Chitchat What's the scariest "paranormal" thing that's ever happened to you?

Midrick

She Konrad on my Curze till I Nighthaunt
Supporter
I'm not looking for 2spooky4u stories here. This is my story,

I was staying at a friends house once and I had just recently started talking in my sleep like a week earlier. My friend woke up and heard me talking really clearly, He told me the next morning, but I had been telling someone or something to stay out of his basement because something really bad was down there. Later in the week at school when we were eating lunch in our friend group (we were the guys who were athletes but not meathead jocks) that he had found out that some dude in the 50's had murdered his entire family in the basement of my friends house and then killed himself. We literally never went down there again, and when we had too, we went in like groups of two or three.

I got a call one night from some unknown number. In fact, it didn't even have a number. It just said 'Unknown'. I answered the call, though hesitantly (because of Chinese telemarketers/scammers). There was no sound for a few seconds. Then I heard what sounded like weird electronic screaming. It went on for roughly three seconds before it suddenly ended. The call wasn't in my history. Needless to say, I was pretty freaked out. Of course, it could be some electronic fault or wrong number. Or aliens. Or ghosts. Still, I eventually began to forget about it.

But to this day, one question still keeps me up at night:

WHO WAS PHONE?!!!!??!!!!1!!1

Long story short, me and my friends once went to go explore an abandoned and rundown mansion back in Illinois. Specifically the abandoned Cook County Insane Asylum. Well, we got there at sunset and set off to go explore inside. Total, we weren't there for long, probably all of 6-7 hours inside the place before we fuckin bugged out. It was pretty scary inside that place, objects shuffling, shit moving in the shadows of our flashlights, whispers, our batteries being drained. All in all a rather spooky experience, especially after my friend Jono asked for something to alert its presence and a few seconds later his hoody was tugged and my flashlight was shifted to face him since I set it down on the floor to go into my backpack. Yeah after that we all decided ti never go back.

Not really paranormal, but in every dream, or nightmare there is this woman in white

Anything special about her?
RavenWing13 RavenWing13
She's tall, long black hair, long flowing white dress. And no face. Like her entire head is black. She has this weird kind of glow around her entire form. She doesn't do anything. Just watched my dreams or nightmares play out. I call her Lucy. Lovely Lucy

Be careful, I'm not the type to believe in ghosts easily, but if this is a reoccurring thing tread lightly. Demons are known to try and befriend people if the demon senses gullibility.

RavenWing13 RavenWing13

Any creepy stories to go along with it?
Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide

It was basic haunted house stuff, I guesss.

TVs, lights, and faucets would turn on by themselves. The toilet would flush by itself. My sister heard disembodied voices when she was home alone. My sister's friend, who was house sitting while we were gone, also heard them one time and bolted out of the house. We saw black orbs and shadow people. And there was a feeling that somebody was watching you from the top of the stairs and sometimes the master bedroom window. Plus there was just an oppressive feeling over the whole house that I can't really explain.

After all that, I still don't believe in ghosts, though. I'm a stubborn-ass skeptic. XD

Personally, I don't know what to think. I've seen and heard some pretty jank shit. I don't completely believe but I've seen enough to think there could be a possibility of some weird stuff in the world.
Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide

Nothing too paranormal.

It was last year, around Dec 2017. I was home alone ands chillin' at home. Was on my phone until I suddenly heard a loud "THUD!" coming from the attic. It startled me and I instantly jumped up. My first thought was "It could be the snow on our roof." but when I went down and looked in our garden, there was no little, newly built "snow hill". So, maybe something was in the attic? However, the attic scared me (spiders 'n dust 'n shit), so I waited until my parents arrived. They arrived, I told them I heard a weird noise coming from the attic. Dad checked it out, and...nothing. Literally. Nothing.
Maybe it was just a martenn.

I got home and had a hard day at work, nothing was really amiss. Took a shower and decided I was gonna have some ice cream and unwind with some netflix. There was no ice cream, it was all gone. And the mysterious thief was me.

I ate all my ice cream. I still get cold sweats, mocking the cold sweets I was lacking then, thinking about it even now.

I only have one paranormal story that I can share that genuinely bothered me, and it took place only a few hours before I learned that my father (who was in a comatose state in a hospital about an hour and a half away) had passed away.

I had come up to see my father during spring break because he had suffered a stroke and had landed in the hospital. Needless to say, I was exhausted. I hadn't slept for two or three days at that point and I could barely keep food down. It was around midnight when I went into the kitchen to try and eat something for the first time in almost two full days. I was staying with my grandparents (my mother and step-father in a hotel about an hour away from the hospital) and they live in a trailer. It's not large and my bedroom was in the back of it, sharing a wall with my grandma and grandpa's room. Down the hall and to the left was the kitchen. To the right was where my grandma had her computer and the door to the 'downstairs' living room was right next to it.

So, anyway, I went into the kitchen and it was completely dark. I opened the fridge and pulled out some leftover food I had from a restraunt I went to earlier in the day. Just before I got a chance to shut the fridge door, out of the corner of my eye, the door to the downstairs living room swung open. Now, mind you, that door is damn-near impossible to open once it's closed and makes a loud popping noise when opened. But this time, it was dead silent.

My reaction, of course, was not graceful in the slightest - I grabbed my food and bolted back to the bedroom. After a few minutes of sitting on the guest bed in a stunned silence, I tip-toed back into the kitchen and went to to the door. I shut it firmly and hurried back to my bedroom to enjoy my food.

Once I finished eating, I went into the kitchen and put the dishes into the sink and whatnot. I was pleased to find the downstairs door firmly shut again. So, I headed back to the guest bedroom.

Right next door to my grandparent's trailer, only with a gap between them of about six or seven feet, was my father's trailer. He had moved into the trailer park to keep an eye on his parents and stay close to his sister, who lived two trailers down as well. Of course, my father hadn't been home in a few days, so all of the lights were off in the trailer.

In the guest bedroom, I had the curtains open. That's when I saw something that will forever make my skin crawl.

The light in my father's bedroom was on, and just beyond the curtains in his window, I could see a shadow moving about.

When I think back to it, I wish I would have realized that it was my father sooner - the same height, the slight outline of a long ponytail in the back of the head, and he was wandering about, like he would when he was getting ready for bed.

Still, it was very uncomfortable to witness and you can be completely sure that I shut my curtains and kept them shut the rest of my stay at my grandparent's house (which wasn't long, because around three am that morning/night, I was told that we had to go say 'goodbye' to my father).

One of the creepiest experiences I had was dreaming that my grandmother died only to have her actually die two weeks later. She was very sick, but it still unsettles me to this day. Especially after waking up in the middle of the night after she died (it used to happen frequently, I'd wake up at around 3 am every night) and saw her in my room, back facing me.

I wouldn't call this creepy; I would say a peaceful experience?

It was during the summer of 06, and i had just found out my mother passed away. Never really got a chance to really say goodbye to her since I was young and had just gotten back from being out of town for a month( I was staying with my grandparents at their lake house)

Shortly after finding out she had passed, I was in so much pain and really fucking upset( I was just about to turn 13, and I was not expecting it to happen; no one did tbh) I remember this clearly; I was getting ready for bed one night, and my room had the view of the road, and a car drove by. But as the car headlights hit my bedroom window, it cast a light for a few seconds and I saw my mother who waved and blew me a kiss before disappearing. It was a bit of a shock since I never really believed in that kind of stuff till then.

Even to this day I still sometimes see or feel her around me. It makes me feel good because I know shes always there to protect me and be there for me. Once I found the toilet seat up( I live with my bf) and he claimed it wasnt him. I still think it was him but he thinks it was my mom trying to be funny xD

I’m a pretty big believer of the paranormal, nothing bad happened but it’s still freaky.

A few years ago I was living with my friend and her family, she told me before moving in that she thinks her house is haunted and told me stories, i at first thought she was trying to scare me because she knows I believe in the paranormal. I actually remember waking up past midnight ish and heard footsteps coming up from the stairs. I don’t know why, but I decided to go see who it was. I went to go check and I looked down from the banisters and saw no one coming up the stairs (there was no light at all, pitch black)

I thought her uncle had been smoking outside of the house which he usually does but I didn’t see him or any signs of smoke. I swear, I saw an orb down below me and it flew into the kitchen as soon as I noticed the tiny orb. More things did occur in the house after what I witnessed.

This has haunted me for my entire teenage life.

When I was thirteen I wasn't spending the night at a friend's house. Lets call my friend Sadie.

So we made the decision to try and stay up all night like the obviously rebellious teenagers we were. Most of the night was relatively normal, and we ended up falling asleep.

In the middle of the night she gets up to go the bathroom and get something to drink. I stay in bed because I was (and still am) very lazy, (not to mention I was super tired).

So I'm laying there trying to fall back asleep and I feel the bed dip on her side and ask "how'd you do that so fast?" Only to turn over and see the shape of an adult body dented into her bed.

As a thirteen year old I was horrified and didn't sleep the rest of the night.

Sometimes I continue to dream for like five to twenty seconds after I wake up. It's led to some scary hallucinations, like the time I dreamt I was fighting myself, and I lost, and when I woke up I swear I saw me, standing over me. More often than not they're mundane, like a sock on the floor or something, and I don't notice anything is off until they disappear. Not really paranormal, it's brain chemicals messing with me, but does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back