• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered What's the difference between Romance and ERP?

Contingency

I read the conditions and terms before joining and it talked about the ERP rule, yet I was skimming other threads and people say that there's a lot of romance rps.

What's the line between romance and erp?

Is uhm lewd talk but no physical descriptions considered ERP?

Romance rps are often not sexual in nature, instead including mainly kissing and other non-sexual displays of affection. This is true for the majority of Romance rps you'll likely encounter on the site. That being said, you are allowed to imply that characters have had or will have sex, but users are expected to stop short of explicitly describing sexual acts. Basically, skip over or avoid writing about any explicitly sexual scenes. That includes in character dialogue descriptions.

To clarify, if a character says "I wanna do *insert detailed sexual action* to you", it's the same as writing them doing that action. But you are allowed to reference your character being sexually attracted to them or wanting to have sex if you keep your descriptions from getting explicit.

Hopefully that clears things up, but let me know if you're still confused :)

Last edited:
Basically you can’t describe sexual acts, genitalia, or other explicit actions.

If however you want to say Susie and Dave had sex and now they’re dating than that’s fine. Or Susie and Dan kissed passionately.

But when the clothes start coming off or mentions of bodily fluids start you have to skip to the next scene. (To be clear you can’t describe those bodily fluids in detail either I don’t believe.)

Romance rps are often not sexual in nature, instead including mainly kissing and other non-sexual displays of affection. This is true for the majority of Romance rps you'll likely encounter on the site. That being said, you are allowed to imply that characters have had or will have sex, but users are expected to stop short of explicitly describing sexual acts. Basically, skip over or avoid writing about any explicitly sexual scenes. That includes in character dialogue descriptions.

To clarify, if a character says "I wanna do *insert detailed sexual action* to you", it's the same as writing them doing that action. But you are allowed to reference your character being sexually attracted to them or wanting to have sex if you keep your descriptions from getting explicit.

Hopefully that clears things up, but let me know if you're still confused :)
ok

ERP is the fun part, romance is the boring part. You can't get all hot and steamy in here like you yourself pointed out, so don't worry about ERP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back