Other What's the weirdest trend you've seen?

i, too, don't understand the appeal behind the slime trends.

asmr is another thing that confuses me -- rather then feeling relaxed, i get extremely uncomfortable with how quiet it is and how people whisper.

Diy, slime, Gucci, dabbing, really long ponytails, twerking and the whole thing of bust and butts being attractive, neon clothes for old people, mankinis, fake tan, big lips, bleached hair, long fake eye lashes and nails, and things with tiny bodies and big heads and eyes being cute. Also, tigers as pets. It's wierd!
I can agree with all of this except for bleached hair... If I may ask what your problem with it is...? Totally an unbiased question from someone who bleaches their hair, but leaves their roots normal color.

i, too, don't understand the appeal behind the slime trends.

asmr is another thing that confuses me -- rather then feeling relaxed, i get extremely uncomfortable with how quiet it is and how people whisper.
For ASMR, some people just react to it differently. I guess some people get goosebumps from it, which they like, and it relaxes them?
Like you, I personally find ASMR to be creepy and uncomfortable, but eh, different strokes for different folks. If they like it, I don’t really care.

... Buuuut there are some extremely disturbing ASMR videos that I’d be worried for anyone who likes them, let alone the people who make them. :’)

People have been wearing torn jeans around where I am. And I'm not talking about little tears that gives the jeans this rebellious, distinguished look. I'm talking something like this:

42A3842000000578-4726702-image-m-32_1500939304473.jpg

And this is a tame example even. Why even wear jeans at this point? There's shorts if they think it's too hot outside.

Just browse DeviantArt for a few minutes, wtf man, talk about weird art trends from obesity to foot tickling and expansion.... I'm just about done with that site because it's pretty much fetish drawings and not even art now.

Just browse DeviantArt for a few minutes, wtf man, talk about weird art trends from obesity to foot tickling and expansion.... I'm just about done with that site because it's pretty much fetish drawings and not even art now.

I would guess that a lot of that is Tumblr's old fetish artists migrating to a new platform since Tumblr banned that sort of thing.

Showing off your ankles in skinny jeans. It just looks like you've got no mo ey for clothes so you wear those jeans ever since your school days. Ya need eome change for proper clothes length, buddy?
'sides, must be cold af, and not too good for the joints.

Fidget spinners.
Maybe its actually useful to some people, but it just became a huge bubble that everyone was crazy about,(and I couldn't understand, or care enough about.) Eventually, like most other silly trends, it popped, and everyone had their fidget spinners collecting dust at home.

For me, nothing will still top the curse of the Tide Pods.

-suicide game hoaxes. First the Blue Whale, now Momo. Nothing but unfounded claims as fodder for middle aged mom panic
-Twitter “ARGs”. Most popularly, The Sun Vanished. They’re so bad

The foot thing that went on for a while at Nickelodeon with Dan Schneider. It flew over my head growing up, but it's SO uncomfortable watching it now

Another thing is half the internet challenges. Ice Bucket, Fire, Condom, Cinnamon. Whether for a good cause or not, they were weird and most were incredibly dumb.

Basic bitches/bros

I have no interest in looking similar to someone else, acting like someone else.
I feel like part of that trend is acting really vapid, boarderline stupid.
Knowledge is sexy and anyone that has no interest in someone else because they come across as very smart and educated isn’t someone who’s worth your time anyway.

The ice bucket challenge. For some, it might look like fun but it depended on where you were living at the time. I live in northern California and at the time this trend was happening, the entire state was going through a really bad drought. It made me sick that many were wasting their water like it was no big deal. I mean if they were challenged to run a mile now that would have been better.

So for some reason weird things happen. I've seen quite a few weird trends throughout the years, some of which are still burned into my mind. They make me wonder who the heck sets these trends and who participates?!

The one I find personally disturbing is engagement ring piercings. Like...a piercing in your ring finger instead of a tattoo or ring. They look painful and disgusting
OH FREAKEN GOSH... The one ring that that has the Y shape.. it all makes me cringe.. imagine doing anything and getting your hand caught on something... *rip* ahh gosh my fingers ripped open now @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back