Opinion What's the saddest song you've ever heard?

If you've grown up with addicts / troubled friends with dependency's this will certainly strike a nerve.

Needs no introduction. If you've seen the movie you've already cried to this song.

Last edited:
In your opinion, anyway
Mine is Togetherness 1

If you know where the song comes from, and the story behind it, as well as everything that happens....
I can't eat.
I listened to this song non-stop yesterday. Only thing I listened to. At one point I just lied down on my bed, listening to it for hours.
Yeah well anyways.....

Your turn

And please, don't say 'Driver's License'

heres my most recent sad song ive heard so far i cant send the song but its called "my life" by imagine dragons it just hits so close to home for me sometimes

I have MANY but the ones that I think hit close to home for me are Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith, Piece by Piece - Idol Version by Kelly Clarkson, and Runaway by AURORA... Theres plenty more but ill stick with those for now.

Always December, Citizen Soldier

It's not only gut-wrenchingly sad, it's also just a really beautiful song ❤️

Fantine's Death and Epilogue from Les Miserables are both guaranteed to make me cry. Particularly the 2010 live version. The emotions are so evocative!

"To love another person is to see the face of God." Goosebumps every time 😫

I’m not sure if it can even be considered a sad song, but Merry Go ‘Round by Kacey Musgraves makes me cry whenever I hear it. Maybe because I grew up in a small town and it feels like this song was written about my past, and if I hadn’t gotten out, my future.

“Just like dust, we’ll settle in this town”

I have no idea who it is but it's an instrumental song. They played it during The Walking Dead last episode of season 3 after a major character death. They're returning to the prison. Everything seems depressing....anyway that song whatever it is. If anyone knows cookie for you.

That one "someone you loved" song because my toxic ex who I was still attached to sent it to me after I finally left him and I still feel myself falling hard for the guilt trip every time I hear it.

That or Tuyu's "Trapped In the Past". Cried to that one too many times

It depends on my mood what makes me the saddest, but 'Welly Boots' by The Amazing Devil and 'Hymn for the Missing' by Red tend to get me good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back