Other What's the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?

One time I pretended to moon a stadium in a park but then people actually showed up right at that instant

Woke up and the police were banging on my door and there was an ambulance just outside my window. I thought someone had died, like full panic mode. Turns out someone in my house was struggling with their mental health and drug use and wanted to recover, but didn’t know who to call. (They’re doing well now, thankfully)

The day my appendix ruptured, and the following days after that. I was a complete and utter idiot and actually walked around for three whole days with my appendix like that, till I finally gave into the pain and let mom take me to the hospital.

That event taught me very quickly that a man's pride isn't the toughest thing in the world, compared to living with such agony. Also, prideful men do stupid things.

So, this didn’t happen to me but this happened to my dearest friend, her boyfriend had abused her quite a bit and once they broke up, he had raped her, she’s going through court now but I’ve been trying to stay as close to her and be there for her for a while now, and I think I’m doing good with it

this was basically a near death experience lol, when i think about it now i'm so shocked at how lucky i was. when i was a teenager, one day during summer break i was out and about with my mom and little sister, doing some shopping and getting a bite to eat. the summer here is seriously harsh, like it can get up to 120 degrees fahrenheit, and we were standing at the bus stop and distracted making sure we ate our little popsicles before they melted. there was another person at the bus stop, but standing away from the little shade and bench. this bus stop was on a pretty busy major street btw. before we realize whats happening, a RV drives by and some little pole thing swung loose (for like, a pull out shade? or a light? i have no clue what it actually was). it hit the metal of the bus stop, smashing the glass and literally crashing inches above our heads. my mom reacted before me, covering my little sister. i could've been decapitated from the speed of the driver. the dumbass pulls over and checks on his damn RV and doesn't even look over at us. i cussed him out, we got on the bus and went to the mall like normal, but i was in total shock.

I went through chemotherapy 6 years ago for Hodgkins Lymphoma and had a PICC line in my arm. One day we were driving home from chemo and something just felt off. Like, I'd always feel a bit drained afterwards, but today was completely different. By the time I got home, I was so cold and shivering that I couldn't control my body from shaking. I remember putting on two shirts, a jumper and a jacket and still feeling freezing cold. My mum took my temperature and it showed I had a fever; she called the hospital and asked what to do and they said for me to come in straight away. I remember Mum telling me that I had a fever and I needed to take some of my layers off; I just started bursting out crying because I had no control over my body. I was shaking as if I had just gone for a swim in Finland during winter or something.

We got to the hospital and after checking my stats, they asked if I wanted anything for nausea. I said yes please cause I felt like I was going to pass out -- but told them I was allergic to one of the medications that help with nausea. What did they do? They gave me the damn medicine (i didn't know until the doctor came to talk to me). With my allergic reactions, I don't swell up or anything. Instead, I hyperventilate. I become extremely anxious and struggle to breathe. I remember feeling like I need to sit down, no I need to stand up, no I need to sit down over and over again. I was absolutely panicking, along with being shivering cold from the fever.

In the end, it turned out my PICC line was infected. Obviously it wasn't cleaned after my chemo treatment that day, which caused it to be infected. They had to take the PICC line out, gave me some medicine to fight off the fever and infection, and I was on my way home. I had to turn two days later for a new PICC line though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back