• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Resource What's This? Gen Does Coding? [WORKSHOP]

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Gen Learned How to Code

Greetings, fellow members of RPN! As the title says, I recently rediscovered a certain love of coding. As such, for the past few attempts, I've been coming up with things that aren't completely trashy (LOL).

I'll be putting up my codes from way back in--what? 2016? Wow, that long ago?--until recently, if only so I can see for myself how much progress I've made. Of course, every single one of my codes has some sort of variation to it, whether it be for different roleplays or just simply different color palettes and fonts to match different characters, I'll be finally sharing with the world what codes I have managed to create.

These codes aren't really free to use--they're more for my crappy self-esteem--but if you have a question on how I did something, feel free to ask! I will try to sound smart when I answer!

For future reference, I get most of my color palettes from Design Seeds, which was once recommended to me by a dear friend of mine whom I have yet to thank for doing so (OOPS). Seriously great site if you want a palette to match a certain color.

Thank you so much for looking at my codes! I hope your eyes didn't bleed too much... ;x;

Table of Contents
Interest Checks
Code #1
Code #11
Code #18
Code #26

Character Sheets
Code #2
Code #5
Code #7
Code #15
Code #16
Code #22
Code #25
Code #29

In Character
Code #3
Code #4
Code #6
Code #8
Code #10
Code #12
Code #13
Code #14
Code #17
Code #19
Code #20
Code #21
Code #23
Code #24
Code #27
Code #28

Relationships
Code #9

Revamped
#9, #13, #15

Last edited:
Gen's First Code...

Am I going to get emotional about this? Probably not. But still, I have to say: this wasn't too bad for a very first code. The entire time I was asking my poor friend for help because I was such a noob. XD

This is the code I've used the most on this site, but this first draft was way before I knew to put a credit on it (I added one in now, but...). If you recognize this style of coding--good, because I used it in a lot of the RPs I've run in the past. I still use it for interest checks mostly, but I have since edited the style of it so it's less cringey and clunky.

Because it is.

Very cringey.

And very clunky.
Uncaged Blood

640x361_1289_Old_empire_city_2d_fantasy_city_airship_empire_architecture_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
In a World Ruled by Vampires

The Fonteyn family, a bloodline of vampires, has ruled over the kingdom of Fontenell for nearly one thousand years. Under their rule, humans have lived in relative oppression. Vamps can take blood whenever they want, and should they choose to take someone as a blood slave, they can't object. Thus, the humans live in fear of attack by a common vampire or even one from the aristocracy. Though the life of a blood slave entails luxury, it's not freedom. There have been far too many unsuccessful revolts in centuries past; the vamps are just too powerful. But this time, the rebels have an advantage: help from within the castle.

~~~

The elder Fonteyn son and heir to the throne, Aleron, greatly supports the ideology that has ruled Fontenell for a millenia. Vampires are clearly the superior race, so why shouldn't they rule? Phoenix and Lyllith, his siblings, disagree. They've seen how the humans suffer under the rule of the vampires. They're not happy, and they never have been. The younger prince and princess know this needs to change. But how to do it?

On a secret jaunt outside the castle, Lyllith meets a rebel, in turn finding the Uncaged Birds, a rebel faction that has operated without the monarchy's knowledge for five years. They welcome her with open arms, thinking her to be a poor girl living on the streets. But some random misstep, they discover she is indeed the vampire princess, but the rebel she met before stops them before they can do anything to her. He reasons that having someone within the castle, and the royal family to boot, would be of great help to their cause. The Birds grudgingly agree and accept Lyllith into their ranks, as well as Phoenix, who had secretly tailed his sister on her adventure outside.

If they overthrow Aleron, they'll finally free the humans from vampire oppression.
Of Fonteyns and Uncaged Birds...

Aleron Riskel Fonteyn (23)~Open
Aleron is cold and calculating, much like his parents. The dignity of his race matters the most to him, and he believes his siblings to be incredibly naive to support the side of humans. To servants, he's harsh and demanding, and his brother and sister are nod different. His parents dote on him, much to the ire of the second son and first daughter.

Phoenix Edmond Fonteyn (19)~Open
Phoenix is young and reckless but also very thoughtful. He chooses his words carefully and tends to think through things before deciding on an action. Though his parents favor Aleron, they praise him on his skill in war strategy and critical thinking. He's often consulted on how to fix a problem within the kingdom such as natural disasters, crime sprees, and other concerns.

Lyllith Violeta Fonteyn (17)~ AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Lyllith may seem weak and girly, but she's tough if given the chance. She picks fights with Aleron because of his obviously wrong ideas, but she's closer to Phoenix than practically anybody. Her parents treat her as inferior due to her status as the youngest sibling, and they insist that she marry an aristocrat. She'd rather marry someone she actually cares about, though. That's what leads her to venture outside of the castle and into the kingdom.

Duncan Mauntell (25)~Open
Duncan is the leader of the Uncaged Birds. He's highly respected and trusted among his subordinates, and everyone takes his word as law. In their eyes, he's the wise leader who should take the throne once they overthrow the Fonteyns, but he'd rather leave it to someone else. Out of everyone he trusts, his lieutenant is the one he trusts the most.

Lyra Coffyn (24)~Open
Lyra is Ducan's lieutenant and the secondary leader of the Birds. Duncan is the only one she truly trusts, but the others are very much like her children. She's the first to scold mischief makers and she's very no nonsense. However, there's something very vulnerable about her, and that may come from the secret that no one knows: she's a vampire.

Kentin Monteacute (18)~Open
Kentin is the rebel Lyllith met in the city, and he's the one who convinced Duncan and the others not to kill her on the spot when they found out what she was. He doesn't particularly care for vampires, but he does value the rebellion and if there's even the slightest chance that this strategy could land them a victory, he'll take it. Normally, he does the scouting for missions the Birds carry out.

Cassiana Alington (17)~Open
Cassiana is the weapons expert of the Birds, and she's the first to make it clear to Phoenix that he's not welcome here. Duncan is her idol, and she looks up to him. Some say she has a crush on him, but she always denies it vehemently. There's no room for love in a rebellion.
Other Records

The plan is, this will be a detailed RP. It's based on plot, yes, but character development and relationships between characters will be important, too. (And yes, I'm hoping for some sort of romance in places where it seems most apparent.)

If there's enough interest, I'll let people make other rebels or even servants in the castle, but I'd like to fill the roles in the character list first and foremost. Go ahead and ask me any questions about the characters and the plot.

As this is detailed, I expect at least two descriptive paragraphs per post. The story depends not just on me, but also on you. I need everyone working together to move the story along. That's the only way we'll truly have fun with this.

To make sure no one commits to something they can't do, I will require that those who want to join are committed and can do at least one post per week. (I have a life, too.) And for those of you who want a specific part, I will need you to PM me a sample of your writing from another RP or something in the point of view of the character you want to play. Sound good?

Please comment with the phrase "Maya Angelou" if you read everything. If you don't, I will most likely ignore you. DO IT. (Sorry if that sounded mean.)

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Gen Is So Clever... >.>

I'm not really that clever, but I did make a CS code out of the above interest check code. It's not really that impressive--just a matter of adding slides to the accordion--but at the time I was pretty impressed with myself.

Sorta.

So this is basically the same code as above but with more slides.

So feel free to laugh at me here (not to my face).
Character Sheet

640x361_1289_Old_empire_city_2d_fantasy_city_airship_empire_architecture_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
Basics

Name: (self-explanatory)

Age: (given next to character names in their description; if making an different character, choose one similar to other roles)

Role/Position: (prince/princess/etc)
Appearance

Hair Color: (self-explanatory)

Eye Color: (self-explanatory)

Appearance: (a more detailed description; include their attire)
Personality

Personality: (what they're like)

Skills: (what they're good at)

Dislikes: (self-explanatory)

History

History: (their past, basically; might require some collaboration with others)
Miscellaneous

Weapons: (what type of weapon do they use/are likely to use)

Relationships: (what type of relationship do they have with other characters; probably needs collaboration as well)

Other: (anything else you want to include)

GM Posting

Because why not have a completely separate code in order to do GM posting and move a story along? Why use my characters as the GM posters when I can just do some narrator crap?

That, I think, was my philosophy when I made this code.

To be perfectly honest, I think I was just experimenting with scrolling, which is fairly more simple than accordions. (At least in my eyes.) It's when you try to expand the scrolling into something cooler-looking that it gets more complicated.

I think I was most proud about the border around the scroll, if I'm being honest.

Making the pictures smaller and keeping the rest of the code intact was actually harder than it should have been, which is why it's so huge.

A Meeting of Rebels...
maxresdefault.jpg

It is time for the weekly meeting of the Uncaged Birds. This time, however, they will welcome two new members: Princess Lyllith Violeta Fonteyn and Prince Phoenix Edmond Fonteyn. Much to the surprise of some members, their leader has accepted members of the vampire royal family, their very enemy, into their ranks.

There is no guarantee the rest of the Birds will fully accept Lyllith and Phoenix right away, but the royals are in fact their key to taking down the monarchy. Now, the Birds shall gather in a tavern one of their members owns to discuss future plans with their fledgling vampire members...

Back at the castle, Lyllith and Phoenix attempt to escape unnoticed by their parents as well as their brother, Aleron. After all, he is the one they are plotting against...

Aukanai Aukanai arkadia arkadia Bellz Bellz @Blue Jay Tori Bradley Tori Bradley Kirito Kei Kirito Kei

My Cleverness Returns

One thing y'all should know about me...

...I really love editing a code to suit a new purpose.

Even with my newer codes I do this, so naturally I did it with this one, too. It came in handy when I didn't feel like scrolling through RPN to find a cool-looking IC code for a character because I needed to post realllllll soon.

So... yeah.
This happened

Skylie Lavigne
"Can we all just not today?"

Well. That went to shit fast.

Skylie would’ve given Jacket the satisfaction of reacting to being called crazy or being a “bitch,” but she’d been called worse by far meaner people. She’d sulk about it later. Right now, she was mostly regretting letting go of one of her precious daggers. Eesh. Later, she’d figure out how to get it back. Screw what anyone else thought of her crossing the river.

When the kid showed up, Skylie’s scowl deepened. She searched all that time for him, and now he shows up? What rotten luck. But still… There was something not right about the kid. This whole situation was too cliché. It stank of overplayed plot twist.

And if she was right, something bad would happen before long.

Apparently, Prissy Girl’s Digimon thought so, too, because he immediately attacked Darya’s brother. The boy turned into some huge wolf Digimon. Honestly, it was pretty badass. If it wasn’t so dangerous, Skylie would’ve tried to adopt it and take it back to Philly. That would have to wait.

Green dove at the monster and tried to help, and Blue’s Digimon turned into the cutest little bunny thing. Not that she noticed. So much for crossing the river on the fish bridge the seal thing had made. The purple-haired girl from dinner the previous night did manage to cross, but that didn’t mean everyone else had the opportunity.

Shit. “I have to do something.”

Agumon gave her a hard stare. “I thought you didn’t care.”

“I don’t.”

The dinosaur Digimon smirked and said nothing. He was starting to understand the subtle nuances in Skylie’s harsh demeanor.

“Agumon, I’m going to throw you.”

Okay, that was still a surprise. “WHAT? AGAIN?”

Skylie glared at her Digimon partner. “The seal thing and giant bug can only do so much, and the purple dragon thing—I seriously need to learn all these names, sheesh—doesn’t have much of a strategy going. They need backup, and since Green is pinned down, someone needs to distract that wolf. So I need to throw you over there.”

Wow. She’d come up with that all on her own? Would he ever figure out how much was in that head of hers? “Fine.”

Skylie picked him up again, and he curled into a ball so he would fly farther. She threw him with all her might, and as he flew through the air, he slowly uncurled himself so he wouldn’t land on his face.

He did anyway.

As Skylie sprinted across the fish bridge, Agumon scrambled to his feet and faced Fangmon. (Naturally, he knew its name, but he didn’t dare correct Skylie…yet.) How to free the green-haired girl without hurting her… It seemed she was trying her best to free herself, but it wasn’t working. Hm…

Taking a deep breath, Agumon used his classic attack: “PEPPER BREATH!”

He’d made sure to aim at the top of Fangmon’s leg, which would hopefully burn him enough to startle him, thereby releasing his hold on the girl.

Skylie finally got back across the river just in time to hear Green yelling to Jacket to throw her the knife he’d stolen. He refused and started getting everyone to retreat a safe distance. Despite herself, Skylie quirked an eyebrow. Jacket didn’t know how to use a knife, and he wore a jacket like that? That…was disappointing.

Marching over to him, she snatched her dagger out of his hand. How’s that for a crazy bitch? She growled, “If you don’t know how to use it, don’t take it. You’ll hurt yourself.” Turning away, she sprinted back toward danger, as she had done for years on the streets.

She got as close as she dared (which was damn close) and shouted, “Green Hair! You know how to use one of these? Take one!” For the second time that day, she threw her dagger, but this time she aimed for the ground next to the girl. Even if she couldn’t reach for the knife, maybe the wolf would step on it and hurt his foot? A foolish plan, but Skylie never prided herself on her brain. She left that to other people.

A glance behind her told her that Blue was retreating and Existentialist Crisis was protecting Prissy Girl. (Okay…she really needed to learn everyone’s names…this was getting sad.) Maybe Ravyn would come up with a better plan than whatever was going on right now. She seemed smart. Or at the very least badass.

Skylie had to do something. She had to make sure that they could all get out of this alive, or least give Green the chance to escape the monster’s paws. Running into the thing’s line of sight, she rolled into a crouch. It wasn’t a defensive crouch, but more of a cat-like stance.

It was a stance she took when she was about to purposely take an attack.

In her few years of fighting on the streets, Skylie had rarely used this move. She only used it when desperate to win a fight. With this strategy, she took a few punches, and when her opponent thought he’d won, she’s strike and take him down. This time, however, she’d take an attack to provide a distraction for the Digimon to do something. Blue wanted the cute bunny to get him into the water, which would be no easy feat, and then perhaps the insect thing would be able to electrocute him. A good plan. Maybe her distraction would be key to seeing that plan through.

Well. One could dream.

{This is a post I never got to post, hahaha....}

Last edited:
While in France...

Funny story, I actually figured out this code while I was in France. I don't know what possessed me to spend an hour working on this, but I did, and then I used it a lot for a while. After a while, though, I started to cringe every time I used it, as my self-righteous "I'm clever" thoughts went away...

That was a sad day.

But it served its purpose, and because of this code, I stopped using other people's codes for a while, which I think is the ultimate goal for myself.

Even though I still don't get hidden scrolling.

It's fine, I'll figure it out eventually. ;-;

And yes. This was the first one I made. Keaton is my baby.
Keaton Landau a.k.a. Emperor Kuzco
(Face Claim: David Henrie)
david-henrie-1.jpg

He Was Born and Raised to Rule

Name: Keaton Samuel Landau
Nickname: Keat, Your Gorgeousness
Sexuality: Pansexual
Based Off Of: Emperor Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove
No One Has Ever Been This Cool

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Green
Body Figure: Athletic...the most beautiful thing you've ever seen
Clothing Style:
K U Z C O
Distinguishing Features: Small Scar on Right Cheek
He's the Sovereign Lord of the Nation

Vices:
Narcissistic, Egotistical, Boastful, Haughty, Lonely
Virtues:
Self-Confidence, Friendliness, Compassion, Honesty, Sincerity
Adventures, Llamas, Pasta, Parties, Himself
Dislikes:
Big Cats, Silence, Doing Nothing, Arguments, Work
Quirks:
dances instead of walking most places, plans all his entrances to places so they're DRAMATIC!
Habits:
his dramatic entrances, runs his hand through his hair obsessively when he's talking to people
He's the Hippest Dude in All Creation

History:
As a kid, Keaton always begged to be taken to the zoo. His fascination with animals was exhausting to his parents, but charming all the same. Though he was born to a well to do family, he wasn’t spoiled in the sense that people normally associate with the word. Rather, he was quite vain and obnoxious—but that didn’t mean he didn’t care.

Animals meant the world to little Keaton, especially the llamas. Staff at the zoo were always amused at the fascination he showed whenever he was with them, and the opposing fear he felt whenever he came close to the big cats. Panthers especially were terrifying to him.

One day, Keaton turned around to smile at his mother, a kind and honest woman who found his ridiculous antics adorable. But she was nowhere to be found. Panicked, Keaton ran around the zoo, calling for her with tears in his eyes. But she was gone.

The zoo staff attempted to calm him down and find his parents. But his mother and his father, for unexplained reasons, had packed up and abandoned their son at the zoo. Keaton was devastated to hear it, but it explained the look in his parents’ eye whenever they watched their son up to his usual shenanigans.

Keaton wasn’t entrusted to the foster care system, as one might expect. Rather, a member of the zoo staff, the woman normally in charge of caring for the llamas. He was instantly taken to her, mostly because she put up with his ridiculous behavior…and because of the llamas, of course.

As he grew older, people really couldn’t understand why he was so weird. Strangely, though, they began to see he wasn’t really that bad of a guy. Something about his oddness was amusing, and it drew people to him like magnets. Some girls thought him to be a jerk, but even they were won over by his incredible…oddity.

Keaton took on dancing, as it made his dramatic entrances far more dramatic. Jazz dancing was his specialty, and he took to it like the prized student he was. Deep down though, he kept the pain of his parents’ abandonment locked away. He feared it happening again, but this time with the many friends he’d made, as well as his adoptive mother.

Yet, he lives on, unable to stop caring for animals, and somehow finding it in him to care for others in the most indirect way possible.

Theme Song: "I Don't Dance" from High School Musical 2
What's His Name? KUZCO! KUZCO! KUZCO!

Year: Second
Elective(s): Theater, Dance
Major: Dance
Club(s): Disney Fraternity, Glee Club
Relationships: Here
Crush: Himself

At This Point, Is It Really Clever...?

Yeah, yeah, at this point I know I'm not as clever as I make myself seem. When I achieved my proudest coding moment in France, I also ended up turning that code into an IC code.

That's just my thing, I guess.

Eventually, the image floating thing became a problem because my smarticles ran out with changing image sizes, so if the variations below start to look real wonky, that's just entirely my bad--I got lazy.
Keaton Landau a.k.a. Emperor Kuzco
david-henrie-1.jpg

I Was Dragged All Over Those Hills And I Did Not Hear Any Singing

Mood: Perfect. Duh. | Scenario: GOOD MORNING, WDU! | Location: Dorm > Cafeteria | With: Jim, Pace (formerly) | Tags: Blurp | Outfit: This
Considering it was his second year here, Keaton was not surprised at the mixed reactions from the students in the cafeteria. Some simply could not handle the pure, unadulterated awesomeness that was Keaton Landau. Though if he was not mistaken, there was a freshman girl sitting with a freshman guy looking at him as if he was the sun--which, of course, he was. It seemed he'd already won her over. Kudos to him!

Having received his breakfast, Keaton decided to check on the only being worthy of being his wingman--Leo King, the true King of Partying. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd seen his friend give him the finger, and his enemy for Leo's wingfections (wingman affections) had made a snarky and misguided comment. So what if he'd forgotten some had hangovers? He hadn't drunk a drop of alcohol! It was hard to remember this type of thing when you never indulged in the drink that caused such crippling morning problems. But c'est la vie.

Keaton decided it was best he check on Leo--on a normal day, his friend would never make such a rude gesture at him. As he made his way over to the table where the "Hunks" were sitting, Keaton remembered again how terribly offensive it was that he had never been invited to bear this title. Wasn't he attractive? Of course he was. So why had his wingman never extended the invitation. It was all terribly upsetting.

Not to mention... it reminded him how truly alone he was.

No. He was not going to go there. Not now. But before he could shut it down, the memory surfaced anyway.

~ ~ ~

Llamas were great. Keaton had loved them from the moment he saw them. So that day, he was busy watching the llamas at the zoo walk around, being llamas. His favorite llama, Bernard, looked right at him, and he turned around to tell his mom--

But she wasn't there.

"Mommy?" he called, but she didn't magically reappear from the crowd. Now he was starting to get worried. "Mommy?" he screamed, pushing his way through the crowds, tears starting to run down his round cheeks. "Where are you?" His shoulders shook as he tried not to cry. He was a big boy, and big boys didn't cry, but he just couldn't help himself, he was so alone.

Finally, he found himself back in front of the llama enclosure, and he glanced at them for reassurance. Bernard simply blinked back, almost sadly, as if confirming what Keaton had already feared.

His parents had left him here. Alone.

And eventually, everyone else would leave him, too.

~ ~ ~

Well, gee, that was pleasant to relive in the middle of the cafeteria. Keaton could only hope no one had seen the fear on his face. Whenever he relived that dreadful day at the zoo--the anniversary of which was thankfully months away--Keaton's body went into autopilot, meaning his face would go blank for a few seconds. Any cracks in his armor risked his reputation as a confident god. Mistakes were something he could not afford.

But anyway. Back to Leo.

Keaton arrived at the table just as Sergio left with Lilith Monroe. (Okay, Keaton had to admit, if he wasn't so infatuated with his own beauty, he would be admiring Sergio. No wonder he was part of the Hunks.) That left him an opening to set down his tray slightly apart from the rest of them. Megan was there, cuddling up to Hook--not exactly a ship Keaton had ever thought would sail, but GOOD FOR THEM! he thought--and Jin was trying to convince Leo to eat.

"Apologies if I offended you, Leo," Keaton breezed, nodding to the Ibuprofen bottle. "I often forget hangovers exist, considering I don't drink. Everyone knows you're the real party king. I'm simply the party emperor when it comes to dramatic entrances." And making a stale party awesome again, he added silently.

"As for your exorcism, I believe you'd need some holy water, which I don't happen to have, and you need some sort of priest. I'm the closest you've got to that, considering my adoptive mother insists I practice Catholicism. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're out of luck on my end. Though I did snag this for you." He slid a small bottle of Powerade across the table. "That's supposed to help, and since you refuse to eat the eggs Jin oh-so-wisely suggests you consume, that's the only assistance I can offer." He shrugged, as if it didn't really matter to him if Leo accepted his rare genuine aid. And truthfully, the narcissistic side of him didn't care. His help was obviously going to be accepted by somebody--he was Keaton Landau, for God's sake!

And yet, the part of him that had relived the worst day of his life feared that maybe Leo was starting to leave him.

Instead of Studying Physics...

So, uh... About nine months ago, I could have been focusing on my Physics class. Instead, I figured out how to do this! At the time, I was attempting to put to form my Greek reincarnations RP, but that didn't last long. (Except now it's rebooted, AND I BELIEVE IN IT.)

Anyway, I of course started with my forever favorite, Skylie, when making this, so I'm kinda biased toward the palette on hers. Heh heh.

Special thanks to revalia revalia and apolla apolla , whose codes I looked out to figure out some of the mechanics of this. Seriously, I would not have figured out half of this code if you two weren't so amazing at it! <3

Just a note: Originally, I used a different collage on the left. But I like this one better, SOOOOO.... ;3
Skylie Dyer
(Avril Lavigne)
tUAzd9M.jpg

Basic Info

Full Name: Skylie Aveline Dyer

Nickname: Sky, Skittles, Rainbow, Rapunzel (by her father)

Birthday: November 15

Sign: Scorpio

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Religion: Methodist/United Methodist

Country of Origin: Canada

Reincarnation Of: Iris

Appearance

Hair Color: Dirty Blond

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 110 lbs

Tattoos/Markings: N/A

Distinguishing Features: Her Signature Scowl, Her Eyeliner

Personality

Personality:
Sass her, she'll sass you right back. Skylie is a live wire with a vendetta against the world. She's pessimistic, cynical, and makes sarcastic comments whenever she can. Her dry wit is often unmatched, and she's honest to a fault, as well as blunt. There is a permanent bored look on her face, a product of a boring life filled with boring people. Along with this honesty sits a deep-seated need to find real friendship, not some phony relationship like all the other teenagers in the world. If you encounter her when she's vulnerable, she'll lash out, unless you give her a reason to trust you.

Skylie's favorite type of music is rock, and due to this, she often sits in a corner, listening to Fall Out Boy or We the Kings. She's shut herself off from the rest of the world, opening up to pretty much no one. In spite of this, she's perfectly adept at surviving situations, and if give a good enough reason, she's capable of handing out logical advice given from an objective point of view. When alone, she paints. Unlike her wardrobe, these paintings are colorful, as if reflecting something deep inside her that she doesn't want anyone else to see. Only her art teachers have ever seen them; not even her family knows.

Love is very precious to her, as she hasn't had enough of it in her life. Unfortunately, this means she won't know it if she ever encounters it, and won't know how to handle it.

Strengths/Virtues:
■ Being honest
■ Knowing the difference between clearly right and obviously wrong
■ Painting

Weaknesses/Vices:
■ Doesn't have honesty filter
■ Her bluntness often seems harsh
■ Very sensitive to what people say to her

Quirks:
■ Will stand in the middle of a rain shower, face tilted toward the sky
■ Carries around Eiffel tower keychain
■ Will tell you what she's thinking, if you ask

■ Rock Music
■ Staying Up Late
■ Rainbows

Dislikes:
■ Sports
■ Hip-Hop
■ Waking Up Early
■ Hurricanes/Tornadoes

Fear:
Skylie is deathly afraid of being alone for the rest of her life. The thought scares her so much that she will wake up in a cold sweat.

Desire:
Her most secret desire? Easy. Skylie someday hopes to see what's at the end of the rainbow. Okay, okay, she actually wants to find someone that will see her for who she is, and cherish her forever. (Yeah, it's cheesy. But can you blame her?)

Secret:
Skylie's boyfriend was very abusive. She never told anyone about how he'd beat her, and though they ended it, thanks to him losing interest, she still hasn't told anyone about it. She would rather not tell anyone, especially about the day he raped her when she tried to fight back.

History

History:
Unicorns and rainbows. From the day she was born, Skylie was expected to fit into a stereotypical girl archetype: in love with the color pink, obsessed with princesses, and a big fan of unicorns and rainbows. But that just wasn't her style. She liked wolves and foxes, as well as black. She scoffed at all things girly and refused to wear dresses and skirts no matter how much her parents begged. Her crown was a fedora given to her by her uncle, her kingdom the forest in her backyard.

Skylie's mother resented the fact that her daughter had no sense of fashion or even cared what she looked like. Her father, comparatively, always said, "I'm proud of you," and would ruffle her hair, causing her to give him a gap-toothed grin. She clearly favored her father, and so, her parents often fought about it. Dad would always say Mom was putting too much pressure on Skylie, while Mom would accuse Dad of brainwashing her into thinking that acting this way and never really making friends was acceptable.

When she was seven years old, her parents divorced, with her father taking custody of her. With the absence of his wife, everything fell into disarray, until he became prone to sitting in front of the TV with a beer in hand, mumbling at the TV as if it was the cause of all his problems. Skylie saw this, and realized her father didn't care about her anymore. With Mom not around, he had no reason to defend her. Saddened by this thought, she packed up her things and walked out the door at age nine, sick and tired of being ignored.

She lived on the streets for about four years, toughening herself on the outside while she built impenetrable walls around her heart. Instead of being simply a tomboy, she was a tomboy street urchin, willing to do anything to survive. Finally, at age thirteen, someone found her and told her that her father had died of alcohol poisoning, right on the couch where she'd left him. Of course, she'd seen this coming. It was only a matter of time. But now that she'd been found, she'd have to go with her mom.

Life there wasn't much better. Her mother ignored her, often pretending she didn't exist unless it was absolutely necessary. Skylie lived this way for three years, until the day she turned sixteen. It was around that time she got a boyfriend named Zared (stupid name). They went out for months until he broke it off suddenly, and she retreated into herself and began painting. Shutting herself off led her to become even more of an outcast than she already, and she's lost faith that she'll ever find anyone who will actually understand her.

Theme Song: "Because Of You" by Kelly Clarkson and "Rock Bottom" by Hailee Steinfeld ft. DNCE

Powers and Abilities

Powers:
Rainbows
In especially humid weather, Skylie can make the water in the air form a rainbow, which, depending on what she asks them to, can be tangible or not. The tangible rainbows can be made into objects, but these only last a few hours at the most, or for a lot less time if they're out in the sun. Sometimes she can ask them to deliver messages for her.
Auras
Skylie can tell how a person's feeling by the colorful aura surrounding them. Certain colors correspond to certain emotions, but combinations are still a bit tricky for her. She chooses not to read too much into these auras that she sees, as she doesn't want to get too mixed up with people in general.

Drawbacks:
■ A lack of water source/water that is frozen cannot be formed into a rainbow.
■ If a lot of people occupy a room, their combined auras can give Skylie a bad migraine.

Skills:
Alto Saxophone
Skylie plays a mean alto saxophone, though she's never really sure what this ever has to do with anything.
Street Smarts
Living on the streets wasn't a complete waste. Skylie knows things about people and how to survive that normal ninteen-year-olds wouldn't know.
Speed/Agility
Her time on the streets also gave Skylie uncanny skill in anything gymnastic or speed-related. Even she's amazed when she does a backflip and sticks the landing.

Weapons:
Her rainbows, her fists, and her trusty daggers

Last edited:
Gen. You Need to Not.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did it again. Turned a character sheet code into an IC code.

BUT THIS TIME, I switched the side the picture (or "side," as I call it in Gen Terms) is on. And I kept the accordion open since on my last code, some people didn't realize that's where my tags and stuff were.

So.

This happened.
Skylie Dyer
(Iris)
Yes, I'm a damsel in distress. No, I don't want your help.

Mood: Freaked the Fuck Out | Scenario: What Kinda Freaky Twilight Zone is This? | Outfit: Iris | With: Cole | Mentions: N/A | Tags: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
latest

“Goddammit, Cole, you son of a bitch! What kind of brother are you, letting me drink that much?” Skylie Dyer yelled at her older half-brother, Coleson, who was currently on the floor of their hotel room and very much shirtless. The previous night was completely a blur, and she was pretty sure it was because Cole had insisted she take advantage of the lack of drinking age law (whereas back in the States she was two years too young) and kept handing her glasses. She didn’t even know why the hell she’d gone with him to a bar anyway. Jerk.

But at least for now, Skylie was stuck with him, because she sure as hell wasn’t going back to Canada. Barely two weeks ago, she’d shown up on Cole’s doorstep with a letter detailing the fact that they were related through their father. He’d taken it all in stride, of course, but he also couldn’t hide his surprise from his aura, which Skylie found she could read easier than most people’s auras. Yet somehow, Cole had become the only person in the world she trusted, the only one who truly knew her.

He was also the most goddamn annoying person in the world.

“Sky, if you haven’t noticed, I am incredibly hungover, so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t yell at me. Besides, I’ve only been a brother for two weeks! How the hell am I supposed to know everything?” Cole rolled over onto his back and glared up at her through narrowed eyes. That was the one thing that definitely set them apart as siblings: their light blue eyes. Thanks, Dad. At least the letter hadn’t been a joke.

Skylie sighed, looking away so she wouldn’t have to face the affectionate pink lining Cole’s aura. He’d believed her, miraculously, when she’d told him she could read the auras of the people around her. That hadn’t been everything she’d told him about her, though… As soon as she’d told him everything, Cole had wrapped his arms around her and promised nothing would hurt her ever again. It was probably the one and only moment she was okay with having an older brother. The rest had kinda been a shitstorm so far. Which was probably why Cole had convinced her to take a vacation with him, for “sibling bonding” time. Thank God her mom was rich.

Tilting her head and meeting Cole’s eyes again, she said, “C’mon, Cole, put a shirt on. Let’s go out for some of that ‘sibling bonding’ shit you’re so excited about.”

“I love you, too, Skylie.”

“So you claim.”

~ ~ ~

“Okay, Cole, I’m gonna be real with you. This may be exciting to your lame American sensibilities, but this is really, really boring to me,” Skylie groaned, trudging along behind her brother. They’d come to the base of Mount Olympus, for whatever shit reason, and so far, Skylie wasn’t impressed. It possibly had to do with the whole living-on-the-streets-for-four-years thing, but she was ignoring that. This was really just hella lame.

“Oh come on, Sky, you’re just not thinking about it right. What if you were to paint this baby, huh? Also, how much you wanna bet you’d beat me to the top of the mountain if we raced?” Cole was being infuriatingly optimistic, which might have been a side effect of using coffee to cure his hangover. His aura was also way too bright to look at without sunglasses.

“Cole, that’s not how painting works, first of all. Second of all, you wouldn’t be able to afford the bet I’d make on that.” She raised an eyebrow and gestured to her small yet lithe frame, built up with lean muscle from the years on the streets. Cole himself had incidentally become a victim of her roundhouse kick at one point.

He frowned and replied, “You’re probably right about that. Come on, let’s go explore the mountain.”

When the half-siblings reached the base of the mountain, they were surprised to find a town there. It was more of a ruin, really, as the buildings were all dilapidated and falling apart. Weeds grew out of them, and plants grew everywhere. Yet the “road” beneath their feet was dusty and bare. Skylie had seen plenty of weird shit in her lifetime, including her brother fanboying over Harry Potter merchandise for some strange reason, but this was just plain wrong. “Cole, let’s get out of here. This feels weird.”

Cole nodded and started to turn. “Yeah, let’s…” He stopped in his tracks and looked off to his left, widening his eyes. Skylie was about to ask him what was wrong, but then she spotted what looked like their luggage, which they had left at the hotel. The Eiffel tower keychain on her duffel bag proved it; this was definitely their luggage.

“Now I’m really freaked out.” Skylie grabbed Cole’s arm and started running back the way they had come. Before they’d gotten very far, they ran straight into a wall of some sort. The weirdest part was… there was nothing there. Skylie reached out and touched a solid, but invisible, wall that wouldn’t budge, no matter how hard she pushed.

Skylie and Cole exchanged a freaked out look. In unison, they growled, “What the fuck is going on?”
rCBEt6z.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, Hold On, I'm Actually Really Proud.

So back when the Walt Disney University roleplay I'm a part of was a hosted project, everybody had a separate thread for their relationships and stuff. And everybody had some fancy code to go along with it!

So what did Gen do?

She made her own relationship code.

At first, it was kinda... big. I'm not sure what possessed me to allow it to be so big, but it was probably because, again, separate thread. My thread, my rules, you know? Then my Greek Gods RP took off, and I made a thread for EVERYONE'S relationships, and I realized perhaps I should make it smaller.

Therefore, I will be putting two versions here, but that's only because I don't use the big version anymore--I have since edited all the ones that used to be big. A bummer for you all, I'm sure... XD

Note: The big version is the version that I first coded. It was all experimental, so it doesn't have any actual relationship stuff in it. It was just a point of pride.

• Korey Hughes a.k.a. Kovu
    source.gif
    JN9E.gif

Korey Hughes
    Korey Hughes
    Korey wasn’t really paying a terrible amount of attention to the girls’ conversation, so the strange pull towards the center of the square didn’t have to do much to convince him to follow it. Maggie was right behind him as he went to join the gathering crowd around some blond guy.

He claimed that everyone in the plaza was a Disney character or something, which caused Korey to snort. As if. This guy was raving mad. Was he drunk? But at least he seemed to understand how outrageous his claims were. This is complete bullshit.

Which was why he wasn’t expecting to be singled out.

The blond met his skeptical gaze with a serious one. For some reason, he felt as if he should know this guy, which was startling, since he’d never seen him before. The boy started saying something about him being a lion, and the heir to Pride Rock. His name had been Kovu? Like from The Lion King 2? HOLY SHIT THAT WAS REAL? Korey’s eyes widened as his mouth dropped open. Was that why he felt concern for someone he probably didn’t know? Because of the whole Kiara thing? Holy shit.

It was then the boy said he could turn into cats.

Korey glanced down at himself, thoroughly confused. He’d never known anything about have magical powers… or, he thought he didn’t. Maybe that was all different, as the boy was saying. He pictured an ocelot, which, for some reason, was the first cat he thought of. When he opened his eyes, he was staring at a pair of paws. Maggie, above him, gasped, and he jumped in the air in surprise.

Maggie immediately picked him up, and they listened to the rest of the boy’s speech. When the boy asked who was with him, Korey leaped out of Maggie’s arms and sprinted toward the bench, hopping onto it in his ocelot form. By thinking about his human form, Korey shifted back. Facing the crowd, he grunted, “I’m in, too.”

Korey Hughes
    Korey Hughes
    Korey wasn’t really paying a terrible amount of attention to the girls’ conversation, so the strange pull towards the center of the square didn’t have to do much to convince him to follow it. Maggie was right behind him as he went to join the gathering crowd around some blond guy.

He claimed that everyone in the plaza was a Disney character or something, which caused Korey to snort. As if. This guy was raving mad. Was he drunk? But at least he seemed to understand how outrageous his claims were. This is complete bullshit.

Which was why he wasn’t expecting to be singled out.

The blond met his skeptical gaze with a serious one. For some reason, he felt as if he should know this guy, which was startling, since he’d never seen him before. The boy started saying something about him being a lion, and the heir to Pride Rock. His name had been Kovu? Like from The Lion King 2? HOLY SHIT THAT WAS REAL? Korey’s eyes widened as his mouth dropped open. Was that why he felt concern for someone he probably didn’t know? Because of the whole Kiara thing? Holy shit.

It was then the boy said he could turn into cats.

Korey glanced down at himself, thoroughly confused. He’d never known anything about have magical powers… or, he thought he didn’t. Maybe that was all different, as the boy was saying. He pictured an ocelot, which, for some reason, was the first cat he thought of. When he opened his eyes, he was staring at a pair of paws. Maggie, above him, gasped, and he jumped in the air in surprise.

Maggie immediately picked him up, and they listened to the rest of the boy’s speech. When the boy asked who was with him, Korey leaped out of Maggie’s arms and sprinted toward the bench, hopping onto it in his ocelot form. By thinking about his human form, Korey shifted back. Facing the crowd, he grunted, “I’m in, too.”

tr4mFD0.jpg

Last edited:
The Tenth Code! (Possible Book Title...?)

TECHNICALLY speaking, I think this one may have actually come to me before the relationship code above, but I don't quite remember. It's possible. Either way, the relationship code came to me while I was mooching off my mom's work's Internet, and this one came to me while I was at my best friend's house watching Once Upon a Time. Amazing how inspired you can be while watching OUAT. She was really confused why I was doing this on my laptop, though. XD

Anyway, this one took a while to muster, not because it's complicated or anything, but because the mechanics of it had to be very specific. Originally, I constructed this for a particular 1x1, but now that it's not happening anymore, I don't really have anywhere to use it... which made me sad. But in many cases, it's not my favorite, so that's not too bad.

The names are from Font Meme, because I found those worked better in this code than the usual heading code or size 7. The images on the sides use a div code to size them that way... and it was hell finding ones that worked that way. Ugh. BUT IT WORKED!

Edit 2022: Adjusting the percentages for the div-images helps the cropping a lot. It's something I'm getting better at - back when I posted this code, I was too stubborn to actually do that and would just find other images. Don't be me. Don't make my mistakes.

latest

83KHqAo.png

Location: Boat, Dining Hall | Mood: Hella Pissed Off | Guild: Unknown | With: Omar
Incarnation Of: Iris

Skylie hadn’t realized someone had been listening to her. Ever since she scared off the people who’d tried approaching her, she’d been utterly convinced she was alone. That was apparently not the case. Cutting a glare over to the guy who’d interrupted her, she ran through her mental list of French insults. There were perks to living in Montreal and then Quebec. “Whatever. I didn’t ask for your opinion. Anyone can see this boat is just a way to kiss up to the students.” She paused to glare straight into the guy’s bright blue eyes before continuing, So sorry I interrupted… whatever the hell you’re doing over there. Dégage-toi. She turned back to her graffiti. By now, she’d nearly finished the K and the Y. Just as she was finishing off her name (the S had been the hardest part), her concentration was broken when something else occurred to her.

Quel conard… she muttered. What did you call me? And what language did you insult me in?” Skylie had no knowing if he’d insulted her or not, as she wasn’t familiar with anything that wasn’t French or English or anything related to the two. Hell, she couldn’t even place his accent… one of the unfortunate cons to having a large gap in her education. How the heck was she going to this university, anyway? Skylie pushed herself to her feet, her daggers disappearing into her boots once again. “Never mind. I don’t need to take this.” Throwing her duffel over her shoulder, Skylie turned toward the dining hall’s exit. Even if the thought had been her own fault, she hated feeling like an idiot. Her scowl darkened as her thoughts went further and further into the abyss she tried to stay away from.

Last edited:
Another Possibly Ancient One

Once again, I'm posting one I've probably done before the others... cuz I'm obviously a smart person who can keep track of her codes. >_>

To be fair, I'm not much for remembering anything, so hopefully you'll all forgive me.

This one was pretty lame at first, until I revamped it in early autumn, so actually it makes more sense for this to be posted now. The first one is the lamer one, and I'm only posting it because... well, because it's the truth of my lack of coding prowess at the time of its creation XD

Pretty sure all my friends were lying when they said they liked it. How dare they.

Anyway, here's my "11th" code... Dang, I shoulda posted it during the 11th hour. Oh, well.

• Greek Mythos: The Gods Awaken
    greek-mythology.jpg
    Darkness Has a Purpose

History Repeats Itself

Greek heroes, gods, and Titans are a thing of the past. Their stories are nothing but mythology, fodder for creative licensing and parody. But what if they had been real all along?

The Three Fates, long asleep since the gods fell out of human favor, have been stirring. To their surprise, their spirits have been reborn into human forms. All three receive visions, visions that tell them of the locations of the gods and heroes and Titans... also in human form. Just like the Fates, the former Titans, gods, and heroes have been incarnated into human forms. However, unlike the Fates, they are completely unaware of their past lives and have been living as humans.

The Fates attempt to contact these Greek figures, but some cosmic force prevents it. All they manage to do is send a telepathic message that compels the human reincarnations to come to the base of Mount Olympus, though their reasons for doing so very.

When they all find their way to the mountain's base, the real trouble begins. The spirits of the former Greek figures begin warring with their current human forms. The spirit of Zeus calls out to Hera, but Zeus's human form doesn't necessarily agree. Needless to say, this is not sunshine and roses for the Greek spirits and their human incarnations.

Without their meaning to, the reincarnated Greek figures start re-living their myths. Perseus fights with Medusa, Hades pines after Persephone, and Aphrodite cheats on Hephaestus... Though these "re-done" myths don't play out the same way as the original stories, this is not mere chance. Someone is playing the gods and heroes like a violin.

Can the Fates, gods, and heroes stop their destinies from repeating themselves, before it's too late?

There Is Redemption Through Chaos

Hey there, funky fresh people! Oh, God, what was that greeting... Gen here! I had a craving for some Greek Mythos, so I came up with this idea to get my Greek OCs out of hiding from my Creative Writing class.

This RP will be fairly slow-paced, since I have a life, and I'm sure you all have lives, too. One post a week? Fine by me! If you post twenty times a week, well... Hold your horses, there, Poseidon.

In case it wasn't clear, all of our characters will be HUMAN. They simply have the Greek spirits hidden deep somewhere in their human soul. It is because of that spirit that our characters will start "re-living" their myths. Otherwise, you can genderbend, make up your own personality for your character, etc, etc. But again, please ask if something's not clear!

REALISTIC FACE-CLAIMS ONLY. Okay, now that that's out of the way, each of our characters will have 1-2 powers that will manifest when their Greek spirits awaken. They should mostly match the myth surrounding the character. If they're completely over-powered, I will tell you. Just watch out and put some limitations on them, 'kay?

For the most part, this RP will be driven by all of us. I'm not the one coming up with how everyone "re-lives" their myths. I'm simply the one controlling the Fates. : P Be creative! Talk it out with others! I'm sure this will be a helluva lot of fun if we all pitch in. That said, character progression would be great. I know my characters will certainly learn a thing or two. Will yours?

I'm pretty sure that's it! : )
    I Believe in That

Possible Characters List
    Note: Separated by type of Greek figure. If there are any not on this list that you would like to pursue, ask me about it. I might say no only because of how much is known about them.

Aphrodite (Goddess of Love)
    Apollo (God of Music, Prophecy, Sun, Medicine, and Others)
    Ares (God of War)
    Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt and Moon)
    Athena (Goddess of Wisdom and War)
    Demeter (Goddess of Agriculture and Grains)
    Dionysus (God of Wine and Revelry)
    Hades (God of the Underworld)
    Hephaestus (God of Blacksmiths and Fire)
    Hera (Queen of the Gods and Goddess of Marriage and Birth)
    Hermes (Messenger of the Gods, God of Travelers and Thieves)
    Poseidon (God of the Sea and Earthquakes)
    Zeus (King of the Gods, God of the Sky and Lightning)

Calliope (Muse of Epic Poetry)
    Clio (Muse of History)
    Euterpe (Muse of Music, Song, and Lyric Poetry)
    Erato (Muse of Love Poetry)
    Melpomene (Muse of Tragedy)
    Polyhymnia (Muse of Hymns)
    Terpischore (Muse of Dance)
    Thalia (Muse of Comedy)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Urania (Muse of Astronomy)

Atlas (Titan of Endurance Who Held Up the Heavens)
    Coeus (Titan of Intelligence and Pillar of the North)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Crius (Pillar of the South)
    Epimetheus (Titan of Hindsight and Creator of Mankind)
    Hyperion (Titan of Heavenly Light and Pillar of the West)
    Iapetus (Titan of Mortality and Pillar of the East)
    Kronos (Titan of Harvest)
    (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CHRONOS, THE GOD OF TIME)
    Oceanus (Titan Lord of the Seas)
    Prometheus (Titan of Forethought and Creator of Mankind)
    Phoebe (Titan of the Moon and the Oracle of Delphi)
    Rhea (Titan of Motherhood and Mother of the Gods)
    Themis (Titan of Divine Law and Order)

Aeolus (God of All Winds)
    Antheia (Goddess of Flowers)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Arke (Messenger of the Titans)
    Asclepius (God of Medicine)~TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Boreas (God of the North Wind)
    Eris (Goddess of Chaos, Discord, and Strife)
    Eros (God of Love)
    Euros (God of the East Wind)
    Gaia (Goddess of the Earth)
    Ganymede (God of Homosexual Love)
    Harmonia (Goddess of Harmony)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Hecate (Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft)
    Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth and Home)
    Hypnos (God of Sleep)~TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Iris (Goddess of Rainbows and Messenger of the Gods)~TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Lethe (Goddess of Forgetfulness)
    (You're lucky, Becca, because I originally crossed her off the list.)
    Macaria (Goddess of Blessed Death)~TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Melinoe (Goddess of Ghosts)
    Morpheus (God of Dreams)
    Nemesis (Goddess of Divine Retribution and Revenge)
    Nike (Goddess of Victory)
    Notos (God of the South Wind)
    Nyx (Goddess of Night)
    Ouranos (God of the Sky)
    Pan (God of the Wild and Nature)
    Persephone (Goddess of Springtime)
    Thanatos (God of Death)
    Zephyrus (God of the West Wind)

Achilles
    Atalanta
    Bellerophon
    Cyrene
    Hercules
    Jason
    Meleager
    Odysseus
    Orion
    Orpheus~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Perseus
    Phaethon
    Theseus

Adonis~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
    Andromeda
    Arachne
    Ariadne
    Calypso
    Cassandra
    Circe
    Daedalus
    Echo
    Eurydice
    Helen of Troy
    Hippolyta
    Icarus
    Midas
    Medusa
    Narcissus
    Pandora
    Penelope
    Psyche

I Think That's the Basis of Greek Mythology

Rules N' Such

Please respect your fellow players. Like really. Let's not insult/criticize/indirectly antagonize anyone. I've seen it all. Not fun.

If you have a problem with another player, please inform me first. Or be a badass and tell them that what they're doing isn't cool. No, but seriously. Tell me first.

Oh, yeah, follow RPN rules. That'd be great.

I'm pretty sure I'm the GM, so if anyone tries to usurp me, I'll whup your ass.

I'm more than okay with romance. But nothing that's so gushy and ew that I want to gouge my eyes out reading it. I like romance, but not the overly cheesy kind.
    (Also make sure the other person is okay with it. Don't be that jerk.)

This is gonna be casual/detailed, about two to three nice paragraphs minimum. Paragraphs are fun. NO ONE-LINERS. And please be able to grammar. It kinda sucks when I have no idea what you're trying to say.

TELL ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABSENT. IF SOMETHING CAME UP UNEXPECTEDLY, TELL ME WHEN YOU COME BACK. DO NOT JUST DISAPPEAR. I WILL EITHER PRETEND YOUR CHARACTER DOESN'T EXIST OR KILL THEM. (Jk, I'll just let someone else have them...or just pretend they never existed...)

As of right now, this is technically not first come, first serve. CSs are purely applying for certain roles. Since this is detailed, I'll be picky with the CSs that come my way. And I might ask for a writing sample under the CS, but we'll see about that.

Any questions? Ask! (But make sure you read EVERYTHING first. Don't be that guy.)

Not That It Mattered...

Not that anyone really seemed to care, but I did this code specifically for an "out of roleplay" thread specifically meant for fun little nothings for my precious Gods Awaken RP that unfortunately died again. Rip.

No one really seemed to care about my effort to make that thread and this, but that was okay... I guess. I quickly forgot about it, anyway.

In any case, this is the ONLY CODE WITHOUT A VARIATION. How about that?

source.gif

83KHqAo.png

Skylie was stumped. She’d been thinking about this for weeks, but she still couldn’t for the life of her figure out what she should get Cole for Christmas. Seriously, what kind of sister was she? He was the person she trusted most in the world, and she couldn’t figure out a simple gift to get him?

But it had to be perfect. She couldn’t just get him a beer and call it good. Cole deserved better than that. He was the one who was always bickering with her and yet found it in his heart to love her like a good big brother should. Someone like that deserved something special.

She sighed. Why the hell was she at this goddamn Christmas party anyway? Jackie had to be nuts if she thought that this was going to be fun. Though she had to admit… Jackie’s family was loaded. She’d thought her mother was well off, but this was something. The worst part about this party was the dress that Cole had tossed to her without explanation. She suspected he’d put some other girl up to finding a frilly dress for his sister to wear, but it was black, so she wasn’t going to throw a huge tantrum about it. Just a small one.

Sitting on the grand staircase that led down into the ballroom, Skylie gazed out over the crowd. First a gathering in Greece, and now a party in Jackie’s place. What kind of sick twisted life was she living, exactly?

tenor.gif

bulM2WX.png

Cette fête est très fantastique ! Avie thought to herself as she entered the ballroom with Castiel. She and Cassy had come straight here from their hotel, though she had wanted to make a detour and buy Jackie something nice for hosting this marvelous party. Cassy had convinced her not to, though, since they were nearly running late. Seeing the ballroom, now, she was glad she’d listened to him.

Cassy immediately drifted off to find someone to woo, which nearly made Avie giggle. He was so silly. Avie meanwhile, started twirling around (which was really fun in her dress) so she could take in the entirety of the room at once. Her mother’s parties had been something, but this was positively spectacular! She would definitely have to give her compliments to the hostess, who wasn’t anywhere to be seen in the ballroom.

Briefly, she wondered if perhaps her mother would have loved this party. Her father would have surely withdrawn himself to the library or contented himself with the cake over at the refreshments table, but Madame Cavallon surely would have been lighting up the dance floor with her smile.

Avie smiled to herself. She would just have to enjoy this party in her mother’s stead.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f443736736169633673315a7574513d3d2d3634323732363136322e313535646162633038356262613730633333393239343732303531372e676966

4okyAbY.png

Ivy wasn’t really sure how she was supposed to make people laugh when there was no discernible stage for her standup routine. She supposed the party could be worse, seeing as the fancy dresses and suits totally didn’t match the DJ blasting the latest music. If she ever got a chance at the microphone, she was definitely going to comment on this.

It seemed that, so far, she was the only one truly sticking the colors associated with Christmas with her green dress. Then again, she’d always thought she’d looked great in green, so perhaps she couldn’t really pat herself on the back for that. Shame.

Leaning against the wall near one of the gorgeously decorated windows (seriously—props to Jackie), Ivy tried to look alluring. A party was the perfect place to see if her learned flirting skills were useful or not. Not that she’d had much practice before now… but this would be a start. And if the flirting backfired, she could always fall back on her habitual humor.

Maybe there were cons to being a comedian in training.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f38454a65535363425433333779673d3d2d3537333237353532392e313532646131373231613832356361663436333435383032313734322e676966

vE9ZPeu.png

Kenny did not miss the stares thrown his way. But perhaps they just didn’t understand that Kenny was going to provide a little music later in the night, and that was why he had a guitar case slung over his shoulder, really a great accessory to the suit his foster mother had sent him. Also, he never really went anywhere without it, so of course he brought it with him to this Christmas party.

The cake was stupendous, and if anyone knew good cake, it was Kenny. He couldn’t get enough of it. He managed, however, to hold himself back so other people could taste its glory. It was a miracle that he hadn’t written a song about this cake yet.

Wiping the remaining crumbs from his mouth, Kenny set to wandering the edges of the ballroom. Others were dancing, but he figured it would be awkward to dance with a guy who had a guitar across his back, so he avoided doing so. Though he would have loved to dance, he feared it would remind him too much of Luciana. Fingering the locket around his neck, he gazed out the window at the snow falling across the Roysters’ lawn. He smiled at how much like a dream it looked out there.

Looked like he’d found what he was going to sing about later.

source.gif

eB8Dg3f.png

Castiel had to say, this party wasn’t too bad. Avie, of course, was incredibly impressed, but then again, it didn’t take much to impress her. It had taken a while to find a suit that would work for this party, considering he’d never really had to dress fancy except for a funeral. And that wasn’t exactly a happy occasion. Thankfully, he’d managed to find one in his mess of clothes, and here he was, admiring all the lovely dresses and suits surrounding him. (Oh, and the fairy lights. Nice touch.)

If anything, Cassy was a little disappointed by the lack of flowers. Sure, there was a poinsettia here and there, but those were cheesy. He’d had a little more faith in Jackie than this. Unless… were those lilies? Cassy drifted over to a table laden with white lilies and other white flowers. Jackie was really overplaying this “snow” thing, wasn’t she? But he wasn’t about to complain—there were flowers here!

The flowers reached for his outstretched hand, and he stroked their petals as one would stroke their dog’s ears. He was already enjoying himself more than he’d thought. And here he’d been convinced he was going to do nothing but find a pretty girl to dance with. Now with some flowers here, maybe he’d have a chance to kiss someone! Wouldn’t that be a time.

Ah, how he loved Christmas.

ElaborateConstantFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

5zIi4cX.png

Olly wasn’t quite sure why he was here when every moment that passed made him more and more anxious. There were too many people in too small a space (despite the space being rather large), and he didn’t know enough of these people to be comfortable. In fact, he wasn’t sure if he knew any of them. Really, this was too much. He was going to have a panic attack at this rate.

For now, Olly found himself a chair and faced the wall. He didn’t want to put his head between his knees, but at this point, it was the only way to calm down. What had he been thinking, not bringing a book with him? It was the surefire way to calm him down. All he could do right now was try to imagine a scene from one of his latest books…

Unfortunately, he was too busy freaking out to think straight.

This is not good, this is not good… he thought. Merry Christmas to me… At least he’d found a suit so he could look clean while he had a minor panic attack…

original.gif

Co6EWhz.png

Of course Toby couldn’t have dressed up without a hat. The suit Jackie had picked out just wouldn’t look the same without it. She had been so foolish to think he wasn’t going to try to wear a hat. It was his style; she knew better than that.

Toby was hitting the dance floor like a fiend. It was almost as if he was in the midst of his teenage years again, partying all throughout Munich and earning a name for himself as the Party Boy of Munich. Times like these made him miss Germany, but Belgium was fun, too. Especially with his cousin around.

It was hard to deny that Toby was having fun. Others were lingering around the edges of the room, but not he. No, he simply couldn’t stand still, not when there was music playing that demanded dancing.

For once in his life, he wasn’t thinking about the beauties of death. Rather, he was thinking about the beauties of this snow-themed party his cousin had so graciously thrown.

OddballCleanGelada-size_restricted.gif

ezRi03f.png

Jackie was intensely proud of her kingdom. Not only did she look a pure snow queen in her lovely white dress, but her parents and brother were away, giving her free reign of the staff at the party. The crystal chandeliers were casting a soft glow around the room, contrasting the twinkling fairy lights lining the floor-to-ceiling windows. A huge Christmas tree in the corner, littered with presents for the gift exchange, dominated the room, giving color to the otherwise snowy look of the room.

Leaning on the balcony railing overlooking the ballroom, Jackie let a cigarette hang from her mouth, off setting the purity of her outfit. Then again, her thoughts were also off setting her outfit, since she was totally willing to make out with that cute waiter over there… but she digressed.

As always, Toby was making the rounds, and she felt herself smirk as he bowed to every girl that passed by. He was too precious. This party would have been dreadful without him here.

Stubbing out her cigarette on the balcony, her mouth fell into a pout. If only there was a boy here who would ask her to dance. She needed some attention right now. Hell, a pretty girl would be good, too. Really, so long as they were cute and willing to kiss her, she was game.

After all, a party wasn’t a party unless someone was caught making out in a closet.

tenor.gif

wQBqruU.png

Cole looked like a badass.

He was a little biased, but he was fairly sure this suit and the pose he’d adopted over by one of the windows was completely and utterly badass. Really, it was too bad Skylie was too busy brooding over on the staircase; together, they would make a helluva duo. All he needed right now was a cigarette or a gun to complete this image…

Taking a sip from the glass in his hand, he grinned. Jackie definitely knew where to get the good stuff. All that was missing was a bar—he could be mixing drinks and wooing all the girls right now! Not that he was complaining about admiring them from afar. Though he had to say, none looked as pretty as his little sister. (But, again, he was probably biased.)

Glancing around, Cole realized he should probably find someone to dance with. Unfortunately, he was afraid someone would point out that he was a little too good at dancing for a Philly boy… He really didn’t feel like explaining where exactly he’d learned his moves.

Huh. This was going to be harder than he thought.

source.gif

XxY4OKp.png

Nomika wasn’t really sure why she was here, considering she celebrated Hanukkah. But she’d promised herself she was going to try to be social, so perhaps that was what had eventually brought her here.

The dress she was wearing was a little too short for winter, but it had the kind of color scheme she associated with Christmas, so in her mind, it worked. Honestly, it had taken a lot of willpower to not show up in pajamas with her teddy bear, Elijah, under her arm. Though, now that she thought about it, she really missed her Eli…

Despite her differing religious practices, she found that the Christmas tree was quite extraordinary. In Switzerland, she was always too busy sleeping or skiing to notice how pretty coniferous trees could be. They also looked like they’d be great to sleep under…

Before she knew it, she was curled up under the tree, her shoes next to her and her arms acting as pillows. She was very much asleep.

Last edited:
The First Step to Prowess

Like the obvious genius that I am (lol), I made this code in a fit of inspiration four months ago (according to the date stamp in my Private Workshop). I wasn't doing anything particularly exciting in Anatomy class, so this is what happened instead. I was very proud of myself at the time, considering I'd never made anything so small and compact before. It was a point of pride for myself, and this is actually the code that led to the beginning of my use of hidden scrolls, which up until this code I had been rather terrified of. (Anything in BBCode + territory terrifies me, if I'm being honest.)

And yet, it was all because of this code that I ever dabbled in it at all.

Funny how that works.

Sirena
Acacian Goddess of Flowers
Sirena found that Laurus was continuing to surprise her. Perhaps it was because his first impression of her was contrary to the way he was. Or maybe he really wanted her to go away, but she kept asking him questions, so he felt obliged to answer. Hm. That was probably the case.

It appeared that his earlier comment was still smarting, because as the word troublesome left Laurus’s mouth, Sirena flinched. The dark cloud that had gradually evaporated away as she admired the asphodel begin to creep back over her, only to halt in its progress as Laurus continued. Sirena couldn’t help it; she stared at him. A whim? Was she seriously supposed to believe that?

“A whim?” she spat, rising to her feet. Her hands balled into fists, not that she intended to harm him. She was too weak for that. “What in Acacia could possess you kidnap me on a whim? I am not some object one purchases for their own pleasure.” Heat was rising through her now, consuming her wholly. She was more than angry; she was enraged. “And to think I was beginning to change my opinion of you! I see now you’re exactly as horrible as the rumors make you out to be! You have no business keeping me here for months just because you feel like it!” Disgusted, she began striding away, past Laurus and his stupid tree.

And then the lake changed.

Sirena wasn’t quite sure why the image in the lake changed, but she was glad it did at that very moment. Now, the lake showed her mother, Cecilia, a look of distraught on her unfairly beautiful face. She was talking to the wood nymphs and other nature spirits, probably asking about her whereabouts. It occurred to Sirena that she’d told her mother she’d meet her in the afternoon to help prepare for the birthday festival. Oops.

“Please find her,” came Cecilia’s voice through the water, sounding muffled. “It’s not like her to be this late. I’m worried something’s happened to her.”

Sirena snorted. Something had happened to her, all right. She’d been kidnapped by a jerk!

“I can only hope she’ll return before the festival,” her mother continued. “The people love her so much. It would be a shame for her to disappoint them.”

Of course. Her mother didn’t miss her because she loved her, despite what she claimed. She only missed her because she cared so much about public opinion. Classic.

I’ve heard enough, Sirena thought angrily. Shooting a glare at Laurus, she snarled, “See that? Looks like my mother’s noticed my absence. It won’t be long before she finds someone who saw me fall into that hole of yours.” Turning away, she added, “I hope you have an excuse ready for when my father finds out about this. The King of the Gods has a problem with people messing with his daughter.”

With that, she started again back toward the palace. It wasn’t even over, and this day had already been too much.

Last edited:
A Slight Change

I don't quite remember how it happened, but I was perusing someone's code and found the div that allows hidden scrolling to happen.

It was the beginning of a new era.

The previous code was using a regular scrolly bar, but this next one (with two versions) was how I first figured out the hidden scrolling thing. The first version was my first attempt at it, and after I fiddled around, I got the second version (and proceeded to edit it to coincide with a new roleplay I was using it for.

Because, y'know. Gen.

If those of you who actually look at this thread haven't picked up on my habits yet... you will.

• Sirena
    Acacian Goddess of Flowers
    Sirena found that Laurus was continuing to surprise her. Perhaps it was because his first impression of her was contrary to the way he was. Or maybe he really wanted her to go away, but she kept asking him questions, so he felt obliged to answer. Hm. That was probably the case.

It appeared that his earlier comment was still smarting, because as the word troublesome left Laurus’s mouth, Sirena flinched. The dark cloud that had gradually evaporated away as she admired the asphodel begin to creep back over her, only to halt in its progress as Laurus continued. Sirena couldn’t help it; she stared at him. A whim? Was she seriously supposed to believe that?

“A whim?” she spat, rising to her feet. Her hands balled into fists, not that she intended to harm him. She was too weak for that. “What in Acacia could possess you kidnap me on a whim? I am not some object one purchases for their own pleasure.” Heat was rising through her now, consuming her wholly. She was more than angry; she was enraged. “And to think I was beginning to change my opinion of you! I see now you’re exactly as horrible as the rumors make you out to be! You have no business keeping me here for months just because you feel like it!” Disgusted, she began striding away, past Laurus and his stupid tree.

And then the lake changed.

Sirena wasn’t quite sure why the image in the lake changed, but she was glad it did at that very moment. Now, the lake showed her mother, Cecilia, a look of distraught on her unfairly beautiful face. She was talking to the wood nymphs and other nature spirits, probably asking about her whereabouts. It occurred to Sirena that she’d told her mother she’d meet her in the afternoon to help prepare for the birthday festival. Oops.

“Please find her,” came Cecilia’s voice through the water, sounding muffled. “It’s not like her to be this late. I’m worried something’s happened to her.”

Sirena snorted. Something had happened to her, all right. She’d been kidnapped by a jerk!

“I can only hope she’ll return before the festival,” her mother continued. “The people love her so much. It would be a shame for her to disappoint them.”

Of course. Her mother didn’t miss her because she loved her, despite what she claimed. She only missed her because she cared so much about public opinion. Classic.

I’ve heard enough, Sirena thought angrily. Shooting a glare at Laurus, she snarled, “See that? Looks like my mother’s noticed my absence. It won’t be long before she finds someone who saw me fall into that hole of yours.” Turning away, she added, “I hope you have an excuse ready for when my father finds out about this. The King of the Gods has a problem with people messing with his daughter.”

With that, she started again back toward the palace. It wasn’t even over, and this day had already been too much.

Last edited:
REVERSE REVERSE

So for the first time, I went in REVERSE.

Instead of making a character sheet code, and then changing it into an IC post code... I CHANGED AN IC POST CODE INTO A CS CODE.

*cue mind blown gifs*

Alright, so I actually really proud of this, especially since at the time I was attempting to make a new CS code for a Harry Potter RP that I was really excited about. (Rip to that, though, since I submitted my characters late and then it proceeded to die.) I'm pretty sure Nick Robinson was the only thing keeping me going with this, because I had literally just watched Love, Simon the previous weekend, and y'know. Cute love stories help ya keep going.

I was also really obsessed with the Sedgwick Ave font at the time...

Atticus Rupert Finnigan
It's Safe to Say

Full Name: Atticus Rupert Finnigan

Preferred Name: Atti, Tuck, Ace, Gus

Blood Status: Pureblood (grew up among Muggles)

Date of Birth: April 25

Zodiac: Taurus

Sexuality: Bisexual

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Dogwood, Dragon Heartstring, 11", Springy

Patronus: Tiger
I'm Gonna Get My Payback

Face Claim: Nick Robinson

Hair Color: Light Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 181 lbs

Tattoos/Markings: Burn Scar on Wrist

Distinguishing Features: Look at his bean face. Look at it.
There's Worse Folks to Be Like

Profession: History Professor

Personality:
Atticus is very much like his uncle Seamus, probably as a result of always spending time with him when he was a child. However, unlike his uncle, he has known from a very young age that he has an interest in pyrotechnics. As a result of this hobby (formed, again, as a result of his uncle), Atti has a habit to wonder aloud how to set something on fire. This comes across as pyromania to some, but Atti asks purely for curiosity’s sake—he has no intention of setting the world on fire. He is fond of fire, though, and Incendio is to this day his favorite Charm.

Very friendly and always looking for socialization, Atti loves people, especially fellow Gryffindors. He believes his House is the best House, but he also keeps this belief to himself, as some close friends of his hail from opposing Houses. He’s not one to judge based on someone’s House or blood status, as he thinks that’s half the reason the tragedies of the wizarding world occur. Therefore, he approaches everyone with a smile, regardless of who they are. And if he decides he doesn’t like them, then that’s his problem. For the most part, he does try to befriend everyone to the best of his ability, though he realizes not everyone can be his friend.

Virtues:
Cheerful, Compassionate, Determination, Enthusiastic, Hardworking

Vices:
Pyromania (Slight), Reckless, Selfish, Attention Hog, Lazy

Strengths:
Pyrotechnics, Remembering Useless Facts, Pranks

Weaknesses:
Most Charms, School in General, Following Rules

Quirks:
gives approximate burning times for certain materials, collects Bertie Bott's boxes

Personal Interests:
Pyrotechnics, History, Watching Quidditch
Aw, He'll Be Alright

Biography:
Atticus grew up bothering his Uncle Seamus for stories about his days at Hogwarts. Despite the presence of his brother and sister, Atti much preferred spending time with Seamus, giggling uncontrollably at his recollections of spells backfiring on him. As Atti grew older, he knew he wanted to be just like his uncle—without all the soot on his face.

It started when he was young. Atti began experimenting with pyrotechnics, the stuff his uncle worked with, but of course Atti didn’t quite know what he was doing. At first, this wasn’t a danger, but when he was about nine years old, he did something wrong, and the materials he was working with exploded.

Atti’s family lived among Muggles, as they believed in showing their children the value of Muggle life. It was a struggle hiding their wizardry from the neighbors, but they managed, and they managed well. When Atti’s experiment exploded, however, he drew unwanted attention. When neighbors peeked into the Finnigans’ backyard, they saw a fire, with Atti in the middle of it. Of course, due to his precautions, Atti was found mostly unhurt by the fire when his parents and neighbors put it out. Still, he bears a burn scar on his wrist from the one bad burn he received.

From then on, Atti was more careful. The materials he’d been using in his experiments, though burned, had nearly given away the nature of his family to the neighbors. His parents scolded him soundly, and even his uncle was slightly disappointed. Not wanting to disappoint his beloved uncle further, Atti made sure he was alone outside his small town before he tried any of his pyrotechnics again.

Joyfully, Atti went to Hogwarts, where he was Sorted into his uncle’s House. School went well for him, though his laziness occasionally overshadowed his desire to do well and go into a respectable job. Like his uncle, Charms was not exactly his best subject, though he was proud to discover his wand didn’t backfire and cause the spell to explode on his face. So that was a plus.

As he went through school, Atti discovered he had a great love for the History of the Wizarding World, and he began considering a career based around this interest. His pyrotechnics to this day remain an important part of himself, even as history has slowly eclipsed what his uncle instilled in him. Although at one point he considered working with dragons, so that he’d never be far from fire. (After hearing his uncle’s account of the few dragons he’d seen though, he quickly changed his mind.)
If He's Anything Like Me

Theme Song:
"Anything Like Me" by Brad Paisley

Fun Facts:
~Atti has a cat named Seamus
~He reads Gilderoy Lockhart books purely for laughs
~He keeps a vial of ashes his uncle gave him for good luck

Last edited:
My Pride and Joy

I'm not even sure I quite understand my complete and utter pride in this code. I had just figured out hidden scrolling, and one day, I said, "Hey, let's try this," and I made this lovely code. I guess I'm more proud of the images on the left than anything, but I'd like to think that all those aesthetic junkies out there appreciated my efforts as well. It's really too bad I'm not a big fan of using lowercase for aesthetic... XD

So here's my widdle baby code. I hope you all like it as much as I do. c:

Violet Evslin
~Daughter of Sunlight~

BasicsFull Name: Violet Catherine Evslin
Nickname: Vi, Sunshine
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Godly Parent: Apollo
Face Claim: Hailee Steinfeld
AppearanceHair Color: Wavy Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 132 lbs
Tattoos/Markings: Sun-Shaped Birthmark on Neck
Distinguishing Features: Her Sunny Smile, Birthmark, Burn Scar on Left Hand
PersonalityPersonality:
Violet is your typical nice girl. She's kind and helpful to just about every camper, regardless of whether or not they like her. After all, being part of the Apollo cabin, and thus having duties as a healer, she can't discriminate with her patients. Around those she's known for a while, she's playful and sweet. Along with her helpfulness comes a wise and calming personality that gives solid advice in most social situations. She knows nothing of love, but she's willing to try to help her friends with the problems they might have.

It takes a lot to make Violet truly angry. But if you threaten or hurt her friends, or harass one of her siblings, she will go Mama Bear on you. Camp Half-Blood means everything to her, and messing with it and its campers is taken as a personal insult. It's only when she's truly angry that she's willing to fight for the sake of her family. Her siblings mean the world to her--she clings to them like a lifeline--and she'd do practically anything for them, even if it meant sacrificing herself for them.

While working on a patient, Violet is focused and no-nonsense. Going against her wishes as a "doctor" is probably a bad idea, since she will end up tying you down and forcing you to take your medicine. The only people she'll listen to while in this mode are her siblings who are also healers, as she believes any second opinion on such matters to be valid. However, her kindness still shows in that she tries to make her operations and treatments as painless as possible, so as to make things easier for the patient in question.
Virtues: Optimistic, Generous, Sweet
Vices: Clingy, Vulnerable, Tough Love
Quirks: Tends to fall asleep in the infirmary, Has once or twice tried to heal an animal
Likes: Sunny Days, Kind People, Healing Other Campers, Camp Half-Blood, Her Siblings
Dislikes: Cold Weather, Mean/Selfish People, Violence, Enemies of the Camp, Fire
HistoryHistory:
Violet had a fairly standard childhood, despite being raised in the foster care system. At first, she'd been raised in an orphanage, in which she was loved by practically all the children and caretakers for her kindness and willingness to help in most situations. Soon enough, she was submersed into the foster care system for "better opportunities." Thankfully, the first family she ended up staying with took a shine to her, and she stayed with them from the time she was five to eight years old.

Why did she leave them? She didn't. They, in a sense, left her. Violet's foster sister, Nadia, was only two years older than her, but they became fast friends. The girls were rarely ever separated, so it was especially devastating the night their house set on fire. Violet's foster father ushered a crying Violet out before going back into the house to find his wife and daughter. However, they didn't make it out in time, and Violet had to go to another foster family.

From then on, Violet started seeing strange things. The night of the fire, she could've sworn she saw something crawling away from the house. She never told anyone about these visions, however, as she didn't think anyone would believe her. Her second foster family was nice enough, but she still missed Nadia and her parents. This family understood her grief and gave her the space she needed to heal.

One day, a year after the fire, she was approached by a twelve-year-old boy, one of her new neighbors. He whispered to her, "You seem them, too, right?" and when she asked what he meant, he gave her a serious stare and said, "The monsters, of course." Finally, she'd found someone who understood what she was seeing and didn't think she was crazy. The boy's name was Kevin, and he became the center of Violet's life. He was the one who told her of demigods and convinced her that she was one. She finally understood why she'd been feeling so strange this past year.

After a few months, Kevin convinced Violet to run away with him and a friend of his, Doug, who claimed to be a satyr protector of demigods. Though Violet was wary at first, she agreed, and she left a note for her foster family, saying she was going to find out who her parents were. That wasn't entirely a lie, but she still carries the guilt to this day.

Kevin, Violet, and Doug managed to make it to the outskirts of New York City before the major monsters came. If they could talk, the monsters called Kevin the "son of Love" and Violet the "daughter of Sun" whenever they escaped their clutches. Kevin quickly figured out that he was a son of Aphrodite and Violet was the daughter of Apollo, and the floating symbols that appeared above their heads then confirmed their suspicions.

The two demigods didn't have any training in any type of fighting, so they had to stick to elusive tactics when dealing with monsters. In this way, they both became fairly agile. Doug used his panpipes in emergencies, but otherwise, they survived without any help. Soon enough, they reached the base of Half-Blood Hill, and that was when the hellhounds came. Doug brought out his panpipes and Kevin found a thick branch, and the two fought the beasts, urging Violet to go on ahead. Tears streaming down her face, she did what they said. As soon as she crossed the border, she cried for help. She was barely ten years old at this point and was terrified at the thought of Kevin getting hurt.

Other campers noticed the kerfuffle, and they rushed to her aid. Or, rather, Kevin and Doug's aid. Violet herself was wrapped in a blanket and given some nectar. To her surprise, it tasted like fruit punch. She waited anxiously at the base of the hill until finally she saw campers stumble over the camp boundary. Doug, with the help of another camper, carried Kevin over the hill. Violet rushed to his side as he was laid on the ground to be inspected by a healer. To her surprise, when she touched him, she could sense where he was hurt...which was everywhere. He was bleeding badly from multiple wounds. She looked into Kevin's eyes, and he instantly knew he wouldn't make it. Taking her hand gently in his, he murmured, "Don't cry, Vi. I promise I'll always stay with you." He took off the ring he always wore on his finger--a gift from his mother to his father--and gave it to her. A few moments later, he was gone.

Violet stayed at the camp from then on in the Apollo Cabin. Though she was indeed disheartened and full of grief after Kevin's death, she moved on and became acclimated to life at Camp Half-Blood, training in archery and learning how to control her demigod powers. Her siblings and fellow campers became her new family, and every now and then, she still got to see Doug, who still beats himself up for losing Kevin. It wasn't long before she became the counselor of her cabin. Now, she tries to set an example to both her siblings and younger campers, as well as other counselors. In her eyes, all of them are in the same boat, and as such, all of them are needed to keep the ship sailing. She still lives by that philosophy.
Theme Song: "Fly" by Avril Lavigne
Powers and AbilitiesPower:
Radiant Sun
Sometimes, in the right conditions, Violet can shine with the light of the sun and blind her enemies. If she concentrates hard enough, she can bend the light and refract it to shine in a desired direction. However, she has yet to master this power, and it will not work in conditions where there is no sunlight.
Drawbacks:
Violet is significantly weaker on rainy days, since there is no sunlight. It's not like she won't be able to function, but she won't be as good in a fight, nor will she be able to use her powers. Basically, she's a walking solar panel.
Skills:
Archery
Vi isn't the sharpest sharpshooter, but she's no slouch when it comes to the one activity that connects her to her father.
Healing
For the most part, Vi is one of the top healers at Camp Half-Blood.
Weapon:
True to the image of her father, Vi uses a bow and arrow. However, because she's not the best with fighting or even archery, she really doesn't like violence of any sort and chooses to only use it during emergencies.
Strengths:
healing, using bow and arrow when focused, sunlight power
Weaknesses:
cannot use bow under duress (too emotional), barely active on rainy/dark days, falls asleep should she work too hard healing people
OtherInventory:
Bow
A standard Camp Half-Blood bow. She practices her archery at least three times a week, since (as she says) she's average as an archer. She carries it plus a quiver of arrows at all times on her back.
Portable First Aid Kit
Like all good medics, Violet carries around a First Aid kit in case someone needs a band aid or needs on-the-spot assistance. This is strapped around her waist. She restocks it weekly.
Charm Bracelet
When Apollo and Violet's mother first met, he gave her a charm bracelet. Later, when her mother gave her up, she left that bracelet with her daughter so she'd always remember that her mother did indeed love her. Violet faithfully wears this every day and rarely goes anywhere without it. She likes to think that she carries a little part of her mother and father with her everywhere she goes.
Kevin's Ring
Violet wears the ring Kevin gave her to this day. It's a simple gold band with floral design on it. She never has the heart to explain where it came from to those who don't know.
Camp Beads
Violet has a camp necklace with eight beads for every summer she's been there. She never takes it off, and she can often be found twirling the beads when deep in thought.

Last edited:
Okay, So...

This isn't actually a new code. It's the previous one, but used for a different purpose. That probably seems stupid to separate them, but it didn't seem right to put them with the other variations of the previous code. I dunno, I guess my brain's being weird again. No surprise, though, right?

Right...

Just humor me. XD

[Hearts]

Rabbit
Oliver and Avril

He had known this would happen. He had been fully aware what this manga series did to him. And yet, he was still a sobbing mess on the floor, clutching the responsible volume of Fruits Basket to his chest. Stupid Momiji. Stupid manga.

Stupid tears rolling down his stupid face.

Olly wasn't sure when she entered the room, but before he knew it, Avie was hovering over him, a concerned expression marring her perfect, beautiful face. "Ça va?" If he hadn't been crying, Olly would have smiled. The French language had always had a calming effect on him, much like the mere presence of Avie. Having both in the same room worked better than one or the other, and Avie knew that well.

She knew him well.

Struggling to sit up without use of his arms, still holding the book, Olly sniffled and said in a tearstained voice, "Non. Je suis triste."

"Pourquoi?" Her French lilt lifted at the end with worry.

He held out the book, his thumb still marking the page where Momiji started crying, having realized his Sohma curse was broken. Avie's brow furrowed; like everyone else in the apartment, she didn't quite understand whenever he tried to explain his fictional interests. He had read this series once before, during a time in which he had no Avie, no pain, none of these tears that were rolling down his face. Now, the pain resonated through his chest, sympathizing with the tears that were rolling down Momiji's cheeks. He understood. Oh, how he understood.

Rather than attempting to figure out what was making him sad, Avie wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling his head to her chest. She let him cry, stroking his head as his mother did when he was a child. He was no longer a child, but he liked to think that he was, in a sense, Avie's child, even though he was more protective of her than she was of him. It simply wasn't in her to think of these things. Olly hoped she never lost that bright view of the world, as he had all those years ago.

Finally, he sobbed, "How can he be okay with this? With any of it? He broke the curse, but he can't mend it all. His mother has no idea who he is, his sister doesn't know they're actually related, and he can't be with the one he loves because she loves someone else. Why? Why is he still able to smile after all this?"

Avie pulled a blanket off of his bed and wrapped it around him. Looking him in the eye, she said earnestly, "Not every smile is genuine. But not every fake smile is entirely fake." She smiled then, a tiny thing reserved for when she was reflecting on her own pain and heartache. It was the only smile in her repertoire that made Olly feel hollow inside, rather than whole.

He bowed his head. "I'm sorry."

"No need. I don't think he minds." He heard her pick up the book and flip through it until she found a drawing of him smiling. "Look. I think that is a genuine smile." Leaving a small kiss on Olly's forehead, Avie added, "I think that's one happy bunny."

Olly laughed, though it sounded wet with his sobs. "I think he is."

"All it takes is a little forgiveness and letting go," she murmured, placing the book back in his hands, still open to the page with the smiling Momiji.

Avie stood up and tilted her head, her brilliant smile back on her face. "Now, come on, Olly--it's movie night!" She flounced out of the room, presumably to go wake up Cassy.

Olly stayed there for a moment, staring at the book in his hands. Touching the picture with his right hand, he smiled and said, "Thank you, Momiji. I'll try."

With that, he put the book back on his bed and left the room, his blanket still lying in a puddle on his floor.

Because unlike your curse, Momiji, I know my bonds will never break.

Fin

Last edited:
What Even is This?

I'm gonna be real, I have no idea how the hell I pulled this off. I'm pretty sure it was just a freaking miracle I made this look even half as good as it's supposed to. Oh, man. There was a lot of adjustments made to pull this off.

I'm pretty sure I was so impressed and horrified with myself, I never wanted to anything with this ever again, so I never made any variations XD Good news for you all, though! Your eyes won't have to bleed too much in the process. XD

Uncaged Blood
In a World Ruled by Vampires

The Fonteyn family, a bloodline of vampires, has ruled over the kingdom of Fontenell for nearly one thousand years. Under their rule, humans have lived in relative oppression. Vamps can take blood whenever they want, and should they choose to take someone as a blood slave, they can't object. Thus, the humans live in fear of attack by a common vampire or even one from the aristocracy. Though the life of a blood slave entails luxury, it's not freedom. There have been far too many unsuccessful revolts in centuries past; the vamps are just too powerful. But this time, the rebels have an advantage: help from within the castle.

~~~

The elder Fonteyn son and heir to the throne, Aleron, greatly supports the ideology that has ruled Fontenell for a millenia. Vampires are clearly the superior race, so why shouldn't they rule? Phoenix and Lyllith, his siblings, disagree. They've seen how the humans suffer under the rule of the vampires. They're not happy, and they never have been. The younger prince and princess know this needs to change. But how to do it?

On a secret jaunt outside the castle, Lyllith meets a rebel, in turn finding the Uncaged Birds, a rebel faction that has operated without the monarchy's knowledge for five years. They welcome her with open arms, thinking her to be a poor girl living on the streets. But some random misstep, they discover she is indeed the vampire princess, but the rebel she met before stops them before they can do anything to her. He reasons that having someone within the castle, and the royal family to boot, would be of great help to their cause. The Birds grudgingly agree and accept Lyllith into their ranks, as well as Phoenix, who had secretly tailed his sister on her adventure outside.

If they overthrow Aleron, they'll finally free the humans from vampire oppression.
Of Fonteyns and Uncaged Birds

These are the main characters. Although these descriptions are the basis for them, whoever plays them will have the freedom to develop them however they want! I would like for these roles to be filled before considering any other characters. c:

Aleron Riskel Fonteyn (23) ~ Open
Aleron is cold and calculating, much like his parents. The dignity of his race matters the most to him, and he believes his siblings to be incredibly naive to support the side of humans. To servants, he's harsh and demanding, and his brother and sister are nod different. His parents dote on him, much to the ire of the second son and first daughter.
(WILL MOST LIKELY BE NPC THAT I WILL COVER)

Phoenix Edmond Fonteyn (19) ~ Open
Phoenix is young and reckless but also very thoughtful. He chooses his words carefully and tends to think through things before deciding on an action. Though his parents favor Aleron, they praise him on his skill in war strategy and critical thinking. He's often consulted on how to fix a problem within the kingdom such as natural disasters, crime sprees, and other concerns.

Lyllith Violeta Fonteyn (17) ~ AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Lyllith may seem weak and girly, but she's tough if given the chance. She picks fights with Aleron because of his obviously wrong ideas, but she's closer to Phoenix than practically anybody. Her parents treat her as inferior due to her status as the youngest sibling, and they insist that she marry an aristocrat. She'd rather marry someone she actually cares about, though. That's what leads her to venture outside of the castle and into the kingdom.

Duncan Mauntell (25) ~ Open
Duncan is the leader of the Uncaged Birds. He's highly respected and trusted among his subordinates, and everyone takes his word as law. In their eyes, he's the wise leader who should take the throne once they overthrow the Fonteyns, but he'd rather leave it to someone else. Out of everyone he trusts, his lieutenant is the one he trusts the most.

Lyra Coffyn (24) ~ Open
Lyra is Ducan's lieutenant and the secondary leader of the Birds. Duncan is the only one she truly trusts, but the others are very much like her children. She's the first to scold mischief makers and she's very no nonsense. However, there's something very vulnerable about her, and that may come from the secret that no one knows: she's a vampire.

Kentin Monteacute (18) ~ Open
Kentin is the rebel Lyllith met in the city, and he's the one who convinced Duncan and the others not to kill her on the spot when they found out what she was. He doesn't particularly care for vampires, but he does value the rebellion and if there's even the slightest chance that this strategy could land them a victory, he'll take it. Normally, he does the scouting for missions the Birds carry out.

Cassiana Alington (17) ~ Open
Cassiana is the weapons expert of the Birds, and she's the first to make it clear to Phoenix that he's not welcome here. Duncan is her idol, and she looks up to him. Some say she has a crush on him, but she always denies it vehemently. There's no room for love in a rebellion.
Other Records

The plan is, this will be a detailed RP. It's based on plot, yes, but character development and relationships between characters will be important, too. (And yes, I'm hoping for some sort of romance in places where it seems most apparent.) As this is detailed, I expect at least two descriptive paragraphs per post. The story depends not just on me, but also on you. I need everyone working together to move the story along. That's the only way we'll truly have fun with this.

To make sure no one commits to something they can't do, I will require that those who want to join are committed and can do at least one post per week. (I have a life, too... and it kinda takes precedence.) And for those of you who want a specific part, I will need you to post a sample of your writing below your CS, and I will confirm/choose from there. c:

Rules N' Such

Please respect your fellow players. Like really. Let's not insult/criticize/indirectly antagonize anyone. I've seen it all. Not fun. If you have a problem with another player, please inform me first. Or be a badass and tell them that what they're doing isn't cool. No, but seriously. Tell me first.

TELL ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABSENT. IF SOMETHING CAME UP UNEXPECTEDLY, TELL ME WHEN YOU COME BACK. DO NOT JUST DISAPPEAR. I WILL EITHER PRETEND YOUR CHARACTER DOESN'T EXIST OR KILL THEM. (Jk, I'll just let someone else have them...)

Please follow RPN rules.

I'm the GM. I will whup your ass if I see the need. c: (Or I'll let Lyllith do it for me... whichever comes first.)

All good?
Please comment with the phrase "Maya Angelou" if you read everything. DO IT.

Last edited:
What Happens When You Can't Code...

So after realizing the centerblock code was never gonna cut me any slack (I've given up on it, basically), I went digging around by peeking at other codes to see how the hell I could finally get one to obey me. The result was this code, and even though the texty bit itself is really small, I still rather like how this all turned out. This was probably my first attempt to actually work a div that wasn't a picture-sizing one.

But yeah, I'm still too amateur to bother with that div class-no br-indenting every third thing in the code stuff yet.

That shit is scary, man.

Felix Simone

Mood: Kinda Miffed | Location: Outside Ballroom | With: N/A
Mentions: Vera, Elsie, Fleur | Tags: | Oufit: Felly

Felix had spent the remainder of his first day back at Beaufort in complete and utter boredom. He supposed he could have entertained himself by spending time with Vera, as she had oh-so-casually suggested following his return from the wonderful land of rabbits. Instead of humoring her, however, he’d simply turned on his heel and left the room to find one of his acquaintances. As he’d told his mother, he needed to procure a little more protection for himself, seeing as his—ahem—hobbies tended to err on the side of frequency.

Most of this day had been spent sleeping. He’d forgotten how tempting it was, when he was home, to simply stay up all night and read. A good night’s sleep was a rare occurrence for him when school was not in session. Then again, he wasn’t known to sleep much during school either… but that was another matter entirely.

Perhaps he should’ve felt like a jerk for ignoring Vera like that. At the same time, though, her presence had felt suffocating. She was a lot like him, and remaining too close to her was like looking in a mirror. A very sexy mirror.

He hated staring at his own reflection.

…except right now, because DAYUM, he looked good. A part of him had wondered if he was going too far, wearing a tuxedo that was gray as opposed to the standard black. He found, however, that the gray accentuated his jet-black hair more, as did the touches of blue. It was amazing, really, how such a dull and dreary color could be brought to life on the right body and with the right primary color. Not that he knew anything about any of that. His mask was somewhat boring, but all that mattered was if the ladies could look him in the eyes. They were his most seductive feature.

Stretching his arms above his head, he let out a huge yawn. Man, he was tired. Maybe he wasn’t up for this ball thing tonight. Naturally, many a girl had asked many a time if he would be their date, but he preferred to keep his options open. Not to mention, if he tied himself down to one girl, he would be disappointing so many others.

Also, none of the askers were all that interesting.

Felix sat on the main staircase, staring lazily down at the entryway. Something about this day had really irked him, and he couldn’t put a finger on it. Maybe it was because his companion in flirting, Fleur Caron, had not paid him a visit yet. Then again, he’d heard some rumor about her roommate, so perhaps he held little appeal to her now. That was a shame. Her French accent had always been a source of entertainment for him.

With a sigh, Felix leaned his elbows back on the stair above him. From what he’d heard from his acquaintance, there had already been quite a few incidents that had occurred while he’d been reading and sleeping. How was it that he had missed all the fun? Honestly. This was annoying. Hopefully attending this ball would give him the chance to actually witness the interesting events.

Yawning again, Felix thought, Hm, maybe this year will be the year I actually attempt to change something. A pause. Then, Ha! Nah.

Last edited:
Not the Best, But...

And after some mild death, I'm back!

I made this code specifically for a small group RP I have, and it actually took me a while to realize the images on the right are spaced a little farther from the scroll box than the ones on the left. That kinda pissed me off once I realized, but it's really no harm, no foul. You can't really tell over your AWE of the pretty images.

Yeah, this is basically the CS code a couple posts above, but with more images, but I was still overly proud of it.

Cut me some slack, man, I like reusing what works. XD

Violet Evslin
( Mood: Sleepy/Sunny| Scenario: Sleep is Important! | Mentions: N/A | With: Mat, (Kevin), Spencer | Tags: | Outfit: X )

Violet smiled down at Kevin, who seemed to be responding well to Mat’s attention. She couldn’t exactly tell what Mat was hearing from Kevin, but it must’ve been amusing, judging by the scolding tone she picked up from his whisperings to the rabbit. With a slight giggle, Violet got up to go get Kevin some food, coming back with a few carrots in her arms. She’d feed herself later—maybe after getting some sleep—so she contented herself with watching Kevin nibble on some carrots.

Sometime in the time she’d been gone, Spencer, one of the Hephaestus campers, had sat down next to Mat. She nodded his way with a smile. “Morning, Spencer!” Taking a seat on Mat’s other side, she placed a carrot in front of Kevin. Hearing Spencer’s question, she glanced up at Mat. She hadn’t noticed the dark circles under his eyes—she’d been too worried about his arm! What kind of sister didn’t notice how tired her brother was?

“Oh, Matty, you couldn’t sleep? You should’ve come and told me! I was in the infirmary all night. At some point, I fell asleep…” She punctuated this recounting with a yawn, which was probably not helping her “advice.” With a sheepish smile, she turned her attention over to Spencer. “At least tell me you got some sleep! I’d feel awful if everyone at camp was having trouble sleeping!”

The infirmary had sleep medicine, right?

Last edited:
A Special Occasion

After another mild death, I'm back again! Although for the most part, I don't actually have new codes I've made, I haven't posted all I have.

I made this specifically to make it easier to read my somewhat long entry for the Flirty February contest. (I liked that story, honestly, and am still quite proud of it.) Because it involved four characters, I wanted the chance to have their faces known for anyone who was reading them.

The images are a little big, which made the scroll box super large, and perhaps that should've been edited. But it wasn't, so this is what I got. Anyway.

It's not a terribly complicated code, although it took a LOT of finagling to get it to be how I wanted it.

“Another one, Cole, my man. Got to ease the pain,” Castiel Valdez slurred, placing his empty shot glass in front of him and resting his chin on the paneled wood of the bar. His friend, Coleson McKinney, was working behind the bar, wiping down an empty glass, more for appearance than for the sake of actually cleaning the glass. Cassy had come to visit him after a long day working on his precious flower garden. Sometimes, you just needed a good ol’ shot of cold hard alcohol to help keep you grounded.

Oh, man, he was hanging out with Cole too much.

Cole raised an eyebrow at him. “I hate to break this to you, Cassy, but as your friend and friendly neighborhood bartender, I’m going to have to cut you off.”

Cassy glared up at him. “Why?”

Leaning an elbow on the bar, Cole bent down so he was eye level with Cassy. “Because, Cassy, when you get this drunk, I have to carry you home. And stay by your side all night.” Both of his eyebrows lifted high up on his forehead, and Cassy knew, even through his addled brain, that Cole was right. Maybe cutting him off was for the best.

Pressing his face into the bar, Cassy mumbled, “I just don’t know what to do, Cole.”

“About being in love with your best friend but not being able to tell her because you’re a playboy and that could potentially ruin any type of relationship you might want with her?”

“Uh… yeah. That. Wait. How did you know?” Cassy lifted his face, glancing at Cole with narrowed eyes.

Cole looked away with a grin. “I know exactly how you feel.”

Oh. Duh.

Cassy sighed. “We’re a couple of sorry excuses for men, aren’t we?” he grumbled, running his finger along the rim of his shot glass.

“We’re exactly like every other man in love, my friend—we’re avoiding our problems by turning to alcohol. I can’t count how many shots I’ve had tonight.” Cole slid a couple of shots toward a pair of girls waiting at the other end of the bar. They giggled at the wink he sent them, and Cassy saw in his eyes that he was indeed intoxicated.

“How the hell do you manage that?” Cassy asked.

“When you work in a bar, Cassy, you have all the tolerance in the world,” Cole replied, sending another wink toward a boy who walked by. Man, he was good. “Cassy, my dear friend, get on out there. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this bar who finds you attractive.”

Cassy rolled his eyes, but he spun around on his barstool and stood up anyway. At least he wasn’t drunk enough to be incapable of flirting. He checked his belt to make sure his pouch of flowers was still there—it was quite possible he would need to employ his usual cheesy-but-endearing methods. The language of flowers was surprisingly effective when trying to win a lady over.

Or… maybe not. As soon as Cassy stood up, he felt dizzy. Of course, this was probably because he’d stood up too fast while his brain was addled. It also didn’t help that the music was pulsing through his head without the distraction of conversation. He glanced back at Cole, who stuck his tongue out and pointed into the crowd. “Go,” he mouthed.

Melting into the crowd, Cassy searched the faces around him for someone he could talk to. There was no denying that everyone here had something attractive about them—a cute dimple in their cheek, a lip piercing, long eyelashes, the features were endless. Dammit, this was harder than Cole had made it sound. It had been far too long since Cassy had done this. Wasn’t it back in Spain when he’d last searched the crowd for someone to flirt with?

A flash of a smile caught his eye, and he turned to see a lovely girl sitting in a corner booth, leaning her chin on her hand as she watched the crowd dancing. He wasn’t sure what it was about her that intrigued him, but her smile reminded him of someone.

Of Rafael.

All the more reason to flirt with her, then. Cassy slid into the booth seat across from her. “Sorry to interrupt your deep thinking, but I’m afraid I am quite intoxicated and required the use of a seat.” Even as he spoke, he felt the bass pounding through his head. He hoped he wasn’t going to get a headache.

The girl leaned back in her seat, a grin dancing on her lips as she met his gaze. “It’s no trouble at all. I love your accent. Where are you from?”

“Outside Barcelona.”

“Ah, a Spaniard! What’s your opinion on American football?”

“It is a farce of a sport. The only true futbol is that of Spain.”

She laughed. How was it that one woman could so perfectly embody both loves of his life? This was painful. And he couldn’t even think straight.

Cassy lifted a hand to his forehead. “I need to stop thinking so much.”

His companion interlaced her fingers and rested her chin on them. “What are you thinking so hard about?”

He grinned at her, though it was a little crooked from the building headache he had. “How to win you over.”

She laughed. “Aren’t you bold.”

“I try.”

“What’s that you got around your waist?” she asked, pointing to his pouch.

“Ah, this is a bag of magic tricks. I grew them myself.” He reached inside his pouch and pulled out a white carnation. “Straight from the garden of Eden to you.” With a smile, Cassy handed it to the girl. “A clavel for you.”

She smiled. “It’s beautiful. You really grow them yourself?”

“That I do. In fact, I…” Dizziness swept over him again, and he wondered if maybe he should’ve gone straight home rather than try to pursue anyone. His headache screeched through his head, and he shut his eyes, trying to fend it off, to no avail.

Dammit, Cole, this is all your fault, he thought, right before he passed out.

~ ~ ~​

Cassy opened his eyes to a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes hovering over him. He blinked, and then he as able to make out the face that went along with them. “Avril?” he croaked, putting a hand to his head. The headache had somehow gotten worse. But at least he was back home and not passed out in the bar. Speaking of which, how had he gotten home?

Avie handed him a glass of water, which he gulped greedily. “Cole brought you home. He said he saw you pass out while talking to someone. Are you alright, Cassy?” The lilt of her French accent soothed his headache, and Cassy’s lips turned up in a smile. How he loved her voice.

“I’m fine, Azucena,” he assured her.

“Looks like Mr. Smooth is finally awake.”

Cassy’s eyes struggled to focus on Cole, who sat in an armchair across from the couch he was lying on. His eyebrows raised as he recognized Nomika’s head on his lap. She was fast asleep, but that was no surprise, considering her narcolepsy. Meeting his gaze, Cole winked. He looked a little too pleased. Cassy quipped, “I may be awake, but you’re the one who’s on Cloud Nine.”

Cole shrugged. “Guilty as charged. They were worried about us. Mostly you, but apparently Nomika’s able to tell when I’m drunk.” He smiled down at the girl sleeping on his lap. Their friendship was quite the same as Cassy and Avie’s, but like them, they understood each other better than the rest of their friends.

Avie interjected, “Do you need anything, Cassy? More water?”

“No, Azucena, I’m fine, thank you. Your smile is enough.” He nearly flinched at how cliché he sounded, but Avie's smile widened.

Cole checked his phone. “How about that. It’s Valentine’s Day. Woop-dee-doo.” Though his tone was anything but excited, he was smiling, his hand gently running through Nomika’s hair.

The idea of the holiday dedicated to love made Cassy nervous to look at Avie. She had seen him passed out from drunkenness—that was the opposite of romantic! Now he definitely couldn’t give her any lilies; she would only see his drunken ass passed out on the couch. Dammit!

“Hey, Cassy, didn’t you have something you wanted to give Avie today?” Cole singsonged, a damningly teasing smile on his face. Cassy shot him a glare, but Cole just raised his eyebrows. Nomika started and lifted her head, watching Cassy with bleary eyes.

Avie gave him a puzzled look, and then she looked back down at Cassy, who was racking his brain, trying to get out of it. Then he sighed. “Cole, you’ll have to get it for me.”

“With pleasure.” Cole stood up (causing Nomika to look up at him like a puppy whose owner is leaving the house) and left the room. A few moments later, he came back with a bouquet of lilies. He handed it to Cassy, who couldn’t resist sniffing them. They were still fresh—but then, he’d arranged the bouquet today.

“For you, Azucena. A bouquet of white azucenas.” From the moment Cassy had met Avie, he had known that the white lily had fit her perfectly—in the language of flowers, it represented purity, and Avie was the purest soul he had ever met. It was one of the many reasons he loved her, not that she would ever know. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Azucena.”

Cole sat down on the floor beside Nomika, grinning at him. Nomika slumped against him, her head on his shoulder, but she was smiling as well. Was it just Cassy, or were they holding hands?

Avie’s smile could have lit up the entire Milky Way galaxy. She gently caressed the flowers of the many lilies which Cassy had grown himself in his rooftop garden. The ribbon wrapped around their stems was a pale orange, her favorite color. He had not included a card, though he’d considered it. What better time than Valentine’s Day to confess your true feelings? But he supposed there would be another opportunity. It was worth it to see the expression on her face.

Cassy met Cole’s eyes again, and they exchanged a small smile. Although they were both cowards and could not bring themselves to tell their best friends about their feelings, they had somehow managed to make both girls happy on the most important day for love. Apparently all they had to do was get drunk for it to happen… not that Cassy wanted to repeat the experience.

After a few moments, Avie lifted her head and met Cassy’s eyes. Her hazel eyes were shining like the city lights outside the window, and he reached out one hand to cup her cheek. She leaned into his touch and, in her beautiful, beautiful voice, murmured, “Happy Valentine’s Day, Cassy.”

And it was.

Word Count: 1828

Castiel "Cassy"

Coleson "Cole"

Avril "Avie"

Naomi "Nomika"

Last edited:
A Mixture

Truth time: this code is a mixture of my coding and not my coding. The tabs came from the tab generator created by Alteras Alteras . The only things I figured out were (a) image placement ; (b) scrolls in the tabs ; and (c) how to get the text to start at the same place in each tab. (I don't know if any of you have ever used the tab generator, but the text has a nasty habit of starting lower and lower with each new tab.

Now, I'm including the "variation" in the next post because these types of tab-y codes like messing with you and I don't know how to fix it.

So, anyway, here's a code I used all of one time that is mostly not mine but you know, we like to think Gen is learning. XD

Credits are given where credits are due. c:
Code:
[row][column=span1]
[/column]
[column=span2]
[div=background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/d7/d1/71d7d13641c662b58f48dfc68c6635e7.gif');background-size:cover;margin:0 auto;border:2px #192316 solid;color: #000000;height:300px;width:200px;border-radius:200px;padding:0px;background-position: 50% 40%;][/div][/column]
[column=span4]
[nobr] [import]9010974[/import] [comment][font=Poor Story]font[/font][/comment] [class=values] --tabStyle: row wrap; --contentStyle: column nowrap; --tab-txt-align: center; --tab-txt-color: White; --bg-color: #316C31; --fontFamily: 'Poor Story'; --fontSize: 20px; --tab-hover-color: #ffffff; --tab-hover-bg: #458534;--tab-select-color: #ffffff; --tab-select-bg: #7BB35A; [/class] [/nobr][div class="tabContainer values"][nobr] [div class=tabHolder] [div class="tab selected"][div class=tabID]1Tab[/div]Basics[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]2Tab[/div]Appearance[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]3Tab[/div]Personality[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]4Tab[/div]Background[/div] [div class=tab][div class=tabID]5Tab[/div]Other[/div] [/div][/nobr] [div class=tabContentHolder][div class="tabContent 1"][scroll=250px][FONT=Pangolin][CENTER][I]"I am a Lost Boy, from Neverland, usually hanging out with Peter Pan."[/I]

[heightrestrict=150][IMG]https://i2.wp.com/celebmix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/connor-frantas-top-videos-of-2015-01.jpeg?fit=758%2C426&ssl=1[/IMG][/heightrestrict]
[B]Name:[/B] Percy Papillon
(Translation: Percy the Butterfly c; )

[B]Nickname:[/B] Perry, Perce, Percy Jackson, His Royal Jackass (by Gen)

[B]Age:[/B] 19

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Sexuality:[/B] Pansexual

[B]Occupation:[/B] 
High School Student, Being the Most Fantastic Human in Existence
(Being the Biggest Jackass Possible) [/CENTER][/FONT][/scroll][/div] [div class="tabContent 2"][scroll=250px][FONT=Pangolin][CENTER][I]"And when we're bored we play in the woods, always on the run from Captain Hook."[/I]

[heightrestrict=150][IMG]https://www.tubefilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/gap-connor-franta.jpg[/IMG][/heightrestrict]
[B]Face Claim:[/B] Connor Franta

[B]Hair Color:[/B] Light Brown

[B]Eye Color:[/B] Green

[B]Height:[/B] 5'9"

[B]Weight:[/B] 148 lbs

[B]Body Type:[/B] Athletic

[B]Tattoos/Piercings/Etc.:[/B] [URL='https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/47/71/464771379628888f2b71bbc04011ad8f.jpg']Second Star to the Right[/URL]
(The tattoo may or may not be the actual stars from Neverland...) [/CENTER][/FONT][/scroll][/div] [div class="tabContent 3"][scroll=250px][FONT=Pangolin][CENTER][I]"'Run, run, Lost Boy,' they say to me. Away from all of reality..."[/I]

[heightrestrict=150][IMG]
http://www.conversationsabouther.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/connor-franta.jpg[/IMG][/heightrestrict]
[B]Personality:[/B]
In case you couldn't tell, Percy's kind of a jackass. He acts like he's above it all, when the truth couldn't be farther from it. Percy likes to be in control all day, every day, and when he's not, it's not okay. In fact, should anything defy his power (or perceived power), he'll go ballistic. If something doesn't go his way, he turns into a veritable volcano, capable of scaring the crap out of even his best friend, Tinkerbell. Seeing Percy when he's angry is a bad idea, because it's when he's angry that all the awful pranks and blackmail come into play. And Percy means business whenever those come around.

Other than this obviously terrifying side, Percy is pretty much Skull Crescent's resident troublemaker. Skipping class, playing pranks, throwing parties, general silliness--those are some defining traits of perhaps the most famous boy in town. His narcissism is rather annoying, but something about him charms you anyway. Not to mention Percy's inherent childish side that helps him bring out a pout whenever he wants somebody to come with him somewhere or do something with him. He's always looking to have fun. Actually, he seems to have a [I]need[/I] to have fun, though no one can really put their finger on why...

Percy is always dreaming, always living in a world away from reality. "The longer I dream, the longer I can avoid growing up," he says, though none are really sure why he so detests the idea of growing up. Still, he retains his childish nature and an insatiable desire to stay forever young, and he hates reminders that he and everyone around him is growing slower older...

[B]Likes:[/B]
Flying, Everything Where He Wants It, Stars, Tinkerbell, The Lost Boys, Flirting, Causing Trouble

[B]Dislikes:[/B]
Meddlers, Being Defied, Growing Up, Captain Hook, Wendy's (Won't Say Why), School [/CENTER][/FONT][/scroll][/div] [div class="tabContent 4"][scroll=250px][FONT=Pangolin][CENTER][I]"Neverland is home to lost boys like me."[/I]

[heightrestrict=150][IMG]https://assets.bonappetit.com/photos/57bf23af6a6acdf3485df506/master/w_1200,c_limit/connor-franta-headshot.jpg[/IMG][/heightrestrict]
[B]Past Life Bio:[/B]
[I]"Peter Pan, that's what they call me."[/I]

When Peter Pan was only a few years old, he ran away from his parents. Their rules were too restrictive, their mannerisms garish. Peter only ever wanted to play and have fun, and that's what he did in Kensington garden for a few years. His desire to never grow out of his childish state was enough for him to be brought to Neverland, a magical island where he would never have to grow up. There, he met a fairy named Tinkerbell, and with the help of her pixie dust and his belief, he was able to fly.

There were others, of course, young boys who also desired to stay young forever. Together, they formed a band of Lost Boys, a ragtag group of troublemakers who always had fun wherever they went. At some point, Peter met James Hook, and it was Peter who cut off his hand. From then on, they were arch nemeses, but no matter how many tricks Hook tried to use, Peter always beat him. Always.

Then the Darlings came to Neverland. Of course, it had been Peter who found them, taking an interest in Wendy and her wild imagination. Their adventures in Neverland were grand, if brief, but when they left, they left a hole in Peter's heart. What could possess them to leave Neverland, to grow [I]old[/I], when all he'd wanted was the opposite?

From then on, Peter grew bitter. Resentful. Spiteful. His sweet home of Neverland became a cage, a place of bittersweet memories. A place no longer of dreams, but of nightmares.

It was then he found the spell. The spell that would allow him to start over, renew the fun he once had. Thanks to all his years flying with the aid of pixie dust, Peter had a little magic flowing through him, and he used it to cast a spell that whisked Neverland and its inhabitants away. The spell helped he create the American town of Skull Crescent, where Neverland's inhabitants live as normal humans with memories that Peter has imbued in their memories. Only he remembers the truth of their origins, the real stories of these friends and neighbors.

And he intends to keep them here, no matter what.

[B]Current Life Bio:[/B]
[I]"I promise that you'll never be lonely."[/I]

Unlike everyone else in Skull Crescent, Peter (or Percy) has no false memories, as it was he who cast the spell. However, he does tell this general story to the town:

Percy Papillon has been a troublemaker from the moment he was born. Everyone in Skull Crescent knows this. He's never quite grown up, and he shows no desire to. But that's fine, so long as he doesn't burn down the entire town.

Percy and his best friend Arianna have known each other forever, and they're practically inseparable. Arianna is Percy's closest confidant, despite being a girl (as he loves to tease), but he knows he can count on her for anything. She's the only one who can truly understand him, and for that he is grateful.

No one really knows anything about Percy's parents, as they are always away on business, but rumor has it they are high profile executives of a large company who settled down in Skull Crescent for some peace and quiet. That would explain how Percy is able to pay for all of his troublemaking ways. In a way, Percy has been living on his own for a long time, but he doesn't seem lonely. In fact, he doesn't seem to understand the notion that he has parents at all...

How Percy graduated high school is a mystery. He almost never went to class, but he passed his classes anyway, and now he's in college. What the hell is up with this dude?

[I]"And ever since that day..."[/I] [/CENTER][/FONT][/scroll][/div] [div class="tabContent 5"][scroll=250px][FONT=Pangolin][CENTER][I]"Neverland, I love you so, you are now my home sweet home."[/I]

[heightrestrict=150][IMG]https://yt3.ggpht.com/a-/AAuE7mBE5YfI3GZ2BxiW8NuPQDw3G69Ec-xhbWt-_w=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no[/IMG][/heightrestrict]
[B]Magical Power:[/B]
[U]Magic[/U]
Percy has a little bit of magic that allows him to cast spells, such as illusions or anything that can be found in a spellbook. This allows him a range of things he can do, though the most he does with it at the moment is make things float.
NOTE: He is the only one who does not need a memory trigger and therefore the only one with a magical power at the moment.

[B]Drawbacks/Limitations:[/B]
* As of right now, Percy's magic is rather weak--an unfortunate side effect to this whole curse thing.
* Percy's magic drains his energy. Were he to perform a large-scale spell, such as the one the curse used, he would have to drain a significant reserve of energy.

[B]Theme Song:[/B]
[URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58TBZnvyGwQ']"Lost Boy" by Ruth B[/URL]
&
[URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-So18lI2dg']"Eien no Puzzle" by Hanae Natsuki[/URL]

[B]Relationships:[/B]
N/A

[I]"And lost boys like me are FREE."[/I]
[I]"Forever a lost boy... at last."[/I] [/CENTER][/FONT][/scroll][/div] [/div] [/div]
[CENTER][FONT=Macondo]Coding by [USER=39718]@AnimeGenork[/USER]
Tabs Generated Courtesy of [URL='https://www.rpnation.com/threads/bbcode-tab-generator.405937/']Alteras[/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/column]
[/row]

Last edited:
I Don't Remember How

All I really remember about this one was that I was really obsessed with those images that have quotes on them and wanted to use 'em for something with different characters, even though I ended up doing it only once for a Neverland-related RP. (I was Peter.) I made the codes for the others, though, so it was a bit of a waste of time, but we ignore that.

Anyway, I don't actually remember how I came up with this, or what my process was, but there was definitely a lot of adjusting the scroll thing due to the image's height, yada yada yada. Anyway. I ended up giving instructions for how to use the scroll because I couldn't figure out how to do it cuz the image just enlarges for easier viewing (which is annoying). So I hope that was helpful to anyone who read that lovely post this code contains. XD

Forever My Always.jpg
Percy Papillon
Peter Pan

“FRIIIIIIIIIIIENNNNNNNNNNNDS!”

In Skull Crescent, the boy’s name was Percy Papillon, an ironically cutesy name that he’d been told at a young age (in the memories of some) meant “Percy the Butterfly.” However, the boy always forgot this nom de plume, as he was unerringly attached to his true name, Peter Pan, the name which many in his former place of residence would shout jubilantly or victoriously, depending on the situation. But those days had long since passed… and, in fact, that place was no more, as far as he was concerned.

At the moment, Peter (or, in this world, Percy) was avidly watching his favorite show on all of this weird planet of Earth—My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Seriously, had there ever been a greater show? Peter clutched his Rainbow Dash plush to his chest (she was his favorite) as he screamed along to the theme song. Thank goodness school was pretty much over—he could watch My Little Pony all he wanted now! Maybe he’d even convince Arianna to watch it with him!

Although… that wasn’t all that likely, knowing her. For some reason, Ari had the tendency to roll her eyes whenever he brought it up.

Peter’s grip on his plush pegasus loosened the slightest bit. He sighed. There was a microscopic part of his barely-there conscience that regretted taking away Ari—er, Tinkerbell’s—wings and pixie dust. Sometimes, he even yelped whenever he saw her human sized and hovering over his shoulder. He chalked it up to being jumpy whenever she commented on it, but it was still hard to get rid of the image of her as his fairy friend. That was, really, the only regret he had regarding how he’d brought everyone to Skull Crescent.

Oh, crap. Wait. Tink.

He flipped open his phone. Yup. He’d missed… a lot of messages. He was very late. Again. She was gonna kill him.

Dropping his Rainbow Dash, Peter turned off his TV and practically leaped out the door, backpack over his shoulder. Of course, he had someplace else to visit before he joined Ari in the park.

Peter hopped onto his skateboard and kicked off. It wasn’t as cool as flying, for sure, but it was better than walking around town. He skated down the street and through the town, searching for one building in particular… Ah! There it was! Now to sneak in through the back…

Finding the window he was looking for, Peter left his skateboard and backpack in a bush and smirked. This was going to be fun.

Stretching his fingers, he very slightly used what magic he had left to lift his feet off the ground. Since he was fairly tall in this human form, he only needed about a foot and a half of levitation before he could reach up to the sill of the window. Thankfully, it was open, so once he pulled himself up to the sill, it was a simple matter of swinging himself into the room. The man he’d come to see was distracted as it was, so by the time he turned around, Peter was sitting cross-legged on his desk, smirking the smirk that had once been enough for them to fight.

“Busy, aren’t you, Mr. Mayor?” he simpered, inspecting his fingernails for no particular reason. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say there’s a big holiday coming up.” Looking up and meeting his former nemesis’s eyes, he smiled. “I hope you’re having fun, there, Hook ol’ boy. After all, if you think about it, we wouldn’t have this holiday if it weren’t for me. It’s so nice to be celebrated and have no one realize you’re the one they’re celebrating.”

Spotting the sword on the wall, Peter frowned. “You seriously kept that thing? Wow, you really do have a problem. Ever thought of letting go of that life? What is it all the girls are screaming these days? LET IT GOOOOOO! LET IT GOOOOO! CAN’T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE! His eyebrows lowered over his eyes. “You know, when you think about it, that song could be about coming out of the closet.”

Peter leaned backward until he flipped off the desk. Standing up straight, he crossed his arms and grinned. “Anyway, I came by to wish you an early birthday, old friend. I’m sure the entire town will be out tomorrow to wish our illustrious mayor such a happy day of ‘birth.’ Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a fairy to go tend to. Have fun, Mr. Mayor.

With that, Peter grabbed the top part of the window and slid out, using his magic to catch him before he landed on his butt, as he was wont to do if he wasn’t totally careful. Not that “careful” was in his vocabulary to begin with. Snatching his skateboard and backpack from the bush, he raced off down the street. Ari was definitely going to kill him now. Ah, well. You only live once!

Peter reached the park and flipped his skateboard into his hands. He’d be faster if he ran from this point forward. Taking off down the path, he gripped the strap of his backpack tightly. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted some guy sitting and attempting to write something, by the looks of it. Peter skidded to a stop and raised an eyebrow, inspecting the guy. This was too easy—Ari wouldn’t mind this detour.

Slithering up behind the guy, Peter spotted a bag and flicked his fingers, causing the guy’s wallet to slide out of a pocket, under the bench, and into his hand. Thanks, Mr. Writer. Turning back toward the path, Peter sprinted away, wallet safely pocketed.

Finally, finally, he reached Arianna. Hopefully she wasn’t too mad about his delay. Throwing an arm around her shoulders, Peter gave her one of his charming, debonair, please-forgive-dear-friend-I-swear-I-didn’t-mean-to-be-late smiles. “Ari! Light of my life! I’m afraid I was caught up in the splendor of learning about friendship to attend to my friend! Why, I believe that was a lesson somewhere in the show. Now please, give me something to do to make up for my friendship failure! It’s the least I can do, oh friend of mine!”

Location: Park | Scenario: I'm Late for a Very Important Date... Oops Wrong Universe | Tags:

warning: hidden scroll (click on bottom right corner to begin scroll)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back