What's your favorite fictional quote?

The Waluigist Priestess

Try Our Hot Wings! MMM! SPICY!!!
Personally, mine is in my signature, but I'll add it here. (making this a game because it might get spammy)

"Sometimes, you can cry until there's nothing wet in you... You can scream and curse to where your throat rebels and ruptures... You can pray, all you want, to whatever God you think will listen. And still, it makes no difference. It goes on with no sign as to when it will release you. And you know that if it ever did relent... It would not be because it cared..."
-Johnny The Homicidal Maniac

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

- J. R. R. Tolkien​

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant - It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

- J. R. R. Tolkien​

My favourite LoTR quote will always be this exchange between Gandalf and Pip:

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

Gandalf, professional quote maker.

Probably this one.

"The closer you get to the light, the larger your shadow becomes."

- Kingdom Hearts​

"How lucky we are, when we're spared what we think we want."

- We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lionel Shriver).

I got something related

BOJACK: Is it terrifying?

HERB: No. I don't think so. It's the way it is, you know? Everything must come to an end, the drip finally stops.

BOJACK: See you on the other side.

HERB: Oh, BoJack, no, there is no other side. This is it.

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard 6."
-Bill Adama, Battlestar Galactica

“Sooner or later it'd get to you. Death was fascinated by humans, and study was never a one-way thing. A man might spend his life peering at the private life of elementary particles and then find he either knew who he was or where he was, but not both.” - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Death is still one of my favourite Discworld characters.

“what a fool you are. i’m a god. how can you kill a god? what a grand and intoxicating innocence. how could you be so naive? there is no escape. no recall or intervention can work in this place. come. lay down your weapons. it is not too late for my mercy.”

—dagoth ur being a chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back