Other whats the best anime you've ever watched?

Hard to say “best” as I’m not hugely into anime. Of the two I finished all the way to the end though, I’d say Code Geass.

Although reeking of melodrama at times, the combination of mecha warfare, political intrigue, and supernatural conspiracy made for an experience unlike anything I’d seen before or since.

Last edited:
Not to mention it’s one of the only stories I’ve seen in which a character says they’re going to take over the world and actually does by the end.
Oi buddy, we have people explictly stating they haven't seen the thing yet in this thread, mind the huge spoilers alright?

Oi buddy, we have people explictly stating they haven't seen the thing yet in this thread, mind the huge spoilers alright?
I really didn’t think that was a spoiler. Since I did not mention names. Regardless I have edited my statement out.

Although I would normally say Digimon, I have to say I greatly appreciated everything about My Little Monster. Maybe it was the comedy, maybe it was because every fricking love story should be like it, or maybe because to me, it captured everything confusing about teenage love. On that same strain, I'm a big fan of Say I Love You, for similar but also slightly different reasons.

Well crap, I also put Pandora Hearts way up there. Full of plot twists (literally every chapter) and it kinda screws with your mind, but in the end, I think I sobbed more over it than anything else. Same with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.

Okay I'm gonna stop because honestly there is no "one" best anime I've invested my time in. Except Digimon :P

Mine would have to be My Hero Academia. I love the characters, plot, pacing, and just about everything. I struggle to find a flaw in it XD.

Man, I don’t think I can pick a “best”. There’s too many I like. I think I’ll always have a soft spot for Mushishi; I’ve loved it for years and it’s so beautiful.
I also like Natsume Yuujinchou. It’s really sweet and I actually watched it with my mom and she loved it. That was fun lol

Other than those, I also do like Death Note (because of nostalgia probably), and am currently enjoying My Hero Academia... and I recently binged Mob Psycho 100 and I love it.
There’s some manga I enjoy too but this isn’t the thread for that : P

magical girl raising project

i love watching cute girls fucking slaughter each other

Maaaan hard to choose. Shonen type I will have to say Boku no hero academia. Rarely has an anime made pretty much every character interesting! (Except for Mineta, hope they expel his ass). The story, universe, pace, everything is so well performed. It's like they took the super power cliché and just played it to perfection.

For other types of Anime I really enjoyed Mushishi. Very unique concept.

And for my childhood favorite I gotta go with Digimon (the first season).

Objectively best...

Dragon Ball Z.

Death Note.

Naruto.

That's not opinion. They are arguably some of the best out there.

I'm going to add 2 seasons of an Anime into one 1. Clannad/Clannad: After Story and 2. Death Note (Maybe also Hell Girl if I was able to add more than one or two Animes.).

I haven't really watched a lot of animes, but I tend to stick to the girly ones when I do. I think my all time favorite is Love Live! School Idol Project (Cause I play the game religiously) or Maid Sama, just because I love that cheesy sort of stuff. I also don't know if this counts, but I really love Little Witch Academia.

I love how a lot of Ghibli's work (especially Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, and Ponyo) are representatives of particular feelings only they can express, with little attention being paid to traditional storytelling standards. Psycho-Pass also impresses me every re-watch with its nuance and how cohesive its story and themes are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back