Other What's the hardest thing for you when creating a character?

Hardest part for me is making up the history.

I recycle my characters a lot but obviously I can't use the same CS, the same background, and the same history in different RPs. It takes a lot of time to make a sensible background that follows the lore of the RP while still keep the character as he is.

For me a lot of the difficulty comes in figuring out where within the group dynamic my char is going to fit.

Both in terms of like skillsets and abilities and in terms of personality, I hate to be stepping on people's toes. If there's already a guy with fire magic and a whip then I don't wanna use fire magic or a whip, if there's already an ex con with a heart of gold then I don't wanna be a former mercenary with a heart of gold, that kind of thing.

Because each character can kind of take up multiple concepts by themselves I can end up crossing out a of ideas, sometimes I end up flat out looking for something else because I'm staring down the barrel of playing my fourth or fifth idea and knowing I just don't have the same enthusiasm about the rp anymore.

The hardest part of creating a character for me is making sure the character I make fits in with the setting whether it is fantasy, realistic, or a world the DM|GM has written. I do love a good world building roleplay, but ones that are very extensive can come off intimidating to someone like me despite my interest and want to make a character since it looks stunning and fun! I do inquire frequently when needed, however, the fear of messing up will always happen in the back of my mind. Usually rejection can cause a tiny bit of anxiety if my character is not good enough in regards to their history that should tie in with the lore. There is a lot of back reads and a deep breath and hope for the best that happens to me personally.

for me, it's names. i recently realised that my three active characters all have three lettered names omg
tae (full name park tae-yeon)
ant (full name anthony smith)
kai (full name Kai Yang, or his Korean name is Yang Hyun-Ki)

kill me now

Jannah Jannah nope. I make new characters from time to time, but I prefer one I clicked with before. I generally try to make them consistent and only have a few elements differ between their different settings.

Jannah Jannah nope. I make new characters from time to time, but I prefer one I clicked with before. I generally try to make them consistent and only have a few elements differ between their different settings.

Ah. I rarely recycle characters. Every time I RP I create new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back