Opinion What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

There's probably a sadder movie I can't remember, but off the top of my head probably Pixar's Onward, The Knowing, or a movie about a kid with cancer called Letters to God.

However, I have a penchant for only crying in movies I'd be emberassed to admit I cried in. So if that's the criteria, then the Hannah Montana movie, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, Letters to God, and a random Avicii music video if that counts.

Most recently - probably Moonlight. Everything felt so raw and exposed. There were parts so intense where I felt as if I shouldn’t be privy to watch someone’s intimate sufferings. The struggles to find a place of love and belonging within a community, within your friends and family, within yourself - that’s universal. It’s such a wonderfully made, albeit, heart wrenching piece of film and will probably be one of my favourites for a long time.

Nothing more recent comes to mind but growing up as a kid; Titanic & Steel Magnolias were pretty sad with the latter bringing tears to the eyes. (Don’t know why I was watching those as a young kid, but don’t think I had TV control yet and nothing else to do maybe?)

Cant say I remember a whole lot from and about those movies... But Titanic is a pretty well known story and the movie was just depressing. Steel Magnolias, if that movie doesn’t make you cry then your inhuman. I can’t recall too much from It but do remember that being a really sad movie.

Edit: Kinda remember a couple others. Wasn’t there a movie called; A walk to remember (?) or something like that title. Saw that as a young kid too, pretty sad as well.

There are so many but I found Big Fish really relatable and I can't watch it now after losing my father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back