Other What's the feeling of diving deep into the internet's past..?

lexnoblade

will / lex
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Random question, but I was digging through old RPN threads, and I found some from back in 2013, '12, '11! I never knew this site was so.. old. I got this weird feeling, like I was uncovering the history of a mysterious new landscape, as I am fairly new. Has anyone else felt this..? Almost like a.. nostalgia forthings i've never expirienced..

I usually check old threads when I want to start a new thread for discussion so I'm wondering if this topic was discussed before, and if it was - how recent was this. To not repeat the same thread, unless it was discussed a few years ago. And while doing that I sometimes get carried away and just read super old threads.
I wasn't on this site that long ago but I get curious what topics were popular back then, are any of the members srill active and such. It's a strange feeling when you come across a thread about, let's say, a fandom that used to be popular years ago and now is cast into oblivion, to read the hype about it. Or a thread about some game coming out that had long been released since then and maybe even got a sequel or two... Yeah, it's like archaeology of sorts XD

I usually check old threads when I want to start a new thread for discussion so I'm wondering if this topic was discussed before, and if it was - how recent was this. To not repeat the same thread, unless it was discussed a few years ago. And while doing that I sometimes get carried away and just read super old threads.
I wasn't on this site that long ago but I get curious what topics were popular back then, are any of the members srill active and such. It's a strange feeling when you come across a thread about, let's say, a fandom that used to be popular years ago and now is cast into oblivion, to read the hype about it. Or a thread about some game coming out that had long been released since then and maybe even got a sequel or two... Yeah, it's like archaeology of sorts XD
Yeah, I feel like i'm uncovering graves, when I see how old these accounts were when they stopped being active, and seeing their "Last Words."

Yeah, I feel like i'm uncovering graves, when I see how old these accounts were when they stopped being active, and seeing their "Last Words."
That's another way to put it....
Sometimes I'm wondering if that's okay to 'reanimate a zombie' and bump some ages-old thread if it has a topic that is still interesting XD

That's another way to put it....
Sometimes I'm wondering if that's okay to 'reanimate a zombie' and bump some ages-old thread if it has a topic that is still interesting XD
I like that. I keep finding a small flood of people who transferred to RPN in 2008-10. It seems like the site blew up in 2014, as most old threads were from that specific year.

Might have been some big site update or something XD I know it has undergone a few major updates over time.

Might have been some big site update or something XD I know it has undergone a few major updates over time.
I wonder what it would have looked like. Maybe somebody will read this and have the same feeling we've got now..

E X I S T E N T I A L

C R I S I S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back