Chitchat What's the worst/best community experience you've ever had?

Mx.Trinity

Pro Stranger
Warning! This may contain content that roleplayers may find upsetting, read at your own discretion!

So I'll go first since it just came to mind.

[WORST] I was part of a gaming community for a while (even donated) and had been giving constructive criticism to the people I had considered friends for a while and shortly after that they all started roasting me to the point where they convinced the whole community to take part in it, it got pretty excessive after that they all started treating me a lot differently. Whenever I'd post or reply someone would downvote what I had to say, and slowly but surely it got to the point where I couldn't play in the server without community members harassing me over mic.

Still to this day I don't understand why they turned on me the way they did. Their server sort of ended when they made a 15 year old really mad who hired a pretty skilled hacker who held their website/game server ransom for money, hacked other members of the community, and even threatened to swat some of them. Ever since, the server hasn't had very many players.

[BEST] I would say the most positive community experience I've ever had was actually made here on a discord server. I had been struggling with a lot of self identity disconnect due to amnesia for a while and because of that I was really sensitive and unpredictable. After getting into a fight with two of my closest friends on RPN I was forced to find something else to do and stumbled across a few roleplayers who seemed really awesome. Cut forward 2-3 months I now am closer to everyone in this group than anyone else on the site. I can actually just relax and be myself around them and it's really been a life changing experience. I feel more like myself than I ever have before... I know that can be scary for some but... it's a really powerful feeling.

So what are your worst/best community experiences? And how did they affect your life?

[Best] - SB forums is without a doubt one of the best public forums I go to. While it's policed heavily by moderators and admins, the content there is amazing and it's without a doubt, one of the most friendliest communities I've ever encountered. Made me encounter a large number of fictional works which I am interested in, made me interested in roleplaying and increased my debating skills in life overall.

[Best] - SB forums is without a doubt one of the best public forums I go to. While it's policed heavily by moderators and admins, the content there is amazing and it's without a doubt, one of the most friendliest communities I've ever encountered. Made me encounter a large number of fictional works which I am interested in, made me interested in roleplaying and increased my debating skills in life overall.
what's SB?

Their server sort of ended when they made a 15 year old really mad who hired a pretty skilled hacker who held their website/game server ransom for money, hacked other members of the community, and even threatened to swat some of them. Ever since, the server hasn't had very many players.
I have a very serious question... were you that 15 year old?

I have a very serious question... were you that 15 year old?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA No I actually got my internet shut off by the guy cuz the staff didn't have proper safety measures in place. Though... mad props to the lil shit; that communities staff was toxic af and it ended up bleeding into the community.

Warning! This may contain content that roleplayers may find upsetting, read at your own discretion!

[WORST] I was part of a gaming community for a while (even donated) and had been giving constructive criticism to the people I had considered friends for a while and shortly after that they all started roasting me to the point where they convinced the whole community to take part in it, it got pretty excessive after that they all started treating me a lot differently. Whenever I'd post or reply someone would downvote what I had to say, and slowly but surely it got to the point where I couldn't play in the server without community members harassing me over mic.

Still to this day I don't understand why they turned on me the way they did. Their server sort of ended when they made a 15 year old really mad who hired a pretty skilled hacker who held their website/game server ransom for money, hacked other members of the community, and even threatened to swat some of them. Ever since, the server hasn't had very many players.

[BEST] I would say the most positive community experience I've ever had was actually made here on a discord server. I had been struggling with a lot of self identity disconnect due to amnesia for a while and because of that I was really sensitive and unpredictable. After getting into a fight with two of my closest friends on RPN I was forced to find something else to do and stumbled across a few roleplayers who seemed really awesome. Cut forward 2-3 months I now am closer to everyone in this group than anyone else on the site. I can actually just relax and be myself around them and it's really been a life changing experience. I feel more like myself than I ever have before... I know that can be scary for some but... it's a really powerful feeling.

So what are your worst/best community experiences? And how did they affect your life?
*ahem*
[WORST] Star Wars youtube comments. The Galaxy has entered a period of civil war.
OT lovers vs. prequel lovers is getting old.
Now it's prequel lovers vs OT lovers, EU lovers vs. anyone who isn't an EU lover (but especially if you're a Disney fan), OT lovers vs. everyone, Old Star Wars fans vs. Disney, Disney fans vs. everyone, Rogue One fans vs. The Force Awakens fans, TFA fans vs. everyone, Rogue One fans vs. everyone, aauauuauaugh.
[BEST] SURPRISE it's roblox :/ Second is RPN though.
It took about a year of searching, but in that time I managed to pick and choose some of the best people on the site to be my friends. The game developer community, especially, is really welcoming. Honestly, you just have to be smart about which games you play, don't go on certain forums (unless... you're a part of that random memeing toxicity :o)), and ignore the occasional idiot. oh, and be very careful about the groups you join. Small groups are good; they can become like a family to you. Big groups leads to politics and clan drama and it's honestly just funny to watch.
Dude, this one dude posted a thread on a forum on an alt that was kind of jerkish towards his leaders and forgot to remove his signature. No one would have noticed if he hadn't immediately signed onto his account and asked why the alt had used his siggy. #hegotcaught He got banished from the group, to. Hilarious.
Anyways, it took a bit and probably a few right choices, but the community can be relatively welcoming. It's just that so many people choose wrong.

ME universe vs. Covenant! Go!

Best not bring the Vs Debates craze onto this forum, lest, the mods crush thy knickers with a ban-hammer.

Covenant will be the superior firepower in the ME universe but they're vastly outnumbered by all the other factions. If the other factions bunch up and bring their A-Game, the Covenant are in for one hell of a fight.

Best not bring the Vs Debates craze onto this forum, lest, the mods crush thy knickers with a ban-hammer.

Covenant will be the superior firepower in the ME universe but they're vastly outnumbered by all the other factions. If the other factions bunch up and bring their A-Game, the Covenant are in for one hell of a fight.
Noice.
Usually it depends who invades who; ME can't do much in the Halo universe, so for fairness it usually ends up being Covenant invading ME.
Honestly, though, despite what some ME fans say, ME is one of the weakest scifi universes. Ancient humans could curbstomp, Forerunners could curbstomp, Silentium flood could do a level 78 curbstomp, Precursors don't have an upper limit.

Worst is when I joined a discord chat for lesbian and bi women from tumblr. It was stupid to join in the first place considering I really don't like tumblr's LGBT community. Anyways, a bunch of people were complaining about issues of sexism and homophobia they faced. I'd experienced similar issues, and while they were bothersome, I found them to ultimately be not that significant. As tempted as I was, I didn't outright tell them to get over themselves, but I just said they needed to learn how to cope with these issues. Turns out they were all a bunch of SJWs and thought that what I said was ableist. I still have no fucking idea how telling people they need to learn coping mechanisms is ableist. Anyways, at least 10 of them starting attacking me at once and were just really fucking angry at me for some reason. They were all insanely hypocritical and childish. It ended with me telling them to go fuck themselves and them kicking me out of the chat lol.

Worst is when I joined a discord chat for lesbian and bi women from tumblr. It was stupid to join in the first place considering I really don't like tumblr's LGBT community. Anyways, a bunch of people were complaining about issues of sexism and homophobia they faced. I'd experienced similar issues, and while they were bothersome, I found them to ultimately be not that significant. As tempted as I was, I didn't outright tell them to get over themselves, but I just said they needed to learn how to cope with these issues. Turns out they were all a bunch of SJWs and thought that what I said was ableist. I still have no fucking idea how telling people they need to learn coping mechanisms is ableist. Anyways, at least 10 of them starting attacking me at once and were just really fucking angry at me for some reason. They were all insanely hypocritical and childish. It ended with me telling them to go fuck themselves and them kicking me out of the chat lol.
That's hilarious, actually.
It's because by presenting logic you're showing yourself as better than *certain* people with *certain* mental disabilities, maybe.
*hack hack cough hack* them *Hack cough cough*

Hahaha, that is exactly why people call me the best person in this entire site.

Last edited:
Best would be when I was new to a website, just joining its roleplaying community, making friends with people I looked up to and playing games with them.

Worst was not long after that when a certain group of people in that forum turned on me and harrassed me (along with others, but I was a main target) practically nonstop. It confused me as to why they hated me so much, because the reasons they were giving didn't even make sense. Time went by and I tried to fix myself so they'd stop hating me, and it actually worked, after a while- I became friends with them- but I was constantly afraid to be myself around them because if I did, they'd turn on me again and give me hell.

I was eventually kicked out, and they resumed hating me.

Now I'm here, somewhere they're not, and hoping it stays that way so I can just be myself for once and have a good time. :)

Looking forward to making new bests here, and hopefully no new worsts.

Best would be when I was new to a website, just joining its roleplaying community, making friends with people I looked up to and playing games with them.

Worst was not long after that when a certain group of people in that forum turned on me and harrassed me (along with others, but I was a main target) practically nonstop. It confused me as to why they hated me so much, because the reasons they were giving didn't even make sense. Time went by and I tried to fix myself so they'd stop hating me, and it actually worked, after a while- I became friends with them- but I was constantly afraid to be myself around them because if I did, they'd turn on me again and give me hell.

I was eventually kicked out, and they resumed hating me.

Now I'm here, somewhere they're not, and hoping it stays that way so I can just be myself for once and have a good time. :)

Looking forward to making new bests here, and hopefully no new worsts.
Lemme know if they bother you again me and The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard Fable Fable Kaerri Kaerri will beat them up for you :3

Haha, as long as they don't know I'm here, I should be good.

But thank you!
You shouldn't have to hide that you're here because a few others decided to harass you. Let the mods take care of it. This is a place for everyone and if someone is harassing or promoting a negative environment use the report function as this is a top priority for them.

You shouldn't have to hide that you're here because a few others decided to harass you. Let the mods take care of it. This is a place for everyone and if someone is harassing or promoting a negative environment use the report function as this is a top priority for them.
Right now, they're not here, and I don't know if they'll join the move. I don't think they will, but if they ever come here and start stuff, I'll be sure to let someone know. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back