Experiences what's the most difficult fandom for you to find roleplay partners with?

Probably The Raven Cyle. I had a couple roleplays on tumblr back when it was more popular, but now it's basically impossible to find partners for it anywhere, which is sad, because I quite like the series.
MY GODS, I thought the entire fandom had died off!!! The whole reason I joined this site in the first place is for TRC!! I've been absolutely drowning in brainrot since I began the series and haven't found hardly any other fans at all, much less roleplayers! We are a scarce breed

Mozart L’Opera Rock, it’s this musical about Mozart and his life, it’s french. Made around 2009 and I’ve been in love with it. Used to be big but now only a small portion of the fandom exists 😭

Cowboy Bebop or MHA. Cowboy Bebop is an 90’s anime which the dub is amazing btw and is not as popular as other 90’s anime. MHA Rps are strange and toxic other than the only one that I prefer being in on Discord since the owner of the MHA Rp is an close friend of mine.

Cowboy Bebop or MHA. Cowboy Bebop is an 90’s anime which the dub is amazing btw and is not as popular as other 90’s anime. MHA Rps are strange and toxic other than the only one that I prefer being in on Discord since the owner of the MHA Rp is an close friend of mine.
Really? I thought cowboy Bebop was super popular. Like, they even turned it into a live action because they thought it had the interest base to warrant production. I'm not even an anime fan, and I've seen the series and movie.

Undertale. Percy Jackson. Pokemon. Black Butler. Lilo and Stitch. Destiny 2.

I cant find ANYTHING for these really. And the people I do find use ** and do maybe 3-4 words? Ive found a good one for Percy Jackson but that was after a lot of searching. Otherwise I havent really found anything.

Devil May Cry. I have two decent stories going on with partners I met before I joined this site. Otherwise...it's pretty empty, haha.
I would be down to do one. Thats another fandom I keep forgetting because I cant find rps and am caught up on everything TwT

HBO's Barry and Netflix's Defenders who know and work with Ward Meachum.

I've been dying to do Barry for a long time because there's so much potential for comedy and drama. I think I'm the only person who has watched it.

i think we've all been there - seriously wanting to roleplay something specific. you have the character ready, a plot in mind, and plenty of writing samples to give! ... aaand then there's no one that you can find to roleplay with. from fandoms to certain storylines, what's your struggle bus? we all have it!

mine is currently attack on titan. plenty of harry potter roleplays available, even demon slayer! but attack on titan is futile sometimes. i think it might be due to that fact its so serious?

whats yours?
Tokyo Mew Mew for sure!! Still haven't gotten to roleplay it with anyone yet but I'm sure it'll happen one day.

As I recently got back into it, MLP. I know how odd that sounds just from it alone but with how the world was made and the influx of ideas that came out of it, I was sorta drawn back into it. It's not like I can see why it's not exactly 'prime rp real estate'.

Probably any of the famous Shonen titles that are long running. Fandoms are usually know it alls, toxic, or both.

Undertale. Percy Jackson. Pokemon. Black Butler. Lilo and Stitch. Destiny 2.
Oh dang! Has Undertale really dropped off that much? Undertale RPs really boomed here around 6 years ago

... wow it was really 6 years ago, lol

 taz. when the first season of the adventure zone came to an end, people were role-playing it all over the place, but by the third season's start it was gone. I have a hard time even finding fandom spaces in general for it, but to be fair, the places I'm looking are "content creators who were into it in 2017", not new fans, which would probably lend me better. some day!

and, to jump on the bandwagon: pokemon, for sure, but not just in general: I have specific things I want for pokemon rps and tend to not get them. :') that's my punishment for having ideas with only niche appeal. why does nobody like hop?!? melli??! wild.

A lot of more niche shows from Adult Swim like Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros are surprisingly hard, despite a lot of people knowing them and praising the shows, at least from what I’ve seen. Other than that, being a fan of older video games from the 90’s and early 2000’s seems to also get the same treatment of being niche whether or not they were popular during their eras. That’s from personal experience anyways.

A lot of more niche shows from Adult Swim like Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros are surprisingly hard, despite a lot of people knowing them and praising the shows, at least from what I’ve seen. Other than that, being a fan of older video games from the 90’s and early 2000’s seems to also get the same treatment of being niche whether or not they were popular during their eras. That’s from personal experience anyways.
I AM IN LOVE WITH METALOCALYPSE! YOU ARE LIKE, THE FIRST PERSON I'VE EVER SEEN MENTION IT!

So like... people do D&D/Pathfinder based RPs all the time. Even if they don't realize it, a lot of the tropes in medieval fantasy RPs are straight up borrowed from D&D (and Pathfinder is just a different take on what D&D does).

But... where the fuck are all the Starfinder-based RPs at?

Percy Jackson.

It's surprising how there isn't a bigger percy jackson roleplaying scene at the moment. I remember it being big when I was younger, but that was when I roleplayed on Google Plus.

Makes me realise just how long it's been since the first books (though I was never big into it)

Hrm, Digimon. Let alone people who will stay long term. Fantastic Beasts is another that is hard to find and keep.

Hrm, Digimon. Let alone people who will stay long term. Fantastic Beasts is another that is hard to find and keep.
Try the Harry Potter crowd for a Fantastic Beasts RP. There is pretty much always some HP going on somewhere, and since they are basically the same RP universe, it isnt a far cry to what you're looking for

It's been a long time since I've seen any dragon related RPs. I've always thought it would be interested to RP in the setting of Eragon/The Inheritance Trilogy, Temeraire Novels, or a Game of Thrones RP that allowed dragons in the setting.

It's been a long time since I've seen any dragon related RPs. I've always thought it would be interested to RP in the setting of Eragon/The Inheritance Trilogy, Temeraire Novels, or a Game of Thrones RP that allowed dragons in the setting.
I pitched a Dragon Slayer RP some time ago. Don't remember when exactly. But no one went for it. Probably because the theme was the PC's taking the roles of Dragon slayers. With the dragons being little more than wild, dangerous beasts. This server's community honestly strikes me more like the kind of place that would rather be dragon-friendly.

I pitched a Dragon Slayer RP some time ago. Don't remember when exactly. But no one went for it. Probably because the theme was the PC's taking the roles of Dragon slayers. With the dragons being little more than wild, dangerous beasts. This server's community honestly strikes me more like the kind of place that would rather be dragon-friendly.
DBNA.gif

fuck dragons, we stay killin dragons

I always thought game fandoms are harder to find rp partners for because people are actually busy playing those games, not engaging with the rp fandom 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back