Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

heavy quotes on that “cringey” there, it’s a loaded term ;-).

we have seen certain interests get mocked relentlessly by the internet before, whether that be anime or stuff like five night’s at freddy’s. stuff that actually isn’t bad (there definitely is some stuff written by gross people that I think we should try to stay away from. don’t get into a “separating art from the artist” argument here please, that’s a conversation for another day/a separate thread.) so, some people feel like they need to “hide” certain interests and things they like.

so, what’s one thing that you like that you feel like is seen as “weird”? for me, i fucking love vocaloid/vocal sythns. the technology and the producers who use vocaloid is so cool to me, but it’s def seen as something “strange” because “haha it’s anime robots”, which is a very big simplification of what the technology even is.
the dream SMP and Genshin Impact. Both fandoms are extremely volatile, and they both have other "cringe" factors (anime, minecraft roleplay, etc.) that get them dismissed real quick. Best case scenario is I'm deemed cringe, worst case scenario is people assume I must be just as aggressive as the fandom. I'm not as into the dream SMP anymore, but the fact that I'm planning a whole D&D campaign around a mix of Minecraft lore/dsmp lore/lore I've added in for minecraft lore.... yeah I feel like that's super cringe. I am cringe but I am free.

Disney; I love the older ones and some of the newer ones. Despite being an adult they are always feel good stories that I enjoy.

My most cringey interest is Genshin Impact. I’m not as into it as I used to be ever since the newest big update featuring the new nation, but I still read news about it and stuff.

my little pony. LOL
but i'm not nearly as obsessed with it now as i was when i was 8...

& i don't like the new generation >:c

I still love and play yugioh. I don't see anybody talk about it as much anymore it's kinda sad 🥲

oh, and online roleplaying too ig
as a former Yugioh fan, I can agree its sad that most TCGs are dying, I still have my old deck of cards, too!

Roleplay, Magic: The Gathering, D&D, and Runescape. Also, I unironically love all the "simulator" games (yes, including Lawn Mowing.)

I am cringe, but I am free.

I've been told that my interest in pre-history to Renaissance is strange. But I think my biggest cringe is definitely roleplay. As a worldbuilder and lorecrafter it's taken over as my primary hobby, and I am hoping to dial back and pursue my other creative interests that got set aside (I used to paint, weave, latchhook, resin, fluid art, etc) and then forgotten. It may have been a 2020 craze but I'd like to get some of that back and find some cringey interest balance in my life.

That being said I will talk shop on Digimon, analyze anime, and forever be envious of people who can readily grasp and play DnD whereas I cannot.

I watch and love the show Bluey! Also I randomize data just to put it into different graphs, and have several AU's for FNAF.

I have another one I'm more ashamed of, but I don't want to get hated on lol, it's nothing bad, but people consider it very cringey...

definitely furry stuff... I don't share most of it online, since my 'sonas are super personal to me, but also I don't want to get bullied!!

It's not technically an interest, but I guess I'm sort of one of "those" queers. You know, nonbinary microlabels and neopronouns and xenogenders... It makes me really euphoric but I keep it to myself.

otome games/anime fo sho. also something embarrassing, there is this one ikemen series that i played through recently and for some god forsaken reason it's based off of historical figures (not hetalia) and idk why i read it, but i did. and someone asked me about sherlock holmes one day and the ONLY reason i knew anything about it was bc of said game LMAO. this also goes for getting social studies answers correct when i was still in school bc of assassins creed ToT

heavy quotes on that “cringey” there, it’s a loaded term ;-).

we have seen certain interests get mocked relentlessly by the internet before, whether that be anime or stuff like five night’s at freddy’s. stuff that actually isn’t bad (there definitely is some stuff written by gross people that I think we should try to stay away from. don’t get into a “separating art from the artist” argument here please, that’s a conversation for another day/a separate thread.) so, some people feel like they need to “hide” certain interests and things they like.

so, what’s one thing that you like that you feel like is seen as “weird”? for me, i fucking love vocaloid/vocal sythns. the technology and the producers who use vocaloid is so cool to me, but it’s def seen as something “strange” because “haha it’s anime robots”, which is a very big simplification of what the technology even is.
also, (sorry for the double post) but i do love vocaloid as well. literally was telling people before ethel cain was cool we had the fox's wedding by masa works designs LOL. when i was a kid on FF i had a group of friends where we rp'd the characters. while the vocals are good in of themselves, i also just really like the characters and the love poured into making songs and stories behind them from the fan-base. i hope it continues bc it makes my kid heart swell. also the music is fire dont @ me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back