Viewpoint What's your favorite development in a roleplay?

TinyTones

Icon by _Millie_Chan_ on IG!!
Many things develop in roleplays, that's the point of them, but what's your favorite one to watch grow and change? Is it adding things to world building, or having the world change from the actions in the story? Is it how characters grow and evolve as people/whatever they are? Or many the relationships they develop, or even the storyline itself and the intricacies it gains?

My favorite "development" is when a roleplay finishes its storyline.
That was a joke^. To be honest, I've never been part of a group where it reached its final arc (I hope I'm using the correct terminology).
However, if I were, I don't think I'll be able to choose one specifically. I would've liked to watch the most introverted/cowardly characters have their special awakening or even the slow-burning flame of friendship or love interest. I guess it's the progression of how the characters bond together.
I would like to say more, but to be honest I don't have enough experience to say so.

I like watching players change the world through the actions of their characters, and their characters changing in response to their relationships with each other.
As a GM, I also like any opportunity to reincorporate past events to change the context of a narrative beat.

Character Development.
Watching them grow, make mistakes, and actually learn from those mistakes to overall become a better person. There's nothing worse for me than a character without growth.

Gonna second character development.
Seeing them change—for better or worse—the relationships made/lost, the chaos caused, the misunderstandings and the goals achieved or failed is... 👌
Honestly, just watching characters live their lives and seeing where the plot takes them, how it morphs them, is what I love most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back