional ADD writers stuck in our own heads!", and I'm like "But, I am...D':"

Mediator
Personality

INFP-A / INFP-T

Really accurate, actually. Apparently only 4% of the population gets this one. And one of my favorite quotes from Tolkien is used as an example. (Because apparently he was one as well.)

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."

I'm reading all the explanations and things that come with the test results and the website seems to understand me better than I understand myself. Like, what? I'm getting explanations for questions I've had about myself for years.

Last edited:
Mediator
Personality

INFP-A / INFP-T

Really accurate, actually. Apparently only 4% of the population gets this one. And one of my favorite quotes from Tolkien is used as an example. (Because apparently he was one as well.)

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."

I'm reading all the explanations and things that come with the test results and the website seems to understand me better than I understand myself. Like, what? I'm getting explanations for questions I've had about myself for years.
Lol I feel the exact same way. Like I never put that much thought into my own habits. But I'm starting to notice things that I do and how they effect others.

Example; I can be kinda apathetic sometimes without even realizing it. I usually try and give logic solutions to emotional issues intend of being emotionally supportive. Just being more self aware about yourself can be really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back