Anime & Manga What's the anime you really wanted to like but just couldn't get into?

Don't get me wrong, the Pillar Men theme is cool. It's really cool. Yes it's indeed very cool. But I can't get into the series as a whole like with people saying oh the action the characters are really good like SAY WHAT??!!! I watched the anime up to part three and I feel like wasting my time when I can do something better than being a JOJO FAN!!!

Oh yeah and still fight me, but I only fight with sword and other blade type weapon similar to it. Free-style combat, fencing, whatever you want, but no Roman oil cause Roman oil sounds g..

its issue of translation since the manga gave a more action paced setting than the animes and with the whole informative tidbits that was included part three and up due to the STANDs its kinda way more exciting to tune in than the Anime (Which while faithfully recreated the scenes feels different)

Oh? Fencing? Is this Duel a Mensur or just a typical modern Duel?

its issue of translation since the manga gave a more action paced setting than the animes and with the whole informative tidbits that was included part three and up due to the STANDs its kinda way more exciting to tune in than the Anime (Which while faithfully recreated the scenes feels different)

Oh? Fencing? Is this a Mensur or just a typical modern Duel?
Do you know how those anime-people fight in their anime-world with the funny movements, jumping here jumping there, casually followed by witty comments, and such. That kind of combat I guess????

The Marvel Universe. I like a few of the individual movies, but the whole concept just feels like a cash grab. If each movie stood as a stand alone feature I definitely would be a fan. Take the old James Bond movies as an example, you could pick out any single film and still enjoy it on it's own. The little details that DO connect the films were considered Easter Eggs for the fans. If you were new to the series you honestly wouldn't even know you missed something.
I think MAD Magazine said it best, "The way they've taken product placement to the next level by using entire films as ads for upcoming sequels...You've got to watch all of them to understand even one of them. That's like not being able to enjoy Furious 7 until you've seen Cars 2 and Herbie: Fully Loaded."

Bleach. I tried and I even liked the first couple of arcs but then I just fell out of it.
Boku no Hero Academia. It seemed nice but didn't click with me enough, despite having good set of characters and plot themes.

There was this series The Vision of Escaflowne that I tried to watch...it seemed right up my alley, I like those kinds of fantasy series, but...the while thing just felt really boring to me? It was kind of like watching a fever dream tbh and the mechs didn't fit in with the rest of the Generic Medieval Land setting at all.

One Piece. My friend loves it and wanted me to get into it. Though, that means I would have to start at the beginning and run through all of those episodes. My brain couldn't function after five episodes and neither did the show click with me. I had to stop watching it.

Never have I EVER been able to make it through the first episode of One Piece. I don’t know what it is about it, but I just don’t like it... I’ve tried, multiple times, but I’m just so not into it...

One Piece, I’ve seen the first 12 episodes and my friends keep encouraging to stick with it. But I just can’t get into the series at all.

Sword art online. I love the concept, but the execution is so bland and breaks all my suspension of disbelief that I can't watch it.

Uh, Hetalia. My friends were obsessed with it so they made it sound a whole lot better than I thought it was when I tried to watch it.

I was hyped to watch Nagi no Asukara because people likened it to Shinsekai yori, but found it thoroughly disappointing with its poorly justified love dodecahedrons, clumsy dialogue and non-conclusions. Not evocative of Shinsekai yori in any way, shape or form in my opinion.

Also, Darling in the Franxx. Watching that one was just embarrassing.

For me, it was Attack on Titan. My friends were telling me how great it was, and I heard many good things about it. To hop on the band wagon, I got on Netflix to watch it. After the first episode, I felt myself get bored halfway through it and begin to day dream. But thinking that the anime just had a rocky start for me, I tried the next episode. I had the same feeling in the next episode, which made me quit watching it all in general. It was sadly one of those animes that I was not interested in.

Chrome Shelled Regios. Dunno why, but I just couldn't get into it even though it seemed pretty interesting.

I've been trying to watch Rurouni Kenshin, but it's been like a year and I'm only on episode 9. The dialogue is kind of weird, I guess.

Durarara!! Unlike WolfMoon, however, after three different attempts to get into the series, I haven't managed to make it past the second episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back